NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Po Pimp @ 08/20/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Is it me, or Chris Bosh's photo (00:06) looks like it's his virtual version? Seems like a 2K11 Bosh rather than the real Bosh. Is this guy for real?
I'm thinking (and HOPING) they are using cyber faces this year for everyone

# 62 chackett12 @ 08/20/10 03:51 PM
LEBRON JAMES HEADBAND LOGO!!!!!!!!! just fix it already

# 63 Rocboyz101 @ 08/20/10 03:51 PM
Wow, this looks amazing..

# 64 chackett12 @ 08/20/10 03:53 PM
Fix Lebrons headband logo!!!!!!!!

# 65 JVal3208 @ 08/20/10 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Absolutely love the presentation aspect of it. Out side of animations, I can't see much difference from 2k10. Even the player models look almost identical.
I'm not sure what you expect to see. You're not going to get a complete graphical upgrade every year. From what what we've heard from people who have played it, the game looks much better, you can even tell in these poor quality videos. The fluidity of the gameplay completely separates it from 2K10, this looks nothing like 2K10.

# 66 13 @ 08/20/10 04:03 PM
I love that with 5 seconds to go, the time actually showed up at the top of the screen. Kind of cool that you can look up to that to determine when to make your move, like in the NBA where they have to look up at the time. If only it was up before 5 seconds.

# 67 brs2305 @ 08/20/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
You need to get on over there and show 'em how it's done, man. It's only a 4 hour road trip.
Yeah you're right, I should and actually did last year. I posted the first Live 10 vids last year from Gamescom.

Well, I guess with simulation mode being relevant online this year (and maybe actually working?!) I should be able to finally contest you guys online...cannot wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i think Doc meant to say Germans cannot play basketball VIDEO games
Well, either way , like I said, it's so much fun playing a national competition online...lov' it

# 68 LeBronistheKing @ 08/20/10 04:05 PM
I'm loving the pull up jumpers I have seen in various videos. With Jordan in the game that adds a whole new dimension to the game. Absolutely cannot wait to tear up defenses with His Airness and his unstoppable pull up Js.

# 69 LeBronistheKing @ 08/20/10 04:22 PM
Agreed LeBron's player model is very accurate and life like from what I can see. THe only thing holding it back is the positioning of the NBA logo on his headband.....

# 70 Da_Czar @ 08/20/10 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVal3208
I'm not sure what you expect to see. You're not going to get a complete graphical upgrade every year. From what what we've heard from people who have played it, the game looks much better, you can even tell in these poor quality videos. The fluidity of the gameplay completely separates it from 2K10, this looks nothing like 2K10.
When I looked at the games side by side there was an obvious graphical improvement. Not sure how or why thy isn't translating. The skin textures alone are WAYYYYY better.

Game looks sharp to me in person. Also visually how the players move I can't see how people can look at that and say it looks like 2k10. You don't see hardly any hitching. Players don't slide into our out of their stopped positions. On pull up jumpers guys don't slide back and shoot further than where you were thinking when you pulled up.

That alone should be big indication that its 11. But I have to remember I have been able to see it up close. I'm sure one of the official videos will allow people to notice the upgrade. It could be me but it looks a lot better than 10 to me. But I guess we all have different expectations. I expect were about tapped out on this generation of consoles.

# 71 Jano @ 08/20/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Why do people think that all these things are coming from live 10 when they been in NBA 2K's since forever.
Those exact controls in that video weren't in 2K, a form of them were in the game but they weren't anything like the one in the video.

Besides I didn't say anything about what wasn't in the game I was just giving ruben some explanation of the new passing controls. A lot of the tips and interceptions were very similar to the way it worked in Live 10 that's why I brought it up.

Creating passing lanes was essential in Live 10 especially on higher difficulties where the cpu was known to deflect weak passes. Much like the CPU was doing on the video.

# 72 Rocboyz101 @ 08/20/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Why do people think that all these things are coming from live 10 when they been in NBA 2K's since forever.
The momentum jumpers were probably pulled from live. These things haven't been in 2k. These are most likely mikes ideas though.

# 73 DubTrey1 @ 08/20/10 04:48 PM
Everything is looking good on this game so far. Dude using the Mavs was getting punished for poor play tactics. I am hoping the AI kills you for making mistakes this year on both ends of the floor. Looks so far, so good from what we have seen thus far...

# 74 Muzyk23 @ 08/20/10 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
When I looked at the games side by side there was an obvious graphical improvement. Not sure how or why thy isn't translating. The skin textures alone are WAYYYYY better.

Game looks sharp to me in person. Also visually how the players move I can't see how people can look at that and say it looks like 2k10. You don't see hardly any hitching. Players don't slide into our out of their stopped positions. On pull up jumpers guys don't slide back and shoot further than where you were thinking when you pulled up.

That alone should be big indication that its 11. But I have to remember I have been able to see it up close. I'm sure one of the official videos will allow people to notice the upgrade. It could be me but it looks a lot better than 10 to me. But I guess we all have different expectations. I expect were about tapped out on this generation of consoles.
the other thing is making a graphics statement based on vidoes of such quality..some ppl are just like that

# 75 kolanji @ 08/20/10 04:54 PM
again even after seeing the video b4 this one this one still adds more to the excitement for me.the intro was sick and very well presented imo.the though passes that took away the catchers momentum was very well satisfying to see for myself.
the only thing that didn't sit well was the fact that the off the glass layups were way too high of the glass on open attempts and the fact that players get substituted str8 off the bench into the game still they don't go to the scorer's table they just run in the game on dead ball situations.
overall that was a very good preview of the game visually

# 76 VDusen04 @ 08/20/10 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
the other thing is making a graphics statement based on vidoes of such quality..some ppl are just like that
I'm not saying this to be critical and I acknowledge it's tough to make an accurate judgment from these videos but I agree that the art graphics don't appear too much different than 2K10. I know there's a ton of small improvements and I appreciate those. I just think sometimes we become so used to new years bringing about awesome graphic overhauls that once we reach a system's apparent limit, it's not as clear cut to tell a difference in that regard.

Also, had I not read these forums, I wouldn't have noticed half of the things I do now. So I appreciate that.

# 77 wwharton @ 08/20/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chackett12
Fix Lebrons headband logo!!!!!!!!
Asking once is enough.

# 78 Muzyk23 @ 08/20/10 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm not saying this to be critical and I acknowledge it's tough to make an accurate judgment from these videos but I agree that the art graphics don't appear too much different than 2K10. I know there's a ton of small improvements and I appreciate those. I just think sometimes we become so used to new years bringing about awesome graphic overhauls that once we reach a system's apparent limit, it's not as clear cut to tell a difference in that regard.

Also, had I not read these forums, I wouldn't have noticed half of the things I do now. So I appreciate that.
I respect your opinion but I trust Da Czar on graphics.

# 79 BlackRome @ 08/20/10 05:20 PM
I still would like to see the players actually introduced from the bench.

The TV presentation is nice but I think they didn't hear their fans when they talked about the intro.

Let me see the starters introduced on the floor leaving the bench.

They showed everything but that.

# 80 Goffs @ 08/20/10 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
I respect your opinion but I trust Da Czar on graphics.
same here...especially if they got to actually see it in person...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.