Home
NHL 11 News Post

EA Sports NHL 11 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and the PLAYSTATION Network. Powered by a revolutionary real-time physics engine, the franchise that has won 22 sports game of the year awards over the past three years will showcase two game modes in the demo: Battle for the Cup and the all-new Hockey Ultimate Team.

Battle for the Cup:

In Battle for the Cup, players will experience all the emotion and drama of the third period of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup™ Championship between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks. The mode features an all new faceoff system, new quick dekes and the ability to score amazing goals even while lying on the ice.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

The all-new Hockey Ultimate Team brings Online Dynasty play to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise for the first time ever. In the demo, players will be able to pick up a starter pack of cards to build their Ultimate Hockey Team. Take your new team to the ice and play against either the Canadian Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires, or the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers. Play and win games in the demo with your Ultimate Team and earn up to two additional packs in the full version of NHL 11, when it is released on September 7, 2010.

The demo will also feature an interactive tutorial that will allow those new to the franchise to learn the controls, and allow long-time fans to practice some of the new controls in the game, including Faceoffs.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
I mean I know anything can happen (Semin's slapfest!)
You mean Drumfest, right?

# 122 SinisterAlex @ 08/17/10 02:41 PM
The A.I has gotten 3 charging calls so far when I've played.

I hope they fix this, but with the post whistle scrums, there doesn't seem to be any sort of penalty when you literally lay a guy out. The A.I has crushed me up against the boards or steamrolled me to the ice, with no penalty.

# 123 mkharsh33 @ 08/17/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presswithsafetyshade
Someone needs to explain to me why there is no sense of momentum or speed playing "hardcore". Unless you manually control a player to "hustle" your AI won't come with any speed or even chase most of the time on a dump. I had several steps on the Hawks D-man with Carter and dude just stopped moving his legs on the breakaway. Defensively everyone skates and the energy is fine, but once you get the puck any sense of flow is gone. I can put a tape-to-tape outlet pass from Pronger to a player moving through the neutral zone and he never gains or keeps any speed. Maybe I'm not doing something right, but at least offensively the demo seems broken.
In the 4 games I got in today, I noticed that my offensive guys tend to peel off when I dumped the puck. I found myself with 2 guys in my zone (me and another skater) and I was constantly outnumbered and could get nothing going. I thought it was a bit odd...

# 124 Vikes1 @ 08/17/10 02:47 PM
So far I'm really enjoying the changes to the feel of the game. In fact, I'm REALLY enjoying it.

On ALL-Star hardcore, the game seems more challenging than last year. I'm having a heck of a time getting off any real good scoring chances. Loving the game so far.

# 125 narwhale @ 08/17/10 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Thanks for posting. The only thing that looked weird to me was on the first goal when your guy skates in an arc right before the shot and the puck travels with him without him touching it.

# 126 adayinthelife @ 08/17/10 02:52 PM
Seems like there a few randomly blonde haired players that shouldn't be - Asham, Mark Bell (unless playing in Europe has changed his style ).

# 127 Panther84 @ 08/17/10 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31
The demo just got better bc it confirms that there will be custom goal horns. It's in the help section under custom music
Great find! i guess they ended up adding it in the end because they said it wasn't going to be in this years game. I'm happy the options there because the horn for the hawks in the demo is wayyyy off.

# 128 Qb @ 08/17/10 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend

I hope they fix this, but with the post whistle scrums, there doesn't seem to be any sort of penalty when you literally lay a guy out. The A.I has crushed me up against the boards or steamrolled me to the ice, with no penalty.
If you look in the settings, post whistle rules are set to "relaxed", meaning you can get away with a lot more. I'd like to see them go to authentic for OTP/EASHL, but I don't know if they want to go that route...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
In the 4 games I got in today, I noticed that my offensive guys tend to peel off when I dumped the puck. I found myself with 2 guys in my zone (me and another skater) and I was constantly outnumbered and could get nothing going. I thought it was a bit odd...
Knowing that we're stuck with auto line changes in the demo, could it be that your team is going for a change when you dump it in? Just a shot in the dark...

# 129 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Seems like there a few randomly blonde haired players that shouldn't be - Asham, Mark Bell (unless playing in Europe has changed his style ).
Indeed! I noticed Asham with blonde whitish hair when Richards handed him the cup in the demo. hahahahaha

# 130 FBeaule04 @ 08/17/10 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
If you look in the settings, post whistle rules are set to "relaxed", meaning you can get away with a lot more. I'd like to see them go to authentic for OTP/EASHL, but I don't know if they want to go that route...

Knowing that we're stuck with auto line changes in the demo, could it be that your team is going for a change when you dump it in? Just a shot in the dark...
EASHL anytime! You play on a club, so there's a GM, that can kick your a** out of the club if you play like a clown. On OTP, that's a different story, I wouldn't want to be on the PK all game long, and that's what would happen since there's a lot of idiots online playing OTP.

# 131 Money99 @ 08/17/10 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend

It depends on who's doing the hitting. If Pronger is laying you out 80-feet away from the puck, or well after the whistle it's not a penalty.

But if anyone else does it, yes a call should be made.

Sorry Philly fans, I couldn't resist.

# 132 Qb @ 08/17/10 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
EASHL anytime! You play on a club, so there's a GM, that can kick your a** out of the club if you play like a clown. On OTP, that's a different story, I wouldn't want to be on the PK all game long, and that's what would happen since there's a lot of idiots online playing OTP.
Fair point and I would support authentic post whistle rules for EASHL play and relaxed rules for community OTP. Not a bad suggestion to pass along to the devs... if only we knew someone who could do that.

# 133 SuperDave21 @ 08/17/10 03:32 PM
I can't wait to get home and download this baby! I wait for this time of the year like it's the second coming of jesus or something.

Anyways, could someone tell us if the passing has been finally fixed? NHL 10's passing was atrocious to the point that I just stopped playing. I've been watching some demo play on youtube and I'm digging the new engine and hitting.

# 134 elsonico @ 08/17/10 03:33 PM
wow, very impressed with playing the demo!

I won H.U.T. in the shootout 2:0 vs. Team Canada and the game 7 Chi vs. Phi 4:5, both Phi goals scored in the last minute.

Awesome, awesome, awesome, it feels like you have more control or can act more precise. The 2 goals I scored in the Stanley Cup final came on a blast from the blue line and on a breakaway, where I went glove-side high and nailed it.

I am very thrilled to get my hands on the final version!!!

# 135 NBAttacKeR @ 08/17/10 03:36 PM
You 360ers wouldnt believe how jealous this ps3 user is. i check psn like every 2-3 minutes -__- Does anybody know when the PSN is updated? Does the game feel alot more smoother?

# 136 Vikes1 @ 08/17/10 03:37 PM
As I mentioned earlier, I'm really digging the demo.

A few detailed thoughts...I was trying to carry the puck up the left boards, hoping it wouldn't be just like '10'...were you'd get past the blue line uncontested. It wasn't...I got blasted! Not sure yet how common this will be. But it was great to see this happen at all.

As Qb mentioned, yep, on All-Star hardcore, the cpu was on me quick! The AI seems much more aggressive this year. For me anyway....very tough to try to just skate into the crease area.

And a very big improvement, the cpu AI seems much more aggressive and smarter in your zone. Can't wait to play some more.

# 137 Money99 @ 08/17/10 03:38 PM
Can anyone comment if the 'berzerker mode' is gone from the higher difficulty levels?
Will the CPU pass at lightning quick speeds and 100% accuracy?

# 138 Mikey88 @ 08/17/10 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Can anyone comment if the 'berzerker mode' is gone from the higher difficulty levels?
Will the CPU pass at lightning quick speeds and 100% accuracy?
hard to say because we cant really change the sliders..

# 139 nolesfan69 @ 08/17/10 03:43 PM
I really like the demo but I have not noticed any type of Euphoria real time
physics in the game yet. The game feels alot like 10 and the game looks
more polished. Have any of you guys feel the same way.

# 140 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 03:50 PM
"Paying the price for Your Betrayal, Your Betrayal, Your Betraaaaaaaaaayal!" This song is now in my head every second.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.