Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Via @Ronnie2K

Quote:
"The Gamescon demo is set as default gamestyle. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NDIrish98 @ 08/18/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
That is not really a good comparison with all the video out there could you not find one of a Dallas game there court Logo could be alot bigger than Boston.
then just take a look at the player size relative to the space in between the 3 pt line and the half court line, makes it a little more obvious it's WAAAY off.

# 122 Pared @ 08/18/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
That is not really a good comparison with all the video out there could you not find one of a Dallas game there court Logo could be alot bigger than Boston.
Thank the freakin' heavens someone said it.

The angle is different as well.

But what would a sports game release be without a little drama?

# 123 mvb34 @ 08/18/10 02:40 PM
Who's the big, number 33 for Dallas and why was he able to stay with D-Wade and cause a turnover?

# 124 apManila24 @ 08/18/10 02:41 PM
Good vid, but i will nitpick. I want a perfect basketball sim. 1. Floor spacing seems to be worse. 2. Too many dunks. Hopefully it wasnt set to simulation gametyle. 3. Some of the animations looks weird. One of J-Kidds passes looked weird and it seemed that his arm went through a Heat player. Also when Marion dunked Lebrons block attempt looked weird. 4. Marions cross court pass to Haywood shouldve been intercepted by Joel Anthony. Maybe this is due to the gamestyle also. Hopefully these problems can be fixed prior to game release.

# 125 NINJAK2 @ 08/18/10 02:41 PM
Quote:
Also, imo that 2k camera is zoomed in a heck of a lot more than that celtics cam to be honest.

# 126 ehh @ 08/18/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Thank the freakin' heavens someone said it.

The circle is regulation size and consistent, it's a rule. The eight players not involved in the jumpball are not going to be further away from the tip on some courts than others.

# 127 aga11ah @ 08/18/10 02:42 PM
oh great.. every video that comes out the first excuse will be "but.. but.. it was on casual"

anyways... game looks amazing. this game would be perfect if 2k knew how to fix this court spacing issue. Live 10's court spacing with everything else 2k would be so good. I don't see how it's so hard for them to make the court bigger but whatever...

when the Heat turned it over I was sayin in my head "nooooo!!" cuz I wanted to see the new looked Heat more than the same ol Mavs. smh.. and a jumper would've been nice.

# 128 JulianGER @ 08/18/10 02:42 PM
looks exactly like 2k10

# 129 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/18/10 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
And pause it right after the tip off as well when Rondo is at the right side of the jump-ball circle and Rose at the left side. Look at how small they look compared to the 2K11 vid. The court is too short and the players are much too big. Kidd in 2K11 is bigger than Big Baby IRL.

Combined that with the hyper-close out/recovery speed that's been in 2K forever and it's going to be another meh year for half-court execution in 2K apparently. I don't want to nit-pick but this is the ONE huge thing in 2K that has always bothered the hell out of me and it's never been corrected. If they ever got this right I swear I'd never stop playing 2K.

You cant make a comparison because the camera is a lot closer in 2k11. At best you can measure with body lengths. When I do that its pretty accurate. Kidd is and Rondo are both proportioned to the center court logo.

# 130 Epiffani @ 08/18/10 02:43 PM
HA, the tradition of linked crappy quality gameplay video from parts foreign continues to be our first look at unedited footage. I don't know what difficulty this is on, or how "gamestyle" is suppose to correlate with it, but I'm not feeling those dunks in the paint. Chalk it up as 2K10 leaving a bad taste in my mouth in this regard hence why I'm having a bit of a flashback.

# 131 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/18/10 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I really hope it's the "Casual" (arcade?) game mode.
Yea that's the arcade mode thankfully because it definitely looked like cheese. Can't wait to see how it runs at sim.

# 132 Pared @ 08/18/10 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The circle is regulation size and consistent, it's a rule. The eight players not involved in the jumpball are not going to be further away from the tip on some courts than others.
Visually they will appear to be because of the camera zoom/angle and size of center court logo.

The circle is regulation but the logo on it doesn't have to be.

# 133 ehh @ 08/18/10 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oOausarOo
I've always thought 2k needed to work on court spacing, but it's not the dimensions so much that concerned me. It's the speed.

Players can cover way too much ground too quickly and jumpshots are way too easy to block, especially off the dribble fadeaways which should very rarely ever get blocked.

The corner 3 was most definitely an issue in 2k10 also because of poor AI and no space.
C/S. The dimensions won't bother me at all if they fix the recovery problems.

# 134 Goffs @ 08/18/10 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
C/S. The dimensions won't bother me at all if they fix the recovery problems.
DaWolf says that theres more weight to the players...maybe this will fix the recovery issues..

# 135 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/18/10 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canquain
I love how the games like 48 Days away from coming out and we see one gameplay clip and now its like "Oh court size is all wrong, spacing is worst." Stop complaining the game isnt even finish yet....
48 days out so more than likely what we're seeing now is what we're going to get come October.

# 136 ehh @ 08/18/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

The circle is regulation but the logo on it doesn't have to be.
Right, but in both of these instances it is. There's no circle inside the Dallas logo meaning it is the size of the jumpball circle. There would have to be lines differentiating it from the logo if the logo was not the regulation size of the jumpball circle.

# 137 Pared @ 08/18/10 02:49 PM
I will agree with the recovery on defense, however, the faster jumpshots will help alleviate this somewhat. You'll see.

# 138 aloncho11 @ 08/18/10 02:49 PM
Same here.

# 139 J-Clutch1 @ 08/18/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
DaWolf says that theres more weight to the players...maybe this will fix the recovery issues..
He's playing the same demo, and has also said that he isn't very impressed with the spacing as well.

# 140 Jano @ 08/18/10 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
hmm i hated how double team is handled in this game...i want that to be separate animations instead of a 3 man locked animation...
Same here and it seems like that may be a reality because I was looking at the bubble and the X's seemed to be moving.

So that locked animation may finally be gone which may indicate the X's are just a visual for the player to see how the defense is going to double the ball handler.

Which is actually pretty good idea if thats the case..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.