Home
NHL 11 News Post

During the NHL 11 Developer chat today, it was announced that the NHL 11 demo will be released in North America on Tuesday August 17th and in EU on Wednesday August 18th. (On the 17th, 2AM PST for X360, and between 1-5PM PST for PS3)

Quick overview of what is included in the demo. You will get a first look at HUT. What is included in HUT will be a starter pack, with a mix of prospects and some rare cards. You will get to play through an offline tournament. Each portion of the tournament bracket you get to play will be the 3rd period of the game. You win? you move on, you lose? you start from the beginning of the tourney.

We will also be including Battle for The Cup in the demo as well. Very similar to last year. It will be Chicago vs Philly, 3rd period of Game 7.

Just the way first party works. Demo dates are subject to first party, so if it they don't launch on these days, it'll be due to issues to first party release.

In case anyone is wondering, your demo HUT team is only for the demo and will not carry over when you buy NHL11. We will be releasing a blog later this week / weekend, outlining all demo info.

UPDATE: Here are some ways you can earn some free HUT packs through the demo. 1) Play the demo. 2) Win the HUT tourney in the demo 3) Invite a friend to the NHL11 demo. To be clear, you will NOT earn 2 packs if you play the demo and win the HUT tourney. You will either get 1 free pack for playing the demo, or 1 free pack for winning the tourney. So when you play the demo, you have an opportunity to get 2 free packs for your actual HUT team in NHL 11.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Hoos @ 08/16/10 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88
Not sure why this is.. Madden 11 had a TON of gameplay vids prior to the release of its demo.. FIFA 11 has had about as much as NHL so far.. hard to say why this is...I guess the truth (demo) shall set us free lol
I'm equally confused as to why they have not released any actual gameplay videos, but I think that a pre-release demo is a good sign. If they were trying to hide poor gameplay from us then we wouldn't see a demo until after release.

With that being said, I'm stoked for tomorrow and expect to be blown away by the new physics

# 62 Money99 @ 08/16/10 04:46 PM
I remember when EA released a number of small gameplay videos for NHL10.
They even admitted to making them for the hardcore fans.

But I also remember a lot of complaining about little things after they did.
And who know? Maybe the promotional team didn't like that they did that?

In any event, the demo will reveal a lot. I'm definitely setting my alarm.

# 63 adayinthelife @ 08/16/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I remember when EA released a number of small gameplay videos for NHL10.
They even admitted to making them for the hardcore fans.

But I also remember a lot of complaining about little things after they did.
And who know? Maybe the promotional team didn't like that they did that?

In any event, the demo will reveal a lot. I'm definitely setting my alarm.
That'd be my guess if I had to make one. It's a very realistic possibility, and it's not like any devs would come out and say it either as you can't exactly throw your own company under the bus like that.

Oh well, only a few more hours now!

# 64 Lordofthething @ 08/16/10 10:34 PM
Does anyone know if you need a Gold membership to download it on xbox? For Madden 11 I had to wait a week because I'm a silver member...

# 65 Money99 @ 08/16/10 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I wouldn't read into things too much. I think this year they not only had more on their plate getting physics in and working but they're really at a point where the game can speak for itself, especially with the demo dropping tomorrow. Add in the personnel changes on the team this year as well and it may explain why the level of "extra" footage wasn't as high as last year.
Totally agree.
And last year was a bit of an anomaly too. I can't remember another EA sports game where they put out that many gameplay clips for hardcore fans. We just go spoiled.

# 66 tyler289 @ 08/16/10 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Totally agree.
And last year was a bit of an anomaly too. I can't remember another EA sports game where they put out that many gameplay clips for hardcore fans. We just go spoiled.
We really are. We're all hardcore hockey fans and we have the BEST developer team out there, they really give us what we want. I'm a big NFL fan but the game has been so terrible that I've lost any interest in buying it.

NHL, though, gets better and better every year. I'm so freakin excited for it, again.

I hope they update the PSN store somewhat earlier tomorrow, I want to play the demo SO BAD - especially since they've barely released gameplay videos, and it seems like presentation got an upgrade!

# 67 Lordofthething @ 08/16/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Definately got spoiled. I just wish I still had a current Live gold sub
I guess this answers my question of whether you need a gold membership to get it on xbox tomorrow...I'm like you though, I have PS3 too so I'll just have to wait until after work. Does xbox live do that with ALL the demo's?

# 68 MizzouBravesFan @ 08/16/10 11:18 PM
Thank God I have tomorrow off lol...

# 69 Lubey @ 08/16/10 11:30 PM
We thinking it'll drop around 2am PST like most demos?

# 70 Vikes1 @ 08/16/10 11:49 PM
Yeah this sorta mystery on just how the game will play now, has really peak my interest off the scale.

Hopefully we'll be in for a number of pleasant surprises.

# 71 BlueNGold @ 08/17/10 01:26 AM
So what time (CST/EST) should this be coming out? Would 4-5 am EST be accurate?

# 72 tyler289 @ 08/17/10 01:27 AM
So pissed that PS3 owners will have to wait until the night to play. FML

# 73 Mikey88 @ 08/17/10 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
So what time (CST/EST) should this be coming out? Would 4-5 am EST be accurate?
I'm thinking that's when its supposed to drop for us in the east. Imma be up around 8 so hopefully it should be there by then! bedtime for me now!

# 74 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 01:49 AM
Quote:
Definately got spoiled. I just wish I still had a current Live gold sub but I suppose waiting til the afternoon for Sony to get its rear in gear won't kill me. I mean we've waited this long as is a few extra hours won't be so bad.
Realm, just a heads up, but... If you create new name on your Xbox, and join Xbox Live, it should give you a free one month trial. All HDD for 360's, come with 3 one month trials, that are used as you make new Gamertags.

Just figured I would throw that out there, maybe you don't feel like waiting after all, hahaha.

# 75 SinisterAlex @ 08/17/10 03:56 AM
Well my alarms all set for 7:30 am in the morning. I can't wait! See everyone here tomorrow with their demo impressions!

# 76 Lubey @ 08/17/10 05:14 AM
Trying to decide how long to wait up. 15 mins past when I hoped they'd update. I'll give it another 15.

# 77 KraZe @ 08/17/10 05:17 AM
I'm just sitting here playing WoW and periodically refreshing the Marketplace website to see if NHL 11 pops up.

# 78 fullmetal2405 @ 08/17/10 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraZe
I'm just sitting here playing WoW and periodically refreshing the Marketplace website to see if NHL 11 pops up.
Almost wish I still played WoW to kill time... I fired up Pokemon Red instead.

And yay for free one month Gold trials.

# 79 TIm @ 08/17/10 05:25 AM
5:24am Est here... No Demo yet LOL!!

# 80 fullmetal2405 @ 08/17/10 05:28 AM
Quote:
Oh hell, thanks fullmetal, I think I have one of those trial things lying around somewhere, though I don't think its a one month card.
Yeah I just created a new profile. Only used one on the HDD so I figured now's as good a time as any to use another. Like hell I'm waiting till after work tonight to download on PS3.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.