Home
NHL 11 News Post

EA Sports NHL 11 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and the PLAYSTATION Network. Powered by a revolutionary real-time physics engine, the franchise that has won 22 sports game of the year awards over the past three years will showcase two game modes in the demo: Battle for the Cup and the all-new Hockey Ultimate Team.

Battle for the Cup:

In Battle for the Cup, players will experience all the emotion and drama of the third period of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup™ Championship between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks. The mode features an all new faceoff system, new quick dekes and the ability to score amazing goals even while lying on the ice.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

The all-new Hockey Ultimate Team brings Online Dynasty play to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise for the first time ever. In the demo, players will be able to pick up a starter pack of cards to build their Ultimate Hockey Team. Take your new team to the ice and play against either the Canadian Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires, or the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers. Play and win games in the demo with your Ultimate Team and earn up to two additional packs in the full version of NHL 11, when it is released on September 7, 2010.

The demo will also feature an interactive tutorial that will allow those new to the franchise to learn the controls, and allow long-time fans to practice some of the new controls in the game, including Faceoffs.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 721 Vikes1 @ 09/01/10 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Maybe I should try that too because I have trouble scoring as well. thanks for the tip
Thanks Ezio.

But the credit must go to DJ. He's posted many tips that have helped me to enjoy the game even more. Too bad I sux so bad that many times I can't put the tips into practice.

# 722 ezio @ 09/01/10 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Thanks Ezio.

But the credit must go to DJ. He's posted many tips that have helped me to enjoy the game even more. Too bad I sux so bad that many times I can't put the tips into practice.
Well in that case. thanks DJ

# 723 DJ @ 09/01/10 01:46 PM
Trust me, I've far from an expert on this game. I'd say I'm very, very average at this game and if I were to play online, I'm sure it would not be pretty.

I will say that changing the camera angle to "Classic" really helped me. It's pulled back a little more than the default camera and allows you to see more of the ice and that really helps in terms of passing and cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

# 724 ezio @ 09/01/10 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Trust me, I've far from an expert on this game. I'd say I'm very, very average at this game and if I were to play online, I'm sure it would not be pretty.

I will say that changing the camera angle to "Classic" really helped me. It's pulled back a little more than the default camera and allows you to see more of the ice and that really helps in terms of passing and cycling the puck in the offensive zone.
Will try that. thanks

# 725 Vikes1 @ 09/01/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobert0247
Another thing I'll mention as we eagerly await next Tuesday, the puck pursuit aspect of this game is amazing. I love going on the forecheck, being one step behind a guy, and trying to win the puck battle. Not only on the forecheck, but puck battles all over the ice are extremely fun and gratifying when won. This is yet another area of pure awesomeness to look forward to in NHL 11.
Here's more things I need to improve on.

I just haven't taken advantage of all that you can do to help your cause in this excellent game. Rarely do I ever really forecheck, and pin players against the boards. Or really get physical vs the cpu, which does work to shake them up. I guess things just happen so fast, and sometimes I get kind of intimidated by all the different controls.

# 726 Super Glock @ 09/01/10 02:05 PM
Quote:

Changing the camera to "Classic" has helped me big time.

# 727 Vikes1 @ 09/01/10 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Not only how sweet the goal was, but, isn't it everyone's dream to score a game- winning-Game 7-Stanley Cup Final-goal-----on home ice!!??

Hence my over-excitement. Lol!

6 more days, fellas!
Yeah that wouldn't be too bad of a way for the season to end.

All the praise, adulation, money, chicks, etc.. Yep, I could do with some of that.

PS: That is if my wife would let me.

# 728 BPK @ 09/01/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
The saucer pass button is the right bumper button for xbox and I'm guessing R1 for ps3. I think Pro normal for the online setting but I could be wrong.
For people who played NHL online last year: is there a way of playing ranked games at a higher setting? Does it not concern anybody else that the AI is a little dumber on pro and so online games on this setting won't be nearly as realistic as they would be on All-Star.

# 729 crobert0247 @ 09/02/10 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Here's more things I need to improve on.

I just haven't taken advantage of all that you can do to help your cause in this excellent game. Rarely do I ever really forecheck, and pin players against the boards. Or really get physical vs the cpu, which does work to shake them up. I guess things just happen so fast, and sometimes I get kind of intimidated by all the different controls.
Hence the need for the game speed to be reduced just a tad bit. It would lead to even more realistic sim-like play. I'm sure it will get even better in the retail release. It's near happy time again.

# 730 Lubey @ 09/02/10 05:02 AM
When you think about it, has there ever been a sports game that has been this realistic and this fun? I mean, we're sitting in a thread discussing how fun FORECHECKING is. When have you even been able to forecheckat all in a game before? This is the first series you can effectively cycle the puck. First series you can actually set up a powerplay. They even tried to put in the momentum resulting from physical play. It's the first time I've felt developers really know hockey.

When I heard about goal reviews I was skeptical but they are awesome to watch, create suspense, and don't get in the way. That's pretty much all you can ask for. Adding to the experience.

Just imagine this game with NBA 2k10's broadcast presentation.

# 731 Lubey @ 09/02/10 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
This dev team deserves alot of credit for paying attention to the fan base, and delivering.

It breaks my heart going over to the NBA Elite forum and watching everyone hate on Littman.

# 732 Lubey @ 09/02/10 05:21 AM
I'm pretty sure people would be throwing things if they could.

# 733 idrisguitar @ 09/02/10 06:47 AM
they are all stuck up on the vids, they need to play it.

give that game time. he has good ideas.

im sick of 2k, so im open to elite, but too many people are way to diehard and will shut down whatever is seen as competition. its odd really.

# 734 ezio @ 09/02/10 09:41 AM
Quote:

So I changed the camera to classic last night and it seemed to help. Also, I was looking at the different settings trying to figure out why I could score on casual and I think it is because aiming is on Auto for that setting so I may use Auto and the classic camera. Thanks for the advice.

# 735 06woz @ 09/02/10 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
So I changed the camera to classic last night and it seemed to help. Also, I was looking at the different settings trying to figure out why I could score on casual and I think it is because aiming is on Auto for that setting so I may use Auto and the classic camera. Thanks for the advice.
You can just use the CUSTOM camera in the full game.

# 736 ezio @ 09/02/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06woz
You can just use the CUSTOM camera in the full game.
Yeah I know I saw that. that might help too

# 737 DJ @ 09/02/10 01:25 PM
Quote:
What would be nice is if you're leading in the Cup Final at home, when there's one minute left in the game, hear the PA announcer say "ooonnnnneee minute!!!!!" then hear the home crowd just get loud and crazy and stay that way for the duration of the game. No announcing. Just like real life.

That would add immersion as well, IMO.
In NHL 10, this would happen in the playoffs. The home team's crowd would get loud and start waving the towels around in the last minute if they were ahead and if I remember correctly, you didn't hear as much commentary (but that could be my imagination).

# 738 adayinthelife @ 09/02/10 02:28 PM
Quote:
Oh, well then it should've stayed in for 11, although I'm not seeing/hearing it in the demo.

Thanks...
The commentary doesn't stop, but if you're ahead as Chicago in the demo the crowd gets all uppity for the last little bit.

# 739 onlybygrace @ 09/02/10 06:17 PM
Played a Battle for the Cup last night that went 8 overtimes on Superstar. The Flyers beat when Niemi went to cover the puck...but missed. Great game even if the finish sucked.

Superstar goaltenders definitely getting their reaction time knocked down a bit.

# 740 JezFranco @ 09/03/10 09:00 AM
Ok... is this a new function or did I completely miss it in NHL 10?

When you don't have the puck, with any player and hold down vision control (L2/LT) and pull back the right stick, your player is charging a slap shot. Without puck.
This can be done even when you're defending!

I haven't succeded in using it in a good way yet, but yesterday I played a few matches on locked positions, and I just skated around without the puck, charging for a slap shot... I just never got the puck in a good position to shoot! XD

I noticed it by accident, and haven't read about it on the forums.
Now I'm scared to look like fool here, considering the many hours I spent on NHL 9 & 10. But is this something new to the series? Pls tell me so.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.