Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports just sent us this higher resolution screenshot of Michael Jordan, in his rookie season, in NBA 2K11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eko718 @ 08/12/10 11:04 AM
People keep saying the body type is too big but the problem seems to be more that the head size compared to the body size of all NBA 2K models is what throws things off... in other words the head is too small. I think the body size is fine. That Jordan looks good as is either way.

# 42 DubTrey1 @ 08/12/10 12:17 PM
Bottom line, I could care less as long as the game is fun, challenging and he's in there -

# 43 Beastly Wayz @ 08/12/10 01:58 PM
All you people that are complaining, get a life, GRaphics look okay, Shouldnt you all be at work, if not, get a job dammit, help the economy please....

# 44 youvalss @ 08/12/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast0627
All you people that are complaining, get a life, GRaphics look okay, Shouldnt you all be at work, if not, get a job dammit, help the economy please....
Relax, it's only an online forum. For you - none of us exist in real life. Take it easy.

# 45 scatman @ 08/12/10 02:10 PM
I think he does look slim. I think if you look at the 1st photos 2K put out and compare them to this one, you can notice it. Maybe it's an optical illusion for me, but I think he does look slim. Another thing though; look at the angle the pic is taken from, his torso look bigger, but not by much. I think his face can be done a lil better but overall I like how everything is looking so far. This is going to look great on my TV!!!!!

# 46 FamousAtticus @ 08/12/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

2K Sports just sent us this higher resolution screenshot of Michael Jordan, in his rookie season, in NBA 2K11.
One thing I just noticed and not sure if its been pointed out yet...But if this screenshot is from the "Jordan Challenge mode" when he dropped 63 points on the Celtics in the playoff game at the old Boston Garden, then why is there a reflection of a ribbon board on the court? I'm almost 100% sure they did not have ribbon boards in arenas especially Boston Garden in 1986. I guess this screenshot is a early version of Jordan playing in the current TD Banknorth Garden...early rough draft or something???

# 47 scatman @ 08/12/10 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousAtticus
One thing I just noticed and not sure if its been pointed out yet...But if this screenshot is from the "Jordan Challenge mode" when he dropped 63 points on the Celtics in the playoff game at the old Boston Garden, then why is there a reflection of a ribbon board on the court? I'm almost 100% sure they did not have ribbon boards in arenas especially Boston Garden in 1986. I guess this screenshot is a early version of Jordan playing in the current TD Banknorth Garden...early rough draft or something???
http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/12745.jpg
http://www.operationsports.com/viewshot.php?id=12531&no=11&outof=19#
I think from these pics you can see a noticeable difference in the body structure of MJ. I'm kind of young (26) so I was barely more than a year old when this happened, but I see the difference in the celtic logo from past to present. I also notice the even though the floor appears glossier, it also has a dullness. As with any hardwood flooring, even the old ones in my place now, i can see a reflection, as dull as they are. The only thing I wish could happen but probably wont is MJ leg pad. That was signature for him. I'm a realist and I know we can't have every feature even though I think it isn't out of the realm of actually making it available... but it is what it is. Oct. 5 cannot come soon enough

# 48 youvalss @ 08/12/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/12745.jpg
http://www.operationsports.com/views...o=11&outof=19#
I think from these pics you can see a noticeable difference in the body structure of MJ. I'm kind of young (26) so I was barely more than a year old when this happened, but I see the difference in the celtic logo from past to present. I also notice the even though the floor appears glossier, it also has a dullness. As with any hardwood flooring, even the old ones in my place now, i can see a reflection, as dull as they are. The only thing I wish could happen but probably wont is MJ leg pad. That was signature for him. I'm a realist and I know we can't have every feature even though I think it isn't out of the realm of actually making it available... but it is what it is. Oct. 5 cannot come soon enough
Back in 1986 he wore a solid black longer knee pad. I'm 100% sure we can edit him and add this knee pad.

# 49 scatman @ 08/12/10 04:12 PM
BTW I'm just waiting from someone to post about the ball he shooting with is inaccurate as well...just saying. I think given the intents and purposes, 2K should be proud of themselves.

# 50 scatman @ 08/12/10 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Back in 1986 he wore a solid black longer knee pad. I'm 100% sure we can edit him and add this knee pad.
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/jordanhof_sophomore_090826.html

Oh I'm sure we can definitely do that, but what I mean is the blk/red 2 tone pad you know. It's really no biggie for me, I've gotten by just fine with what 2K or any sports game for that matter has given us in terms of player editing ability and the gear they provide us with. Trust me, I'm the last one to complain, just give me the game today lol.

# 51 youvalss @ 08/12/10 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/jordanhof_sophomore_090826.html

Oh I'm sure we can definitely do that, but what I mean is the blk/red 2 tone pad you know. It's really no biggie for me, I've gotten by just fine with what 2K or any sports game for that matter has given us in terms of player editing ability and the gear they provide us with. Trust me, I'm the last one to complain, just give me the game today lol.
You're right, my bad. Still, they might have his signature pad, we don't know yet. Let's hope...

# 52 aloncho11 @ 08/12/10 04:42 PM
Plus he shouldn't be wearing biker shorts He didn't were them until 1989...but that can also be edited ingame.

# 53 chackett12 @ 08/12/10 08:06 PM
@youvalss Im assuming you work for 2k. Will we have the ability to do Create a Legend with Jordan back when he was really draft? Although I really like the idea of making him challenge the players of these days.
and Will the logo on Lebron's headband be fixed? Small thing but jw

# 54 youvalss @ 08/13/10 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chackett12
@youvalss Im assuming you work for 2k. Will we have the ability to do Create a Legend with Jordan back when he was really draft? Although I really like the idea of making him challenge the players of these days.
and Will the logo on Lebron's headband be fixed? Small thing but jw
No, I don't work for 2K. Sorry to disappoint you, that was Photoshoped, more as a joke for the guys like me who like all the details done right. I'm gonna delete this message, don't want to mislead others. Sorry for that.

# 55 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/13/10 02:42 AM
Very nice pic. It not perfect but it is close tho. Nice job 2K

# 56 aloncho11 @ 08/15/10 04:48 AM
It's not the final artwork as Mike Wang said...maybe it is at 90% or so...perhaps all the MJ's will be slightly improved in the game's final code.

# 57 AiRJorDan23 @ 08/15/10 05:14 AM
To me so far it looks good just like aloncho11 said I'm sure it's not the final artwork.

# 58 aloncho11 @ 08/15/10 02:53 PM
Hope the make MJ's skin tone a little darker too, he is too light in the vids and screens.

# 59 youvalss @ 08/15/10 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Hope the make MJ's skin tone a little darker too, he is too light in the vids and screens.
Yep, but I'm not sure it's gonna happen. Might be too late. Oh well...

# 60 youvalss @ 08/15/10 03:18 PM
Hey aloncho, I think you should start working on faces for missing players. We already suspect that Laimbeer isn't there (#41???)... So I'm counting on you to create all players that don't have faces.

Once the game is released, it will be a good idea to create a thread listing all the missing classic players. So you can create them for us

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.