Home
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 News Post

IGN has posted their WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 preview.

Quote:
"With the noobs satisfied, let's get to brass tacks and geek out over what THQ is adding this time around. The biggest change -- at least in my eyes – is WWE Universe. Basically, this shoves everything you do in exhibition, all of the championships, all of the stables and rivalries system, and whatever else into one mode that's always active. When WWE Universe is on, it's going to give you an event – Raw, Superstars, SmackDown or a pay-per-view – and an event card. This isn't generated at random. This is a card based on the feuds and friendships that exist on your system as well as rankings. Now, if you don't like the matches, you're free to change them however you like – different people, different stipulations, etc. – and the game will react, remember, and craft the story around it.

It's career mode without having a career mode. It's a constant WWE at your fingertips where you can pull the strings (you still get to choose who are champs as well as who are friends and who are rivals if you want). If you don't like the look of a particular card, you can change it or sim past it to the next show, which leads into the next event, which leads into the PPV, and so on. When this is happening, the folks in the federation are building friendships and creating enemies. The game notices this and modifies the WWE relationships, and this then leads to one of 100 random cutscenes before, during and after your matches. This is stuff like your foe attacking you during your entrance, a match changing on the fly, and so on.

All of this actually matters, as well. There's a ranking system in WWE Universe that shows where certain Superstars stand in the federation. As you play – and keep in mind, you can play as whomever you want or as many people as you want – your character or characters start to move in the rankings and vie for number one contender spots and championships. You need to earn your ticket to the top… or at least jump in and edit it so that you're the champ."

Game: WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 10 - View All
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jukeman @ 08/18/10 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I'll probably make classic guys, and guys I wish would come over to the WWE like Samoa Joe or AJ Styles.

I was thinking, I'd do a lot of simulating. I am wondering if we can edit other wrestlers attributes as well. So in a way burying someone we don't like and pushing someone we like. The more we can edit the better, although I doubt they will let us edit WWE wrestlers appearances...but it would be cool, it was done in the wold WWF No Mercy game, and that's what made it so much fun.

I was thinking about the multiplayer options for it. You can basically play career mode with your friends

I guess the only thing I am worried about is...sounds too good to be true. I hope they don't make that one mistake or glitch that ruins the mode.

Also vernond, WWE has gone PG so I doubt there will be any blood in the game.

Quote:
For the first time ever, you can change existing Superstar attribute points
We can

# 22 Fiasco West @ 08/18/10 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
there is blood in the game this year -- option to turn on / off
Thank you for that correction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
We can
That one as well. Really looking forward to playing this.

# 23 rangerrick012 @ 08/18/10 01:55 AM
The more I think about it the more I really like this idea. Even if it's not perfectly executed, it seems like a great thing to be able to play around with and have different cards, outcomes. Can you imagine - main event WM 27 - Goldust vs Santino! Make it happen! And we can, in theory.

# 24 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/18/10 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
there is blood in the game this year -- option to turn on / off
Well far as I can remember Blood has been for the past few years now. But it good that you reconfirm it just to be on the safe side. Thanks alot bro.

# 25 ExtremeGamer @ 08/18/10 05:56 AM
Finally this game sounds to be turning around. Been a long time coming that we've had a great wrestling game. Not sure if 2011 will be it, but the foundation may have been laid.

Get some good people involved, and things take off.

Good to see.

# 26 DaveDQ @ 08/18/10 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Nice video. That must be two user controlled wrestlers in some of those highlights, no? The recipient of many of the moves looks to be just standing there anticipating the move. I was thinking they did that on purpose to show some things off because the article mentions they are trying to do things that correct the feeling of the wrestler just standing there with little animation.

# 27 Jukeman @ 08/18/10 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Nice video. That must be two user controlled wrestlers in some of those highlights, no? The recipient of many of the moves looks to be just standing there anticipating the move. I was thinking they did that on purpose to show some things off because the article mentions they are trying to do things that correct the feeling of the wrestler just standing there with little animation.
Yea I hope the cpu sell moves so we can actually set things up...

I notice that they mention wrestlers will get "groggy"

I dont think I notice any "groggy-ness" in the past SvR games, I could be wrong, cant remember...

# 28 HealyMonster @ 08/18/10 02:22 PM
well, im not going to be playing this game online, thats for sure. This new fad has to go away fast. Whats the point of renting a game if you have to pay to play online? I already pay to rent it, and pay for xbox live, seems like this "pay 10 dollars for online" is just them ripping people off.

# 29 urlacher51 @ 08/18/10 06:28 PM
I hope they fix the cpu a.i. , cause the only moves the cpu does are light grapple and punches and kicks, and this also happens on the higher difficutly. Also more sliders then just the reversal sliders.

# 30 PVarck31 @ 08/18/10 06:45 PM
That looked awesome!! Loved the slowed down animations. Doesn't look like the twitch fest it used to be. My only real complaint is that I wish the tables didn't shatter.

# 31 jvalverde88 @ 08/18/10 06:51 PM
That is the single most violent video I saw, I thought this was WWE not FMW.

Anyways, I really liked what I saw, this game just got on my radar. Its not a must buy for me yet until I probably see more videos or even play the demo. But I definitely garnered interest towards this game.

# 32 GMG24 @ 08/18/10 07:36 PM
The Nexus And Daniel Bryan Have Been Confirmed For the SvR 2011 Game Yesterday

# 33 CM Hooe @ 08/18/10 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG24
Source?

Also, this preview sounds good.

# 34 rangerrick012 @ 08/18/10 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Source?

Also, this preview sounds good.
I've seen some other sites report this, but nothing solid from THQ. So I'm not getting my hopes up JUST yet.

# 35 lgxjames @ 08/18/10 11:17 PM
yea where is this thing coming from nexus isn't in? last i heard when asked by gamingring there was a "no comment" on it...so where is this coming from?

# 36 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/19/10 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMG24
Sorry bro. THQ nor IGN nor Gamingring has confirmed this yet. It's just all rumor right now. DLC has been confirmed for this year. So they might have a slight chance to make it in that way. But for now until it is confirmed. They are not in. But the best way to find out is wait until ign reveils the full roster next month to find out.

# 37 Assassin @ 08/19/10 06:33 AM
Loved the two vids that ign had up for this game I usually buy this game every year and I'm really looking forward to this one. Can't wait to see the full roster. I find it interesting that there doing the code thing like all the rest of the games for online play and first crack at DLC's.

# 38 Streets @ 08/19/10 10:34 AM
I thought They've had DLC for the past few years? Why is this big news?

If they do it where you can DL FREE roster updates like Madden and 2K, I'd be hyped. With wrestlers being much more elaborately detailed than any guy in a sports game, they don't have to do huge look/attire changes every week. However, consistent roster updates that reflect attribute changes as wrestles get pushed, who are in stables/alliances, who's face/heel, champions, and some small attire changes, could be a step in the right direction.

I know we can do it ourselves this year, but I always feel like I'm cheating editing everything myself as I'm biased. It'd be cool to see THQ release roster updates with the Miz getting more and more points as he gets better and creeps into the main event, where someone like MVP may be knocked down a few points as he is de-pushed.

# 39 The GIGGAS @ 08/19/10 10:52 AM
The WWE Universe thing makes me want to buy this game. That video with all of the tables breaking stuff was awesome, especially Sheamus' finisher leading to the broken tables. AWESOME.

# 40 The GIGGAS @ 08/19/10 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
First day purchase for me no matter what.

I am so pumped to finally be able to play as Sheamus, Drew McIntyre and Luke Gallows. It would also be beyond awesome if the Nexus and (especially) Daniel Bryan were in the game.
Agreed... although it would be amazing in Road to WrestleMania if there was a CAW story that involved Nexus and you merging to take down WWE or something. That would just be killer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.