Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

For those that haven't been following the big thread. DaWolf has captured some more NBA 2K11 demo videos, from his trip to GamesCom. You can visit his site, right here.

Here are a few other ones that have been found.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 domidomdomz @ 08/21/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffi Ramone
In 2k10 you can also do step-back after step-back.
Oh really, I haven't tried it because it's not logical. Hehe. Thanks for correcting me. Gonna try that later.

# 142 adwen @ 08/21/10 11:59 AM
the plays were broken but that was because there was an why they open man during that play that's why they cut it off

# 143 aloncho11 @ 08/21/10 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffi Ramone
In 2k10 you can also do step-back after step-back.
In 2K10 the CPU was also allowed to double-dribble in the backcourt :S

# 144 Boge @ 08/21/10 04:02 PM
I can tell just from those videos (and the crappy player) that the controls are not improved upon. The canned colision animations are still there, and the auto defensive crouch is still there.

This isn't good. Guess I'll have to skip over to EA sports this year.

# 145 Goffs @ 08/21/10 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge
I can tell just from those videos (and the crappy player) that the controls are not improved upon. The canned colision animations are still there, and the auto defensive crouch is still there.

we know this is bull since you will be crying about the pc version not getting patched in time once the game comes out....

not to mention that DaWolf, Da Czar and Da Beluba all said that the controls are pretty much top notch this year...youre like the worst troll the one that just shows up not research and just look at a crappy vid and judge right off the bat...

# 146 Boge @ 08/22/10 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
not to mention that DaWolf, Da Czar and Da Beluba all said that the controls are pretty much top notch this year...
Oh, so their opinions mean it will be good for everyone? A ton of people love 2K10 more than the others, but that doesn't mean it was worth my time.

# 147 The 24th Letter @ 08/22/10 06:32 PM
Whether you actually enjoy the videos or not, if you dont believe the controls have been improved after watching these vids, you didnt plan on believing it from the outset....

# 148 KyotoCarl @ 08/22/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Oh, so their opinions mean it will be good for everyone? A ton of people love 2K10 more than the others, but that doesn't mean it was worth my time.
I agree with mrnoobie.
Besides, you can clearly see that animations are alot smoother this year compared to 2K10.

# 149 HotSauce2k3 @ 08/22/10 07:06 PM
Quote:

Man, you're good. Being able to tell how a game controls without ever having, oh I don't know, played it.

# 150 youvalss @ 08/22/10 07:09 PM
Quote:

Quick! What am I thinking about?

Meatballs! Right! How did you do that?!

# 151 Goffs @ 08/22/10 07:12 PM
Just watch fellas he will be back crying about how 2k11 wasn't patched in time for the pc and how 2k MADE him waste 30 bucks...same as last year lol

# 152 domidomdomz @ 08/22/10 07:38 PM
Quote:
Just watch fellas he will be back crying about how 2k11 wasn't patched in time for the pc and how 2k MADE him waste 30 bucks...same as last year lol
Haha, that guy Boge is a very bright guy, he can simulate the controls in his mind by just watching 2K11 demos captured on hand-held cameras. Bravo!

Regarding the PC version issue, yeah, it was a little bit unfortunate for us to have our patched version released by April as far as my memory serves. That's the end of the regular season. The online for us was literally dead for months and all what we can do is wait and contact Ronnie2K endlessly in Twitter. Hehe.

Sorry, I know this is not a 2k11 PC thread so that's enough. Let's just wish that bugs will be minimal for all the consoles especially on the online and gameplay part so all of us won't be demanding for a patch sooner than later.

# 153 Goffs @ 08/22/10 07:48 PM
That was unfortunate but it never really bugged me since I had the 360 version so during those months the pc version was just being modded heavy

# 154 domidomdomz @ 08/22/10 07:56 PM
Haha I know right. That's why until now, we're still enjoying the online leagues. Oh well.

# 155 Boge @ 08/23/10 05:27 PM
Quote:
I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I didn't waste $30 on 2K10, I wasted $20, and I didn't complain about it either.

As for knowing how it will play before playing it...I've been playing games probably since before most of you were born, so I can see already some of the flaws in the game FOR ME. Please understand that. I don't play these b-ball games quite like the rest of you. That defensive crouch issue was a killer for me last year and it APPEARS to be there still. That would mean it's a killer for me for 2K11 as well.

I say it's a shame because I really look forward to playing a b-ball game each year and when neither game lives up to what it could have or should have, then I have to wait another year and hope.

So please don't call me a troll. I don't mean to troll on any of my posts. I'm just expressing the disappointment in what I saw in the videos. I'm not an EA fan trying to bum out any 2K fans. I just go to which game plays better for me. I was disappointed in 2K10 and I'm just hoping I don't have to go another year without a good b-ball game.

So the only thing I'll be back here to complain about this year...not really complain, but I'll just say,"I told you so." If not, it's probably because I'm completely wrong and I'm too busy playing the game. We'll see.

# 156 Vast @ 08/23/10 05:45 PM
Quote:
I think you have me mixed up with someone else. I didn't waste $30 on 2K10, I wasted $20, and I didn't complain about it either.

As for knowing how it will play before playing it...I've been playing games probably since before most of you were born, so I can see already some of the flaws in the game FOR ME. Please understand that. I don't play these b-ball games quite like the rest of you. That defensive crouch issue was a killer for me last year and it APPEARS to be there still. That would mean it's a killer for me for 2K11 as well.

I say it's a shame because I really look forward to playing a b-ball game each year and when neither game lives up to what it could have or should have, then I have to wait another year and hope.

So please don't call me a troll. I don't mean to troll on any of my posts. I'm just expressing the disappointment in what I saw in the videos. I'm not an EA fan trying to bum out any 2K fans. I just go to which game plays better for me. I was disappointed in 2K10 and I'm just hoping I don't have to go another year without a good b-ball game.

So the only thing I'll be back here to complain about this year...not really complain, but I'll just say,"I told you so." If not, it's probably because I'm completely wrong and I'm too busy playing the game. We'll see.
1:1 controls bro. Hopefully you left ur schedule open in early october.

# 157 youvalss @ 08/23/10 06:18 PM
The way I see it, 1:1 controls means flicking the stick light speed fast, that even And1 players can only dream of such crossovers. I really hope no 1:1 controls. I want the controls to be resposive and accurate, but no 1:1 stuff. Please, 2K, don't fall into this trap.

# 158 convince @ 08/23/10 06:58 PM
Quote:

"I told you so?" Yeah that sounds pretty mature. But seriously, if a so-called "defensive crouch" is a game killer for you, maybe you should just go see what the other developer has to offer instead of complaining that 2k11 wont be first ever "flawless' developed game.

The game looks great to me and the improvement is very apparent. Especially when it come to A.I.

# 159 Boge @ 08/23/10 07:44 PM
Auto defensive crouch is what I said. Anything auto in the player movement is a bad thing.

# 160 aloncho11 @ 08/23/10 09:28 PM
^ Agree. We need total freedom.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.