Home
NHL 11 News Post

EA Sports NHL 11 demo is now available on Xbox LIVE and the PLAYSTATION Network. Powered by a revolutionary real-time physics engine, the franchise that has won 22 sports game of the year awards over the past three years will showcase two game modes in the demo: Battle for the Cup and the all-new Hockey Ultimate Team.

Battle for the Cup:

In Battle for the Cup, players will experience all the emotion and drama of the third period of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup™ Championship between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Chicago Blackhawks. The mode features an all new faceoff system, new quick dekes and the ability to score amazing goals even while lying on the ice.

Hockey Ultimate Team:

The all-new Hockey Ultimate Team brings Online Dynasty play to the EA SPORTS NHL franchise for the first time ever. In the demo, players will be able to pick up a starter pack of cards to build their Ultimate Hockey Team. Take your new team to the ice and play against either the Canadian Hockey League’s Windsor Spitfires, or the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers. Play and win games in the demo with your Ultimate Team and earn up to two additional packs in the full version of NHL 11, when it is released on September 7, 2010.

The demo will also feature an interactive tutorial that will allow those new to the franchise to learn the controls, and allow long-time fans to practice some of the new controls in the game, including Faceoffs.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Trevelyan @ 08/17/10 03:50 PM
I love everything about the game so far, except that they slowed down the game a lot...especially when you have the puck, you're ultra slow.

# 142 Qb @ 08/17/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Can anyone comment if the 'berzerker mode' is gone from the higher difficulty levels?
Will the CPU pass at lightning quick speeds and 100% accuracy?
Money, one of the new sliders/options is "CPU Strategy Adjustment" which controls how much the CPU AI alters its team strategies during the course of a game. I know a lot of the "bezerker" discussion hypothesized that aggressive strategies caused it... apparently someone was listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
On the topic of CPU AI its much more aggressive, I'm actually finding I have to really work now just to set up in the zone, which is a great thing.
Good to know my skills didn't take a sudden nosedive since the CPU was handing me my rear at the community event...

# 143 CallCenterZombie @ 08/17/10 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crobert0247
"Paying the price for Your Betrayal, Your Betrayal, Your Betraaaaaaaaaayal!" This song is now in my head every second.
Calm down crobert. Please explain?

# 144 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 04:08 PM
I just had a sick breakaway goal by Briere early in the 3rd.

Carter gets a breakout pass from Coburn from behind Leighton. I float a little flip pass through Campbell and Boynton to Briere, who is even and right between them. I press the hustle button and then Protect Puck button to gain just a tidbit of an edge, get through to just have enough time to fake backhand and go forehand upstairs. He was getting poked and pushed but managed to score and get within 1 of a tie for the cup.

# 145 takki @ 08/17/10 04:11 PM
Whenever my goalie goes to get the puck behind the net, then has to pass it out...

It's really awkward. He won't pass in the direction I press, and I had a goal scored on me because he randomly threw it in front of the net. I tried doing a hard pass, but that doesn't help either.

Are you guys having this problem?

# 146 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
Calm down crobert. Please explain?
It's a song in the demo, Zombie.

# 147 SinisterAlex @ 08/17/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
As I mentioned earlier, I'm really digging the demo.

A few detailed thoughts...I was trying to carry the puck up the left boards, hoping it wouldn't be just like '10'...were you'd get past the blue line uncontested. It wasn't...I got blasted! Not sure yet how common this will be. But it was great to see this happen at all.

As Qb mentioned, yep, on All-Star hardcore, the cpu was on me quick! The AI seems much more aggressive this year. For me anyway....very tough to try to just skate into the crease area.

And a very big improvement, the cpu AI seems much more aggressive and smarter in your zone. Can't wait to play some more.
I'm noticing the enterance to the zone is alot harder also. I always carry the puck down the wing, but now like you said, you get crushed or you just run out of room. Dumping the puck into the zone is more important than ever now.

I'm finally getting used to playing NHL hockey games again. First 10 games I played, I only score 3 goals Now I'm starting to get the hang of playing hockey again and I've score 2 goals the last 5 games I've played. Oh and this is on SuperStar Normal. I don't know if I want to go to Hardcore...

# 148 Money99 @ 08/17/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Impossible to know for sure with locked sliders but the cpu on their default ss hardcore settings misses plenty of passes for me at least from the little time I've had with the demo thus far.

On the topic of CPU AI its much more aggressive, I'm actually finding I have to really work now just to set up in the zone, which is a great thing.
That's great to hear. Thanks!

# 149 pf8363 @ 08/17/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Seems like there a few randomly blonde haired players that shouldn't be - Asham, Mark Bell (unless playing in Europe has changed his style ).
funny because tyler myers should have blonde hair but in the game its brown.

# 150 allcubs23 @ 08/17/10 04:35 PM
I love the demo. I can't believe they were able to make such a great game this much better. The real time physics has made the game so realistic. NHL is so far ahead of any other sports game out there.

# 151 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 04:40 PM
Wow. I was just extremely lucky. With Pronger, I put Sharp head first into the boards and got off with a minor for hitting from behind. Sharp wasn't hurt but man oh man, it looked brutal.

# 152 crobert0247 @ 08/17/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takki
Whenever my goalie goes to get the puck behind the net, then has to pass it out...

It's really awkward. He won't pass in the direction I press, and I had a goal scored on me because he randomly threw it in front of the net. I tried doing a hard pass, but that doesn't help either.

Are you guys having this problem?
I am a bit. It is defintely awkward considering it was so consistent in NHL 10. It seems the long pass(stick) is a bit clunky, unresponsive, or on a delay at times. It may only be a demo/build issue. I'm sure the sweet spot will be back in the full game. The RT hard pass works on the spot for me though.

# 153 BlueNGold @ 08/17/10 05:00 PM
This game is greatness. I literally spent 3 hours playing the demo. Downloaded it at 12 and just finished up playing a little while ago. Aside from the physics, there isn't nothing that's really a massive leap forward. This isn't a completely new game from NHL 10 IMO, but I'm not saying that in a bad way at all.

There were a ton of little things that have been added that just makes the game so much better. The hustle button, the new protect puck animation, dropping/breaking sticks, tweaks to the skating engine, CPU AI (dekes, cycling, defense, odd-man rushes), the new overlays, tripping animations, the amazing puck physics, no more suction to the boardplay, and on and on. This game just feels like 110% authentic hockey.

Love the hitting engine. Loving the ability to just rub out guys along the boards (I hope when you play in the playoffs this is increased), the difference in hitting ability between players and also how pretty much every hit is different.

I've had a bitch of a time trying to score goals but one goal I did score was a nice clean wrist shot with Tyler Myers. I've hit a couple of posts as well but despite the fact I'm lacking in goals scored, I've noticed that it just feels like wrist shots and backhanders are much more dangerous than ever. It actually feels like you can score clean wristers now.

Ultimate Team is very addicting. I'll definitely be spending time with this mode. It's a lot of fun and just puts a lot more value into purchasing the game. With sports games it's usually tough to justify dropping the $60 on them because there isn't enough game modes or new features, but with UT, the Be A GM improvements, and all the modes from past years, it really makes it seem worthwhile to pay full price for this game.

One last thing to add to this post. I was going through the Help Menu because I know they always have info about the new features/improvements. I checked out the Be A GM improvements and aside from what we know, I noticed that we can trade up to 6 years worth of draft picks and that they've re-done the draft classes to resemble real world tendencies. Didn't notice anything about Online Be A GM though unfortunately.

# 154 AlexOvechkin @ 08/17/10 05:01 PM
This might be asked already, but well...

Do you guys know, when this demo will be available on PS3?

# 155 ezio @ 08/17/10 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOvechkin

Usually between 5:00 - 8:00 PM EST.

# 156 jamesdevil @ 08/17/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOvechkin

It is available now. Do a search for, 'NHL'.

# 157 bosshog78 @ 08/17/10 05:08 PM
search nhl 11. It's out now

# 158 adayinthelife @ 08/17/10 05:09 PM
Awesome. I'm 99% sure I'm going to get it for PS3, but it will be nice to compare them at this stage.

# 159 ezio @ 08/17/10 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevil
It is available now. Do a search for, 'NHL'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshog78
search nhl 11. It's out now

Thanks for the heads up.

# 160 TNKNGM @ 08/17/10 05:11 PM
Search for "NHL"....it will be the first thing you see

took me 4 minutes to download 50% on my FIOS connection

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.