Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight. Not really a lot of juice in this one, but there is a new screenshot, showing off MJ and his "tongue". View that screenshot, right here.

Quote:
"One thing to keep in mind here with this mode is that you will be with rookie Michael, who will only be rated a 79 to start out with. This leaves you with plenty of room to improve his overall rating as you guide him towards super-stardom. I can tell you that his physical skills and general athletic ability are through the roof, but you’re going to need to build his outside shot, his defensive prowess, and his unmatchable killer instinct in the clutch before you can take him to ‘best ever’ status. You can build up Michael’s rating by earning Skill Points and spending them on the attributes of your choice. These Skill Points are earned by in-game stats and accomplishing in-game goals set forth by the game.

The presentation for the mode is centered entirely around Michael. The entire menu system has been branded to feel Jordan-centric. The in-game presentation will speak a lot about Jordan’s rise to the NBA early and how he will fit into the team you have chosen for him. From there, they will call out important milestones for Michael and discuss how his season/career is progressing moving forward. I have seen some discussion about whether this replaces the popular My Player mode from 2K10. It absolutely does not, I will be speaking about My Player in the coming weeks in a Developer Insight."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 youvalss @ 08/20/10 02:44 PM
I hope they got the realod animations right...LOL.

# 102 youvalss @ 08/20/10 04:50 PM
From Ronnie2K:

Quote:
FYI, the next two #NBA2K11 Dev Insights (in no particular order) are slated as Passing and Shot Stick Insights.

# 103 Jakeness23 @ 08/20/10 09:37 PM
is there any truth to there being an accessory insight coming out soon?

# 104 youvalss @ 08/20/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
is there any truth to there being an accessory insight coming out soon?
I remember reading something about it. But by now, I don't remember if it was an official post or just a rummor.

# 105 Jakeness23 @ 08/21/10 02:03 PM
okay, thanks.. i was just kinda hoping that they'd announce fixing some of the bugs like with the calf sleeves or new things like not having sleeves go all the way down the wrist cause a lot of guys wear the wrist bands... guess i can still hope for those little things

# 106 youvalss @ 08/21/10 02:10 PM
Yeah, I'm really curious to know if they fixed it. Maybe having the signature MJ sleeve means that they did, but no one is saying anything for now. I guess for me, the calf sleeve is as important as LBJ's headband logo important for others...

# 107 Bornindamecca @ 08/22/10 02:45 PM
MJ:Creating A Legend mode should be unlocked from the start. Sounds like a great, great game mode. Don't think it benefits anyone to use the MJ Challenges as gatekeeper to this mode. Unlockables should remain superficial in scope. For people who really want to get to this mode, the experience of the challenges will likely be cheapened. Especially when they are done with the first five, the novelty is worn off and they just want to get it over with to unlock the other mode.

It'll really just lead to people trying to cheese/break the challenges rather than enjoy it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.