Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Via @Ronnie2K

Quote:
"The Gamescon demo is set as default gamestyle. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Pared @ 08/18/10 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The video is a horrible example of the gameplay in 2k11.
These videos always are.

I figured we were overdue for a video coupled with "the sky is falling" comments in a thread.

# 102 Goffs @ 08/18/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
These videos always are.

I figured we were overdue for a video coupled with "the sky is falling" comments in a thread.
dont forget the trolls...

# 103 youvalss @ 08/18/10 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I wouldn't panic about the spacing Like pared said its the camera angle.
I found 2k11 to have the best spacing of the whole 2k series.

The video is a horrible example of the gameplay in 2k11.
As always, your posts give me hope.

# 104 youvalss @ 08/18/10 02:28 PM
Guys, remember not to dunk while what's-her-name is talking. If you do, you'll never be able to hear what she has to say.

# 105 TheWorldIsYours @ 08/18/10 02:28 PM
Even in that video I can see improvements to the court spacing. Never before in 2k has three point shooters had so much space on the baseline. I agree in the video the distance from end to end looks small but The spacing around the 3point line is excellent.

# 106 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Is the distance of the baseline 3s right either? Cuz it's ALWAYS been difficult for me to get a player to stand there without fear of stepping out of bounds...or is that just from that camera view?
No that is not correct either.

Watch from around the 6:16 mark. Look at the spacing of the corner 3's. 2 NBA players can put both feet behind the line without having a foot out of bounds.

And we all know NBA players have big feet.

# 107 NELL86 @ 08/18/10 02:30 PM
to be honest after 2k10 im really not that impressed they are going to have to do alot wit the demo to sell me i usually by both every year things might change.

# 108 23 @ 08/18/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
These videos always are.

Darnit

I was just about to make one

# 109 Goffs @ 08/18/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Its a visual representation of a double team from what I've gathered.
hmm i hated how double team is handled in this game...i want that to be separate animations instead of a 3 man locked animation...

# 110 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/18/10 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago

Pause it at 3:28 Look at the length/distance between the 3-point line and the halfcourt line. Now compare it to 2K11 demo video. It's quite obvious.
Compare that to :22 of the 2k11 vid. I dont think its that far off. Matter of fact if I measure it by body lengths its pretty accurate.

# 111 PuntNL @ 08/18/10 02:32 PM
And ronnie just posted on his twitter that this was on default gameSTYLE and not gameSIM for the people confused. So this is NOT the simulation gamestyle!

# 112 ehh @ 08/18/10 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Pause it at 3:28 Look at the length/distance between the 3-point line and the halfcourt line. Now compare it to 2K11 demo video. It's quite obvious.
And pause it right after the tip off as well when Rondo is at the right side of the jump-ball circle and Rose at the left side. Look at how small they look compared to the 2K11 vid. The court is too short and the players are much too big. Kidd in 2K11 is bigger than Big Baby IRL.

Combined that with the hyper-close out/recovery speed that's been in 2K forever and it's going to be another meh year for half-court execution in 2K apparently. I don't want to nit-pick but this is the ONE huge thing in 2K that has always bothered the hell out of me and it's never been corrected. If they ever got this right I swear I'd never stop playing 2K.

# 113 23 @ 08/18/10 02:35 PM
I think you guys should wait for an official video first

# 114 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/18/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorldIsYours
Thats because you dont take the time to read the developer insight. Let’s start first and foremost with onball defense

This is from one of their insights.

It's funny that it seems like none of you guys take the time to read anything. Either that or you dont know how to read, seeing as most of yall are reminding me of 3rd graders anyway.

If you cant read the quoted part and understand what is trying to be said, I guess their's no hope for you.

Gameplay videos are a lot more informative than what devlopers write.

# 115 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
And pause it right after the tip off as well when Rondo is at the right side of the jump-ball circle and Rose at the left side. Look at how small they look compared to the 2K11 vid. The court is too short and the players are much too big. Kidd in 2K11 is bigger than Big Baby IRL.

Combined that with the hyper-close out/recovery speed that's been in 2K forever and it's going to be another meh year for half-court execution in 2K apparently. I don't want to nit-pick but this is the ONE huge thing in 2K that has always bothered the hell out of me and it's never been corrected. If they ever got this right I swear I'd never stop playing 2K.

Please man make a thread on this. With these exact same pics/words. Or should I do it?

# 116 coolcras7 @ 08/18/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

That is not really a good comparison with all the video out there could you not find one of a Dallas game there court Logo could be alot bigger than Boston.

# 117 spankdatazz22 @ 08/18/10 02:36 PM
Only a 2min video so needs to be taken into context (and of course won't be by some here). Still a lot to like:

+ Presentation looks like it'll be crazy. Love the crowds/peripheral action occurring
+ Love the vibrant/rich colors; can't wait to see the Jordan-era teams
+ Animations seem to flow/interact better
- Didn't look at the court spacing vid, and may not have noticed it if it weren't pointed out. But would like to have that problem resolved once and for all if it's really an issue

Overall really liked what I saw; game is shaping up to be an all-timer

# 118 youvalss @ 08/18/10 02:37 PM
From Ronnie2K:

Quote:
BTW when I said "gamesim" earlier, I obviously meant gamestyle.
So it should confirm that it's on casual, right?

# 119 Goffs @ 08/18/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think you guys should wait for an official video first
official video? theres one coming out?

# 120 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
That is not really a good comparison with all the video out there could you not find one of a Dallas game there court Logo could be alot bigger than Boston.
If you zoom in the Boston pic to that of the Mavs, the length/distance between the halfcourt-3pointer will look even more wide.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.