Home
NHL 11 News Post

EA Sports NHL 11 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and the PLAYSTATION Network. Powered by a revolutionary real-time physics engine, the franchise that has won 22 sports game of the year awards over the past three years will showcase two game modes in the demo: Battle for the Cup and the all-new Hockey Ultimate Team.

Battle for the Cup:

In Battle for the Cup, players will experience all the emotion and drama of the third period of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup™ Championship between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks. The mode features an all new faceoff system, new quick dekes and the ability to score amazing goals even while lying on the ice.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

The all-new Hockey Ultimate Team brings Online Dynasty play to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise for the first time ever. In the demo, players will be able to pick up a starter pack of cards to build their Ultimate Hockey Team. Take your new team to the ice and play against either the Canadian Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires, or the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers. Play and win games in the demo with your Ultimate Team and earn up to two additional packs in the full version of NHL 11, when it is released on September 7, 2010.

The demo will also feature an interactive tutorial that will allow those new to the franchise to learn the controls, and allow long-time fans to practice some of the new controls in the game, including Faceoffs.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lubey @ 08/17/10 05:32 AM

EA Sports NHL 11 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and the PLAYSTATION Network. Powered by a revolutionary real-time physics engine, the franchise that has won 22 sports game of the year awards over the past three years will showcase two game modes in the demo: Battle for the Cup and the all-new Hockey Ultimate Team.

Battle for the Cup:

In Battle for the Cup, players will experience all the emotion and drama of the third period of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup™ Championship between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks. The mode features an all new faceoff system, new quick dekes and the ability to score amazing goals even while lying on the ice.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

The all-new Hockey Ultimate Team brings Online Dynasty play to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise for the first time ever. In the demo, players will be able to pick up a starter pack of cards to build their Ultimate Hockey Team. Take your new team to the ice and play against either the Canadian Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires, or the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers. Play and win games in the demo with your Ultimate Team and earn up to two additional packs in the full version of NHL 11, when it is released on September 7, 2010.

The demo will also feature an interactive tutorial that will allow those new to the franchise to learn the controls, and allow long-time fans to practice some of the new controls in the game, including Faceoffs.

# 2 Lubey @ 08/17/10 05:48 AM
97%. READY TO PLAY.

EDIT: Booting it up.

# 3 Lubey @ 08/17/10 05:52 AM
First person to post the new faceoff controls gets a hug.

# 4 18 eighty 5 @ 08/17/10 05:56 AM
How do you copy the link? Where do I paste it to on my 360? Arrghhhhhhh!!!!

# 5 Lubey @ 08/17/10 05:58 AM
If you're expecting a completely new engine you'll be disappointed. The new checking basically gets rid of the situations of goofy looking checking animations. No more cross checking when you go to hit some guy along the boards. It creates a good visual of just bumping or rubbing a guy in situations when that happens in real life. One broken stick so far.

# 6 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Robot
How do you copy the link? Where do I paste it to on my 360? Arrghhhhhhh!!!!
You have to be able to sign into the M$ site. You use the E-Mail of your GT. Once it's setup it will just show up in your active downloads.

I'm guessing it will show up on the regular Marketplace pretty soon though.

Starting up right now!

# 7 Lubey @ 08/17/10 06:02 AM
Hmmm 3 times a player either had his stick broken or lost it in one period. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue. Cool so far. User celebrations are sort of neat. For those worried they'll be annoying, don't worry. I scored and only had about 3 seconds to do a celebration before it cut.

# 8 Lubey @ 08/17/10 06:04 AM
Just realized there's a faceoff tutorial.

# 9 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 06:05 AM
I'm so giddy right now. This game is remarkable. They didn't change much, but the changes are just so appant if you have played. This is gorgeous.

Everybody needs to remember, the strength of your pass is based of the right trigger.

# 10 18 eighty 5 @ 08/17/10 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
You have to be able to sign into the M$ site. You use the E-Mail of your GT. Once it's setup it will just show up in your active downloads.

I'm guessing it will show up on the regular Marketplace pretty soon though.

Starting up right now!
Thanks mate but I don't understand. Don't worry though, enjoy the game bro.

# 11 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 06:15 AM
The organic feel people were talking about is kinda coming through. With the more manual passing, hits and SO FAR what looks like better poitional AI defense and better CPU AI offense. Need to play more, but it looks pretty damn good right now.

# 12 Lubey @ 08/17/10 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Theres a slider for broken sticks, they prolly have it jacked in the demo to show it off. Not too worried about that.
Yeah I thought I heard about the slider. I'm just worried about EASHL and online. I played another period and didn't see any, so maybe it was more than average.

Also, the more I experience the checking the more I like it. There's some big hits, probably more than happen in real life, but the minor collisions look really really good IMO. MUCH better than 10. They make sense.

# 13 Lubey @ 08/17/10 06:19 AM
Oh, and does anyone know if the team name you pick in the demo for UT carries over to the retail game? I want to try UT but need to think of a good name first if that's the case.

# 14 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Yeah I thought I heard about the slider. I'm just worried about EASHL and online. I played another period and didn't see any, so maybe it was more than average.

Also, the more I experience the checking the more I like it. There's some big hits, probably more than happen in real life, but the minor collisions look really really good IMO. MUCH better than 10. They make sense.
Maybe it is the way I play, but I haven't seen one, I'm about to start my third, third period. Hahaha.

EDIT- Anyone else got any impressions? I'm kinda falling in love over here...

# 15 b3organ @ 08/17/10 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubey
Oh, and does anyone know if the team name you pick in the demo for UT carries over to the retail game? I want to try UT but need to think of a good name first if that's the case.
I've understood that you're only able to earn card packs for the real thing by playing the demo. So no name carries over.

# 16 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 06:28 AM
It isn't your actual team for HUT. The players you get are much too good.

# 17 We Want The Cup @ 08/17/10 06:30 AM
I am digging the card game. Probably because that's the only way to play a full game right now though haha. But it should get interesting when we can play others.

EDIT: nevermind, you still only play 1 period. The first game just felt longer. Oh well, in 2 periods my boy John Tavares had 2 goals. Do we get to keep these players for the retail version?

# 18 CS10029 @ 08/17/10 06:31 AM
You play the Spitfires first, against Taylor Hall!

Doesn't look like you can mess with the sliders.

YOU CAN SHUT PUCK SHADOW OFF!!!! Also you can change the puck size...?? Don't get that, but whatever.

# 19 Splitter77 @ 08/17/10 06:41 AM
how do the goalies look? also, do you see any new cameras??

# 20 We Want The Cup @ 08/17/10 06:42 AM
Not too happy with a few of the goals scored against me. A few where the goalie made a save, the puck popped up and he just stared at it and then shuffled into it, pushing it into the net. The goals I scored have been nice and satisfying though. And the hits I have been laying with Chara have FELT nice. Not sure about how it looks though.

« Previous1234567893738Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.