NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jr2424 @ 08/20/10 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I like those animations where a player receiving a tough pass sort of has to turn around and gather the ball before continuing forward, perhaps bobbling it along the way.
And this is also GREAT. Loved watching players spinning to gather bad passes. Great addition.

# 22 aholbert32 @ 08/20/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
One thing I've wanted since 2K2-2K3 is player introductions. Why is this is so difficult to do? Both Live and 2K had this last generation and haven't had it this generation. The closest we get is the screen shot of all five players. That's solid but I think it would add a lot more by adding introductions.
Because focus groups show that its a waste of resources. Most people skip those things (I dont) and its a waste of time to have people work on something that isnt used much.

Also 2k's presentation is TV like and with the exception of the finals you never see starting lineups announced.

# 23 BaselineBakes @ 08/20/10 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Also 2k's presentation is TV like and with the exception of the finals you never see starting lineups announced.
Is there hope that they will have something like that for the finals?

# 24 youvalss @ 08/20/10 01:52 PM
I just loved the foul on butler (8:08). Finally some physicality!

And nice touch-pass by the Heat (8:34).

# 25 Altimus @ 08/20/10 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Because focus groups show that its a waste of resources. Most people skip those things (I dont) and its a waste of time to have people work on something that isnt used much.

I have no doubt but still, I loved that feature.

Resource wise I don't think it would be that much work since it's just a quick cut scene with no gameplay.

# 26 neptuneniq @ 08/20/10 02:02 PM
Why does 2k still have the crossed arms animation? Whoever added that last year never watched ball games. No one does that, only during timeouts. Hopefully they take it
Out

# 27 scatman @ 08/20/10 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Joseph2000
WTF !!! Did they just get off a. Bus !!
YES. THEY. DID.

# 28 Jano @ 08/20/10 02:09 PM
Loved how the user was getting punished for not finding solid passing angles. This means that the passing controls are going to be very useful this year because regular passes isn't going to cut it all the time.

# 29 youvalss @ 08/20/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
Why does 2k still have the crossed arms animation? Whoever added that last year never watched ball games. No one does that, only during timeouts. Hopefully they take it
Out
I'm pretty sure it started around 2K4...too bad it's still there. But oh well, not really an issue.

# 30 DaReapa @ 08/20/10 02:10 PM
This is much more convincing that the vid posted earlier this week. Even though it appear that there may still be a few hampering control issues, notably with some of the dribbling animations. Otherwise, looks decent.

# 31 scatman @ 08/20/10 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
One thing I've wanted since 2K2-2K3 is player introductions. Why is this is so difficult to do? Both Live and 2K had this last generation and haven't had it this generation. The closest we get is the screen shot of all five players. That's solid but I think it would add a lot more by adding introductions.
Maybe.....just maybe there different intros (like playoffs and finals intros) that aren't present in this gameplay. It be nice to have intros for the starting lineups. But lets say it's like this for regular season and for the playoffs and finals is something else......I just hope thats the case because that would really be insane add even more to the atmosphere of the NBA

# 32 youngfaze01 @ 08/20/10 02:28 PM
Outstanding, I have to say. Can't wait for the demo. Love the substitution presentation.

# 33 youvalss @ 08/20/10 02:28 PM
I liked the animation when Marion caught the ball and did a little spin (3:06). Looked really good. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in 2K10.

# 34 bearschicago @ 08/20/10 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Im not seeing enough off-ball physicality on cutters. But it looks really good. And i dont even think this was on simulation mode.
I believe this will be in Simulation. Mike said all demos from Gamescom are Default Pro. Which to me makes it more impressive.

# 35 reptilexcq @ 08/20/10 02:31 PM
Why are all layups high off the glasses? Even point blank layups. That's not normal.

# 36 Da-Man @ 08/20/10 02:35 PM
Can someone tell me if my eyes need checking because i think i'm seeing momentum shots.

It would be nice if they upped the presentation for the playoffs and had player intros just for the finals and maybe the all-star game.

# 37 VDusen04 @ 08/20/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Why are all layups high off the glasses? Even point blank layups. That's not normal.
Yeah that's been brought up a couple times and I haven't played 2K10 recently enough to recall if that's how it was in that iteration too. There seems to be a couple of situations where players bust through the lane to the rim and instead of placing it directly off the glass into the hoop (with a sense of strength and grace) they seem to float everything up. I saw at least one normal looking Chalmers fast break finish though, so that's good.

Examples from this particular video:

4:45 - Chris Bosh going left with the super high glass for the bunny finish

6:15 - Relatively normal Chalmers breakaway layup

# 38 Da-Man @ 08/20/10 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I agree.. i hope they fix that before the game ships.

# 39 greenegt @ 08/20/10 02:39 PM
The game looks beautiful. I'm loving the presentation!

# 40 youvalss @ 08/20/10 02:42 PM
If layups go up high off the glass, it's gonna be really hard to chase down block them. They said that cahse down blocks got some work this year, but it's not ganna be easy to do it with these layups.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.