NBA Elite 11 News Post

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TUSS11 @ 08/17/10 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wai2408
live's TEAm have never made the player move/act like human in every year~Everybody is flying and skiing~so funny~ only fool would support this stupid game ~~
Only a fool would write a game off before trying out the demo.

# 42 Da-Man @ 08/17/10 10:29 PM
The video won't load.. can someone please upload to youtube?

# 43 mario_2324 @ 08/17/10 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Only a fool would write a game off before trying out the demo.
lol well maybe he doesnt know much about the game....he should just wait till the demo

# 44 The 24th Letter @ 08/17/10 11:08 PM
Glad you can attempt a steal on command again...that was just inexcusable last year......you had to phone in your swats ahead of time and get them approved by the coach first in Live 10, lol....

Cant wait to actually get my hands on the game...

# 45 rEAnimator @ 08/17/10 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
Great you can do self-alley oops, but how much variation of the self-alley oop is there? Most of the time you see guys toss it from the free throw line so they have time to get to the basket. Is there a pre-determined location where only there one can be done?

Also, 2:03 you see the ball bounce awkwardly. This was an issue in Live 10, bounce physics were just way off. Normally that trajectory would make the ball spin upwards, but in Live 10 you had only 3 spots the ball would ever bounce from with the same distance and arc. Very frustrating.
I'm on vacation right now but I saw this question and really wanted to answer since I worked on this particular feature.

You can do the self alley oop anywhere from just before the free throw line to just under the dotted circle.

There is a fairly large set of animations to cover that distance and several styles of finishes.

I've also greatly improved the pass physics from what you saw in this video.

I added topspin to the pass so the ball could kick up off the backboard a bit. It makes it much more realistic and makes it so the pass doesn't have to be as high off the backboard as what you see in this video.

# 46 Bwnarrow3 @ 08/17/10 11:40 PM
EA definitely has the right idea this year. I'm just hoping it comes out to perfection. I saw some good and bad.

Lol @ KD buttoning the top button on his shirt. I love him.

# 47 pdawg17 @ 08/17/10 11:57 PM
To me this year it comes down to this:

Either play a "polished" game that includes some historical moments OR

Play a game that is trying to be "inivative" and unique but will probably have some kinks to work out...

Some people prefer the game that they already know how to play while others are tired of the same thing and want something different...

# 48 noshun @ 08/18/10 12:00 AM
The video was okay, but how many times do i need to hear about physics?

# 49 gamerkid421 @ 08/18/10 12:02 AM
Man this early stuff has me excited for both games! i think this year should be a close battle although 2k should probably win. their game seems so much deeper with the jordan mode.

# 50 dannyr326 @ 08/18/10 12:04 AM
Only the DEMO will let me know for sure.

# 51 stizz @ 08/18/10 12:05 AM
Ugh, small nitpick but O'Neal has red shoes in that pic. They need to have a system like 2k where the players shoe colour gets changed automatically once they get traded.

# 52 pdawg17 @ 08/18/10 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
The video was okay, but how many times do i need to hear about physics?
Based upon your sig what else would I expect you to say? I guess at least you said it was "okay"...it appears your mind is made up already and the demo hasn't even dropped yet...

# 53 ehh @ 08/18/10 12:45 AM
Tough to tell much from this video. We keep hearing how we have to 'feel' the game to notice the difference and how great it is, which we obviously can't do by watching a video.

The animations don't look like they improved a ton from '10 which is kinda disappointing, though they were still going to trail the other game in that department regardless.

The Gooden oop has me a little concerned, lookin' like Shaq in his prime out there. I was hoping those would be toned down after last year.

# 54 neegotiator @ 08/18/10 12:48 AM
ball seemed to take a slightly funky bounce off the rim, but otherwise looking forward to trying out the demo.

# 55 ParisB @ 08/18/10 01:27 AM
Gotta love the haters, yea yea we get it, you don't like anything about this game...you can sit there and tear every video apart while we play and have fun.

# 56 Jonesy @ 08/18/10 01:58 AM
For those having trouble seeing the vid as I was:

# 57 aloncho11 @ 08/18/10 02:24 AM
Have to play the game before judging. I need to feel the new collision system and physics t tell if it's good or bad.

# 58 smithdynasty @ 08/18/10 04:14 AM
Not feelin this game

# 59 staffan @ 08/18/10 05:14 AM
I am one of those who did enjoy Live10.
But I stopped playing after a game where I was able to pass the ball through an opponents belly.
The RTF will only be successful if the collision detection is equivalent.
Will it?

# 60 idrisguitar @ 08/18/10 05:17 AM
RTF?

RTP*......will incorporate proper hit detection.

i believe that what they focused on in this video? did you miss that

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.