Home
News Post

Due to popular request, we have installed Tapatalk on the OS Forums. Android, iPhone and Blackberry owners, try it out and let us know what you think.

Want to know more about Tapatalk? Click here.

Member Comments
# 981 dubcity @ 06/30/17 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
It's funny going on OS with my laptop once in a while and seeing hardly any likes on people's posts.

It's crickets every time lol.
Yeah, I remember a time before modern social media had taught people to piggyback or voice approval of an opinion with just a click, instead of actually joining the discussion. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.

# 982 Boltman @ 06/30/17 03:59 AM
People still had that mentality back in the day, they just didn't have the medium to engage in such behavior.

But I hear ya, I def remember life before tech.

# 983 ProfessaPackMan @ 06/30/17 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, I remember a time before modern social media had taught people to piggyback or voice approval of an opinion with just a click, instead of actually joining the discussion. Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria.
I mean, it didn't really dissuade anyone from joining a discussion when it was here though, lol.

# 984 TheShizNo1 @ 06/30/17 10:24 AM
I don't see what people see when they talk about the "likes" killing convos or anything else on this site. If they're taken that serious regardless of whether it's negative or positive, sounds like a personal problem.

I need likes. They give me a boost of self confidence when I wake up the next morning and see how many of my posts have been liked from the previous day. Therefore, I have a personal problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

# 985 dickey1331 @ 06/30/17 05:08 PM
It's difficult to tell if your meme was a hit in the meme thread without likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

# 986 slickdtc @ 06/30/17 05:49 PM
Yeah, I like the Like feature to recognize that a post was funny or I agree without posting "That's funny" or "I agree".

I still post plenty otherwise. The Like button didn't kill conversation, apparently that was Twitter.

# 987 TheShizNo1 @ 06/30/17 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
It's difficult to tell if your meme was a hit in the meme thread without likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Yeah, I like the Like feature to recognize that a post was funny or I agree without posting "That's funny" or "I agree".

I still post plenty otherwise. The Like button didn't kill conversation, apparently that was Twitter.
These guys get it.

#FreeMyLikes

# 988 TheShizNo1 @ 06/30/17 06:49 PM

# 989 Speedy @ 06/30/17 06:52 PM
Yeah, I deleted it after thinking about it...probably doesn't/didn't come across the way I intended.

Carry on.

# 990 stizz @ 07/02/17 08:24 PM
I don't like the changes made in the last couple of app updates. I don't see the purpose in the images when viewing sub forums. Anyone know how to remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 991 mestevo @ 07/02/17 09:22 PM
In the standard Tapatalk there's an option to disable that. OS doesn't really have control over those features iirc, it's just a branded version of Tapatalk but for one forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 992 stizz @ 07/02/17 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
In the standard Tapatalk there's an option to disable that. OS doesn't really have control over those features iirc, it's just a branded version of Tapatalk but for one forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've had a look in the Settings and can't find where to remove these ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 993 ProfessaPackMan @ 07/06/17 12:42 PM
Any update on the Like Button Issue on Tapatalk?

# 994 mestevo @ 07/06/17 05:28 PM
Update? Has there even been an initial acknowledgement? Figured it was part of trying to move the site to the new look/feel.

# 995 ProfessaPackMan @ 07/06/17 06:30 PM
From the other thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Works fine on my PC using Chrome. And it's a known issue with the latest update of Tapatalk (for mobile app). I sent it over to Mill the night it happened and he sent it over to Steve.

Hence me asking the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 996 Steve_OS @ 07/07/17 05:46 AM
Our coder has fixed the like issue on mobile, let us know how it's working for you.

# 997 dickey1331 @ 07/07/17 05:49 AM
It's working for me!

# 998 ProfessaPackMan @ 07/07/17 07:44 AM
You the real MVP, Steve. [emoji1490]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 999 Boltman @ 07/07/17 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Our coder has fixed the like issue on mobile, let us know how it's working for you.
God bless your heart Steve.

Seriously though, much better with it there. Now we can all seek our validation properly lol.

# 1000 jb12780 @ 07/07/17 10:16 AM
I'm on Tapatalk Pro and it looks like it got a new makeover.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.