Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

GTPlanet has posted a ton of Gran Turismo 5 screenshots. If the gameplay can match the visuals... WOW!

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RumbleCard @ 08/20/10 09:23 AM
Didn't realize NASCAR was in GT. Is just one or two races or are we talking about a full circuit?

# 2 Perfect Zero @ 08/20/10 09:35 AM
From what I understand, they have both Daytona and Indianapolis and sixteen different NASCAR cars. I hear that they are trying to get more cars, but that's a rumor at this point. You can race any NASCAR auto on any track though (New York City, Nuerburgring, etc...)

# 3 kbomb1upc @ 08/20/10 10:37 AM
WOW, or maybe we need to create a new word to describe GT graphics...

# 4 ODogg @ 08/20/10 10:50 AM
Oh yeah I loved thinking about this game and I saw this thread and got excited, then I remembered "Isn't this the game that will never come out?"

# 5 stocksy @ 08/20/10 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
From what I understand, they have both Daytona and Indianapolis and sixteen different NASCAR cars. I hear that they are trying to get more cars, but that's a rumor at this point. You can race any NASCAR auto on any track though (New York City, Nuerburgring, etc...)
Is that 16 different Nascar themed cars.. (as in different paint jobs) or 16 different current and retro Nascar car types with multiple paint jobs for each? If the first it seems a waste of the Nascar License. If the later wow!! Im guessing the first as I have seen nothing but screenshots containing a handful of current(ish) Nascar paint schemes.

Guessing No trucks/nationwide?

I didnt expect there to be everything in it a normal nascar game would have but 2 tracks and 16 paint jobs is way way less than I expected.

Nascar 09 will have to keep me going for a while longer I guess.

Ill still get this game but no way you can make a season of nascar stuff out of that even with the track editor.

# 6 J-Clutch1 @ 08/20/10 11:03 AM
Looks great,

any offline splitscreen?

# 7 dannyr326 @ 08/20/10 11:58 AM
Yeah, how could they make this great game, and not even allow offline splitscreen? Does anybody know if they have it?

# 8 Dazraz @ 08/20/10 12:26 PM
The graphics show just what an awesome machine the PS3 is. This game is worth buying just for the visuals alone.

# 9 King10Sooted @ 08/20/10 01:20 PM
I am not really that impressed with NASCAR being in the game. They needed to do it right to make it work and it doesnt seem like they did. What makes NASCAR so cool is that there is 43 cars on the track and once and that they race a long season. Racing a NASCAR race with only 16 cars really doesnt make much sense to me. I will probably hardly ever race them. Maybe others will enjoy them though.

# 10 ODogg @ 08/20/10 03:06 PM
I'm not a Nascar fan but I like racing and I think the Nascar thing is a nice bonus. 16 cars is enough for me.

# 11 Whitesox @ 08/20/10 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Oh yeah I loved thinking about this game and I saw this thread and got excited, then I remembered "Isn't this the game that will never come out?"
How obligatory.

Visuals look amazing, can't wait for more.

# 12 ODogg @ 08/20/10 03:49 PM
Yeah i forgot it did get a release date, i hope it sticks to it this time.

# 13 Earl1963 @ 08/20/10 08:34 PM
No doubt these will be the best graphics ever on a console. Better than the latest and greatest PC graphics tho?

# 14 countryboy @ 08/20/10 10:11 PM
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

# 15 eddiing @ 08/21/10 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
No doubt these will be the best graphics ever on a console. Better than the latest and greatest PC graphics tho?
Latest and greatest video card "alone" can cost you $1000+, and what's the rest of the hardware gonna cost? apples and oranges here...

# 16 J-Clutch1 @ 08/21/10 09:49 AM
Do you guys use the cockpit view and are you disappointed that close to 800 don't have it?

# 17 rspencer86 @ 08/21/10 11:19 AM
Holy crap.

Those screens are incredible. It's going to be hard to concentrate on racing... I'll just be staring at the graphics the whole time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.