Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Via @Ronnie2K

Quote:
"The Gamescon demo is set as default gamestyle. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 videlsports @ 08/18/10 02:50 PM
looks nice, I hope the spacing is even more realistic, I hate unrealistic close outs on Jumpers and drives

# 142 Pared @ 08/18/10 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Right, but in both of these instances it is. There's no circle inside the Dallas logo meaning it is the size of the jumpball circle. There would have to be lines differentiating it from the logo if the logo was not the regulation size of the jumpball circle.

There are no lines showing this in the retail version of the game. If anything then, the logo is too big.

But again, it's a visual trick. The courts are modeled to scale.

# 143 easondew @ 08/18/10 02:55 PM
Game looks Great! so far but one thing that stood out for me was when the lady was in the middle of giving her presentation she was interrupted by the anouncers yelling WOHHHHHHH!!!!! after Heywood dunks which is fine but when they are done she then should be able to continue with what she is there to report or not be able to interrupt her until she is finnished.

# 144 coolcras7 @ 08/18/10 02:55 PM
As someone already said you can only judge the court spacing when the user in on offense and it look fine then, but when he is on defense the AI keeps having to adjust to make up for his inability

# 145 COACH WEBB @ 08/18/10 02:55 PM
Looks good...the crowd looks so realistic. I may have to get my hands on both of these NBA games this year. Although my last 2k game was 08.

# 146 Kaanyr Vhok @ 08/18/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Yea that's the arcade mode thankfully because it definitely looked like cheese. Can't wait to see how it runs at sim.
It was said that it was running default/sim which sounds weird because I thought the default was normal/pro

# 147 ehh @ 08/18/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

There are no lines showing this in the retail version of the game. If anything then, the logo is too big.

But again, it's a visual trick. The courts are modeled to scale.
Well the bottom pic does have the gray/white lines inside the logo. Is that the PC version? If that's the case then it's fine and the logo is in fact bigger. Just can't see it on the 2K11 court.

# 148 Lakers 24 7 @ 08/18/10 03:02 PM
If you've seen an NBA game in person you'll be shocked as to how small the court looks. When I went to my first game the first thing me and my cousin commented on was how small and crowded the court really is.

# 149 DaReapa @ 08/18/10 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorldIsYours
Thats because you dont take the time to read the developer insight. Let’s start first and foremost with onball defense

This is from one of their insights.

It's funny that it seems like none of you guys take the time to read anything. Either that or you dont know how to read, seeing as most of yall are reminding me of 3rd graders anyway.

If you cant read the quoted part and understand what is trying to be said, I guess their's no hope for you.
FYI, I have read every developer’s insight for the game (as hinted by me mentioning about 2K's promoting of the game) - particularly the one regarding defense. As I’ve stated, they have said little about defense in comparison to all other features within the game – basically no more that what was mention in that article. Which is all the more reason why it worries me about the lack of defense judging by what's presented in this physical demo, regardless of what's written in the developer's insights. If YOU prefer to look at the game with a blind eye through rose colored glasses, then so be it. This is MY opinion based off of what I’ve witness in the video clip - not off some off-branded insights that may or may not actually be concurrent with the final product. And being a fan of the series and seeing how the last two games have turned out, I have every right to that.

Anyway, back OT - judging by Ronnie’s twitter post, unfortunately, this is not casual mode.

# 150 Nokstar @ 08/18/10 03:05 PM
disapointed...only improvement i see is maaybe dunks and animations...everything else pretty much looks the same to me.

Its just one short vid tho...i want to be able to see better controll visually...still seems like some canimations keep you from controlling at some points....i dont know man.

We'll see.

# 151 Pared @ 08/18/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Well the bottom pic does have the gray/white lines inside the logo. Is that the PC version? If that's the case then it's fine and the logo is in fact bigger. Just can't see it on the 2K11 court.
Yes, PC.

It's not the court sizes. They shrunk the player sizes last year and that helped immensely.

It's the control that limits the feeling of spacing. Moves cover too much ground and the clunky control didn't help.

It should be much better this year, especially the plays. A lot of work was put into them.

Many of the camera angle have different levels of depth, that's why when you play from the nosebleed angle things look like they are sized very well. It's this level of depth that really screws up the perceived sizing of the courts.

It's not people are wrong... they "look" off, but the camera angle plays a big part of it.

# 152 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Pared, the bottom pic is 2K9. And we all know 2K9 had very bad court spacing/player size.

For 2K10 they scaled it much better:

Quote:
We got a ton of feedback about players being scaled inaccurately last year. Well, we made it a priority to have the players be better scaled to the court. You will notice that they seem more life-size compared to their surroundings and each other. This has improved the look of the gameplay, since now game reactions are more realistic.
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...id=991609&l=11

# 153 Pared @ 08/18/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Anyway, back OT - judging by Ronnie’s twitter post, unfortunately, this is not casual mode.
The video, according to him, is NOT on sim mode:
Quote:
The Gamescon demo is set as default gamesim. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level.

BTW when I said "gamesim" earlier, I obviously meant gamestyle.
Bears, I'm using it as an example of depth perception. Actually that is 2k10 PC.

# 154 NINJAK2 @ 08/18/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
If you've seen an NBA game in person you'll be shocked as to how small the court looks. When I went to my first game the first thing me and my cousin commented on was how small and crowded the court really is.
Co-sign. I know Phil Jax has been wanting the league to expand the dimensions of the court for years since players are getting bigger and bigger.

# 155 basehead617 @ 08/18/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Pause it at 3:28 Look at the length/distance between the 3-point line and the halfcourt line. Now compare it to 2K11 demo video. It's quite obvious.
Uh, you know broadcast camera dimensions are squished right? ever been to an ACTUAL game?

# 156 ehh @ 08/18/10 03:10 PM
Quote:
Which is why recovery/closeouts is the bigger issue. We didn't see a J in the vid in this thread so there's still hope.

# 157 DaReapa @ 08/18/10 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
The video, according to him, is NOT on sim mode:

Bears, I'm using it as an example of depth perception. Actually that is 2k10 PC.
Thanks, Pared. That's a little more refreshing to hear.

# 158 ataman5 @ 08/18/10 03:12 PM
This doesn't look good.

- Passes, still same odd ones i hate the passes in this game.
- Dribbling, a bit better but still, something wrong with it.
- Haywood's running through and dunking, no way realistic, and i'm sure we'll see lots are capable of doing this.
- Cuts to the basket and here we go, no defense whatsoever, where is interior d?
- Bad bad bad court spacing, all players get together in corners to chit chat i guess, where is team specific playcalls.
- This game plays odd overall in order to trigger canned animations that tries to make you wow, but you don't do these wows on your own, all triggered by you pressing buttons.

That may play different with a guy playing the game as it should but, the game don't force you that way, instead it leads you easy dunk fest.
And still you see them working on the same engine to tweak what's already broken..

# 159 TheWorldIsYours @ 08/18/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
FYI, I have read every developer’s insight for the game (as hinted by me mentioning about 2K's promoting of the game) - particularly the one regarding defense. As I’ve stated, they have said little about defense in comparison to all other features within the game – basically no more that what was mention in that article. Which is all the more reason why it worries me about the lack of defense judging by what's presented in this physical demo, regardless of what's written in the developer's insights. If YOU prefer to look at the game with a blind eye through rose colored glasses, then so be it. This is MY opinion based off of what I’ve witness in the video clip - not off some off-branded insights that may or may not actually be concurrent with the final product. And being a fan of the series and seeing how the last two games have turned out, I have every right to that.

So if you think that they have said nothing about defense, then you must think that they havent said much about offense, foot-planting, dribbling, etc. The only thing they have been talking about is the Jordan Challange. They have mention the improvements to offense and defense in the same way.

Just because other websites who don't talk about defense as much as you'd like dosent mean you need to blame 2k for this.

Quote:
The Gamescon demo is set as default gamesim. I have been trying to capture some footage for you all the past couple days at sim level.
That is the quote from Ronnie's twitter. Now he does not say if it's casual mode or not but by reading that statement it rules out it being SIMULATION mode either.

Im not being biased at all, They have talked about defense like I said. The trailer's are obviously showcasing offense right now, which IS THE SELLING POINT to their type of gamer. And at the same time MOMENTOUS did the trailer, and he knows how much us die hard fans care about Defense.

It's more like your looking at the game as if you have funded millions of dollars into 2ksports and deserve to have every improvement you want to see in VIDEO for yourself. Sorry buddy business does not work this way.

# 160 bearschicago @ 08/18/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
Uh, you know broadcast camera dimensions are squished right? ever been to an ACTUAL game?
Yes sir. I've been to at least 5. I even saw MJ play against the Nets in his final season as a Bull. 97-98. Randy Brown had a monster tip-slam at the buzzer to win the game.

Unfortunately Scottie Pippen was injured. But I saw him play later as a member of the Rockets.

I actually still have pics of that game lying around. Maybe I should look at the court spacing/player size?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.