Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

It has been confirmed that all NBA 2K11 online games, including ranked, will be set on the simulation gamestyle.

If you've kept up with the NBA 2K11 Developer Insights at 2K Sports, you'd know that they are offering a new feature called "Gamestyles". Gamestyles are preset settings that cater to the specific slider. This was also a great feature in NHL 2K8, and it's nice that Visual Concepts is finally adding it to NBA 2K11.

This goes far beyond just selecting a difficulty level like in past NBA 2K's. The simulation gamestyle is a set of dedicated settings that should reflect a realistic game. For instance, the Insight pointed out that it should be nearly impossible to abuse the baseline when using the simulation gamestyle.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Jonesy @ 08/16/10 09:52 PM
where was it confirmed?

If it's true and they can actually make it so people who try to play real bball can stand a chance and not just people who spam glitches i might actually start playing online for 2k11.

# 2 Kully @ 08/16/10 09:56 PM
Sleepy is a mod at the 2K forums. Still would like a link though.

# 3 Kully @ 08/16/10 10:05 PM
Then it wouldn't be hard to link it, no?

Anyway: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showp...&postcount=202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
no worries, sleepytercel. thanks for looking out for us, devs. and yes, it's official. Simulation for ranked games.

# 4 Jonesy @ 08/16/10 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
Guys, this was confirmed by Beluba at 2K's forum. I wanted to make sure that you guys received the information.

# 5 BDM313 @ 08/16/10 11:08 PM
Sounds Good....I Figured From The Different Gamestyles They Have It As A Option For Online But This Is Great News Cant Wait To See How This Pans Out.

# 6 blues rocker @ 08/16/10 11:12 PM
wow...cheesers are going to be so pissed. excellent. looks like 2k really is committed to fixing the cheese problem.

# 7 ffaacc03 @ 08/16/10 11:30 PM
Are indeed good news ... but remember that games will have exploits ... and cheesing is more a way of living than a playstyle ... which means that peopple will always find ways to cheese ... thus he hope there arent many and there arent so efficient this time around.

# 8 Moses Shuttlesworth @ 08/16/10 11:33 PM
Looks like I'll be playing online after three years absence.

# 9 amedawg00 @ 08/16/10 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
ROFL!...find the most hilarious gifs on this forum....

# 10 aloncho11 @ 08/16/10 11:45 PM
That's good to hear...but won't be playing online. Like people said...cheesers will eventually find a way...

# 11 joel0078 @ 08/16/10 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Are indeed good news ... but remember that games will have exploits ... and cheesing is more a way of living than a playstyle ... which means that peopple will always find ways to cheese ... thus he hope there arent many and there arent so efficient this time around.
Simulation mode or not, the game will undoubtedly have exploits, all games do. And I don't mean any offense, but cheesing is not a "way of life", that's a "cheesy" statement! Cheesing is definitely a playstyle. "Cheesers" don't live their lives "cheesing" at work, or at the gym, or wherever. If you abuse an exploit in a video game, you're labeled as a "cheeser" in the video game community of whatever game your playing, period. Let's not get carried away!!

# 12 WizardJay @ 08/17/10 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Simulation mode or not, the game will undoubtedly have exploits, all games do. And I don't mean any offense, but cheesing is not a "way of life", that's a "cheesy" statement! Cheesing is definitely a playstyle. "Cheesers" don't live their lives "cheesing" at work, or at the gym, or wherever. If you abuse an exploit in a video game, you're labeled as a "cheeser" in the video game community of whatever game your playing, period. Let's not get carried away!!
Well DUH...theres always going to be exploits but with the simulation mode theres going to less exploits than before. which means cheesers will have to rethink there strategy. for example on a fastbreak a cheeser may just throw it up for a alley-oop everytime....at least thats what they did in 2k10 but hopefully in 2k11 thats going to be tuned down which makes the gameplay better.

# 13 RubenDouglas @ 08/17/10 12:31 AM
Just give me the nba average of 23 fouls per game, and 27 FT attempts and ill be fine. rarely in an online game do you see more than 5.

I love fouls and contact

# 14 luv_mist @ 08/17/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Just give me the nba average of 23 fouls per game, and 27 FT attempts and ill be fine. rarely in an online game do you see more than 5.

I love fouls and contact
For me, I'd love to see this and more realistic shooting percentages.

# 15 jfsolo @ 08/17/10 01:36 AM
This is one heck of a test for the development team. Through the sheer numbers they can throw at the task, cheesers have found a way to turn every iteration into Exploits Are Us.

Will they they finally be able to make it so there is a strong disincentive to even try to steal spam, relentlessly double team, stick wiggle to the rack, inbound pass camp, full court pass heave, and any other classic cheddar boy tactics.

Good luck with this Herculean endeavor gents.

# 16 Kushmir @ 08/17/10 11:55 AM
great news!

couldn't be happier...

# 17 eko718 @ 08/17/10 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepytercel
It has been confirmed that all online games, including ranked, will be set on the simulation gamestyle.

If you've kept up with the developer insights at 2K Sports, you'd know that they are offering a new feature called "Gamestyles". Gamestyles are preset settings that cater to the specific slider. This was also a great feature in NHL2K8, and it's nice that Visual Concepts is finally adding it to NBA2K.

This goes far beyond than just selecting a difficulty level like in past NBA2K's. The simulation gamestyle is a set of dedicated settings that should reflect a realsitic game. For instance, the Insight pointed out that it should be nearly impossible to abuse the baseline when using the simulation gamestyle.
Beautiful. And since over 85% voted that their Gamerstyle is simulation(sure) between this and the 2K forum, there should be no complaints.

# 18 youvalss @ 08/17/10 12:51 PM
That's nice to hear!

I might start playing online some day. For the first time ever, I tried online with 2K10, but I guess I just didn't get how it works. I waited and waited until someone logged on and the game started...and then the guy was gone. After that, I promised myself not to try it again. But things might be better with 2K11...we'll see.

# 19 Pared @ 08/17/10 01:54 PM
Good now that you guys know you can stop the speculating.

I wonder what is next on the list of things to complain about...

# 20 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 08/17/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
nice. but the real question is whether they'll change it once the 12 year-olds start complaining...
So true.

Stupid 12 year old picking Cleveland and using LeBron to attack the basket every play, dunking over people, pausing, showing the replay, and sending you messages that you suck.

Then I start taking charges, foul him out, and then start beating them because Jamario Moon can't dribble. Then they pull the plug. lmfao

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.