NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 yungflo @ 08/24/10 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Somebody has helped Clark with his video game announcing too.....
he's still annoying. his voice sounds like a d-list announcer. honestly, doris burke in the booth would be better than him.

but commentary in 2k11 is fluid

# 82 Jano @ 08/24/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRocky145xX
they already have that on nba2k10..but now its way bigger on 2k11
Huh didn't notice it before then..

# 83 youvalss @ 08/24/10 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
he's still annoying. his voice sounds like a d-list announcer. honestly, doris burke in the booth would be better than him.

but commentary in 2k11 is fluid
I really don't think the voice is the problem. I mean Van Gundy's voice, for me, is the most annoying voice, but I like to listen to him. CK's remarks sound really good, in my opinion.

# 84 Jukeman @ 08/24/10 07:10 PM
- At 5:28; the slow motion rebounding
+ At 5:45; The CPU(on the USER team)stepped in to try and draw a charge
- Did I mention that the players are going to fast running upcourt with the ball(without using turbo)???

# 85 tbone1 @ 08/24/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
how u mean amway center wasnt added

it was on the court
It say's it on the court, but the arena itself is the old two level arena with the large tunnels in the corner.
The new arena is going to have three levels with luxury boxes above the first level,and bars and restaraunts above the second level as well as more corner seating.

# 86 basehead617 @ 08/24/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Chance
Apologies to all .
I was expecting a whole new game like Elite...
HAHAHAHAH.

ahem.

# 87 yungflo @ 08/24/10 07:12 PM
Quote:
Apologies to all .
And then I brought myself back to life . NBA 2K franchise builds on what they're already good at and turns it into a Wonderful game . I was expecting something totally new, but my expectations were ignorant and naive .
2K11 is shaping out to be a day1 buy and I'm bery proud of them .
I will say that, I do like the gamescom demo better than this
yeah, GS just seemed different, more fluid. maybe its just these two teams? and funny thing is, GC was on pro level(if i recall correctly)

# 88 elprez98 @ 08/24/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Apologies to all .
And then I brought myself back to life . NBA 2K franchise builds on what they're already good at and turns it into a Wonderful game . I was expecting something totally new, but my expectations were ignorant and naive .
Dude you don't have to apologize for your view. I thought it was good, you didn't. Everyone is entitled to their own view.

# 89 youvalss @ 08/24/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Apologies to all .
Apology accepted. Just kidding, of course! I don't think you're going to have a whole new game from either company. And I think the changes 2K has made for 2K11 are legitimate plus, maybe even more than the ones made for 2K10.

# 90 yungflo @ 08/24/10 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I really don't think the voice is the problem. I mean Van Gundy's voice, for me, is the most annoying voice, but I like to listen to him. CK's remarks sound really good, in my opinion.
he doesn't really set up a point, he just shoots rebuttals and ad-lib to harlans question. he takes away from the experience a tiny tiny tiny bit.

# 91 omgzgabe @ 08/24/10 07:15 PM
no buzzer sound after timeout or substitution..

# 92 BlAcK_OpS @ 08/24/10 07:16 PM
I can't even lie when I saw this vid I though it looked like 2K10 like some others have said. Then again I haven't played 2K10 since April so I probably forgot a few of the things they have improved on like foot planting, animations, player models.

Hopefully the Heat vs Mavericks videos were later builds because those looked better then this video in my opinion.

# 93 infam0us @ 08/24/10 07:18 PM
They really should of released the combine separately again. I want to play ball but I just cant play 2k10 anymore, especially after that.

# 94 elprez98 @ 08/24/10 07:24 PM
Well I just finished playing a couple of games in 2k10. This does not look like 2k10.

# 95 youvalss @ 08/24/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Haha, thanks alot youvalss! its always good to know you'll be there when I slip up !
No problem. Of course, no one likes to be disappointed. Hope you like the game once it's released. Hope we all do...

# 96 LeBronistheKing @ 08/24/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcK_OpS
I can't even lie when I saw this vid I though it looked like 2K10 like some others have said. Then again I haven't played 2K10 since April so I probably forgot a few of the things they have improved on like foot planting, animations, player models.

Hopefully the Heat vs Mavericks videos were later builds because those looked better then this video in my opinion.

There is so much in the Heat vs Mavericks videos that were not present in this new video. Such as much more fluid lifelike realistic player movement also now having read the passing insight, I can see that in the Gamescom demo version you can see those bad pass animations happening where players have to either gather a bad pass or jump up for a bad pass (presumably due to the passer having a lower rating) those things are not happening in this new video. I sincerely hope that the Gamescom video is from a more current build. Because I hope they are not going backwards.

I mean watch the passing in this video and compare it to what we have just seen in the Denver vs Orlando video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCcQtJWzuxM

There appears to be a greater variety of passing as well as passing animations and overall fluidity.

# 97 Gosens6 @ 08/24/10 07:33 PM
Looks great to me. I'm staying far away from the thread after posting this though..

It seems leaps and bounds better than 2K10. More player control, movements are more fluid, and the players seem to have a weight to them. This might be an older build than the GS demo but still, looks great to me. Also nice seeing the CPU taking jumpshots and actually missing some of them.

We also don't know what gamestyle this is on. For me, October 5th can't come soon enough.

# 98 youvalss @ 08/24/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe24-
So i just saw Mike Wang said you can't alley oop to yourself in NBA 2K11 but you can to a trailing player.....

what that sucks!
Other than during the All-Star game, I really couldn't care less about it. But that's me...to each his own.

# 99 RubenDouglas @ 08/24/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone1
It say's it on the court, but the arena itself is the old two level arena with the large tunnels in the corner.
The new arena is going to have three levels with luxury boxes above the first level,and bars and restaraunts above the second level as well as more corner seating.
like this?
http://www.seats3d.com/nba/orlando_magic/

I still don't know why they don't work with seats3d to do the nba arenas "PERFECTLY". They currently have 25 of the 30 nba arenas

# 100 blues rocker @ 08/24/10 07:35 PM
Kenyon Martin's reverse dunk under the hoop looked bad. That type of dunk could turn out to be a major cheese shot.

some of the passing still looks kind of bad. Some of the passing animations aren't right for the passing angle that is available....and the the passer sometimes throws the ball right through the head or neck of a defender, rather than throwing a higher pass to get the ball over the defender.

Also defenders still seem too unaware of the ball. many times a pass will whiz right toward a defender and they won't even try to tip it.

at 3:56 there is really bad underhand pass that goes right through the head/neck of a defender to a streaking Vince Carter. the passer picked the wrong type of pass for that angle - he should've done a higher overhead pass to get the ball over the defender....second, the defender just stands there and doesn't even attempt to tip the ball even though the ball is going right toward him. this might be an example of 2k trying to get too fancy by adding all kinds of passing animations, but instead it "clutters" the game with a lot of animations that aren't proper for the situation.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.