Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jlbrown143 @ 08/24/10 09:15 PM
[quote=Positive Chance;2041513590]This will be the last time I explain myself, and after that.. I will not retaliate to any other post like this .
I made a post and then I explained the post, then I thought about my post . I changed the way I viewed the game ( if we're still allowed to do that here ). I did not tell anyone that they were on crack or any substance if they did not view the video the same as I did .

Okay guy sorry I said you were on crack!! but I felt like you would have to be on some type of substance not to see the blarring improvements made in this years installment. But you are correct in that you should be allowed to have your opinion I for one just think that it was mis-stated as it relates to game improvements....looking at the video you can clearly see it is different than last years installment for the most part..I just wish some of you fellas would really look at the video's more closely...again I apologize for my remarks that may have seemed offensive sir.

# 162 23 @ 08/24/10 09:16 PM
I'll say this

I really REALLY wish 2k would change the rim sounds and stuff..

Changing the sound of the rims, the menus when you scroll...

Believe it or not that stuff makes a difference too

# 163 nickjames @ 08/24/10 09:17 PM
Looks good to me. I think a lot of people bring up good points on the negatives with the video, but I'm not as nitpicky as some of you (although you guys make good points, I'm not saying it's a bad thing haha).

If this was the same game as 2k10 with the Jordan Challenge added, I would be happy. It looks like there's a few other improvements too, so even better. I'm excited for this game.

One thing I really hope they change is the stupid contact animations, though. Looks like there's some of that in the video, sadly.

# 164 TreyIM2 @ 08/24/10 09:17 PM
Overall, I think the game looks great. I'm JUST now seriously getting into NBA 2K10 (thanks to Blockbuster offering free online rentals, now, with my movie rental subscription). Couldn't get the game at the stores since it was always out and I wasn't going to buy it because I was tired of NBA2K (the demo didn't help nor playing it in Best Buy) so I'm trying to do some comparing of the vids to what I've been playin in 2K10. I like what I'm seeing. Better passing, dribbling, transition animations, presentation and what's his head sounds more like he's real life commentating. I still don't like CK, though. He will ALWAYS be annoying to me.

Can't wait to check out the new controls in this game. Better be a demo before the retail release, 2K!!

# 165 Ermolli @ 08/24/10 09:17 PM
Liked the video, better than 2K10 but there are some issues that some people already said

# 166 youngfaze01 @ 08/24/10 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Chance
This will be the last time I explain myself, and after that.. I will not retaliate to any other post like this .
I made a post and then I explained the post, then I thought about my post . I changed the way I viewed the game ( if we're still allowed to do that here ). I did not tell anyone that they were on crack or any substance if they did not view the video the same as I did . I respected their opinion, and felt that if I did that, my opinion would also be respected . However, on Operationsports, some poster feel as if everyone should agree with any tiny little spectrum that they say or give .
Lol, funny, but also true. Everyone should be allowed to make an opinion here on OS, without someone feeling offended by it. I abhor it. Video looks good btw.

# 167 Rocboyz101 @ 08/24/10 09:25 PM
It was good to see melo's jumper. Looked really good and I liked how he was able to get it off without the dumb superman closeouts. Don't like how he still looks like his horrible 2k10 self. One of the faces in 2k10 I really didn't like.

# 168 fatjoejr2001 @ 08/24/10 09:28 PM
Okay if you really want to know if that's 2k11 just look at the pictures of the players. That aside, some things definitely need work. The players models are EXACTLY the same as 2k10 (WTF?) and Birdman doesn't do his hair like that anymore (Where's the mustache?). Only people I saw with different (better) sigs was carmelo and JR. Crowd still looks repetitive and commentary sounds all too familiar. If 2k doesn't cut out the laziness Elite will take it this year (Seriously). I have no doubt that they are not done yet and will tighten up player models as well as animations of all kind. Main focus should be improving my player and the association at this point. The graphics won't change drastically, but some things have to be done (Sweat and more face animations). 2K never lets me down so I'm not really worried lol. I would HATE to have to make NBA Elite my main B-Ball game lol... NOOOOOOOOOO!

P.S. Where is Superman's special sleeve lmao!? Also, they really need to make Howard smile a lot more for better realism... In real life everytime I see the guy he's always laughing or smiling up and down the court... Except for when he gets called for a foul and vice versa lol.

# 169 RipCity71252 @ 08/24/10 09:30 PM
Looks like a much improved 2k10....

Off-Ball movement anis look great and trigger in the right situations.

We didn't see a ton of it in this vid but I'm liking the pnr execution on both sides. Much better than 2k10.

Dribbling looks better, but I agree there needs to be more blocking fouls with the amount of contact we're seeing on the perimeter. Hopefully tweaking the block foul slider changes this and not only the charge/block call frequency like 2k10.

Liking the size-ups. Stationary dribble moves in 2k10 were minimal and tough to trigger (step out ani), this should help a lot.

Jumpshooting in general looks a ton better for various reasons that have already been noted, including how the defense guards it. This aspect of 2k10 was the main reason a kept on going back to live 10.

The passing did look a little suspect at times but still an improvement and should get better by release.

Overall the locomotion looks solid, (players still get a little hyperactive in their movements from time to time) but a huge improvement to 2k10 which was an eysore in this regard.

Presentation wise, the already great commentary is improved and Doris Burke sounds like she'll work out much better than Cheryl Miller did as the sideline reporter.

Player models, textures, acceccessories, and facial expressions all recieved a nice upgrade from what I can tell.

Really excited for what October 5th is going to bring.

# 170 Rocboyz101 @ 08/24/10 09:30 PM
Not liking how the hop-step issue hasn't been addressed. Still looks nearly unstoppable and just moves people out the way(shoulda put all this in 1 post but w/e).

# 171 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/24/10 09:30 PM
Few things I like in this video:

- I like how Harlan and Kellogg talks about Howard before the timeout, and then went back to same topic after the timeout. AWESOME!

- I like the fake inside the paint for 2 by Howard

- Vince off screen jumpshot

# 172 bearschicago @ 08/24/10 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I'll say this

I really REALLY wish 2k would change the rim sounds and stuff..

Changing the sound of the rims, the menus when you scroll...

Believe it or not that stuff makes a difference too
Do you think they should also change the rim physics? i.e. long shots=long rebounds. I've also heard others say the net should be thicker. What do you think? In all honesty I'm not too sure.

# 173 bearschicago @ 08/24/10 09:32 PM
All in all, the game looks really good. I'm not going to mention the positives because there are too many. Some minor problems people haven't mentioned yet:

-3 Vince Carter dunk attempts in the 1st quarter. Dunks VC did in his Raptor days but I don't think he does now. Did VC attempt 3 dunks in one quarter last year (Orlando fans please comment on this)? But it also has to do with the user playing undisciplined defense.

-At 4:56 after VC makes the first free throw the chime should've occurred instantly but took 6 seconds later. The second free throw he makes was instant.

-The game speed/player movement seems faster which I don't like. I like the flow of the game in the Gamescon videos better. Felt like players had more weight to them which is more realistic.

-A lot of overhead passes and didn't see any gather of the lead pass. Passes were also not tipped as much as the Gamescon vids. And the Gamescon vids were Default Pro Game Style. This is Simulation All-Star.

This is probably an earlier build than the Gameson videos.

# 174 bearschicago @ 08/24/10 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjoejr2001
Okay if you really want to know if that's 2k11 just look at the pictures of the players. That aside, some things definitely need work. The players models are EXACTLY the same as 2k10 (WTF?) and Birdman doesn't do his hair like that anymore (Where's the mustache?). Only people I saw with different (better) sigs was carmelo and JR. Crowd still looks repetitive and commentary sounds all too familiar. If 2k doesn't cut out the laziness Elite will take it this year (Seriously). I have no doubt that they are not done yet and will tighten up player models as well as animations of all kind. Main focus should be improving my player and the association at this point. The graphics won't change drastically, but some things have to be done (Sweat and more face animations). 2K never lets me down so I'm not really worried lol. I would HATE to have to make NBA Elite my main B-Ball game lol... NOOOOOOOOOO!

P.S. Where is Superman's special sleeve lmao!? Also, they really need to make Howard smile a lot more for better realism... In real life everytime I see the guy he's always laughing or smiling up and down the court... Except for when he gets called for a foul and vice versa lol.
Looks like people will give VC Anthony Parker's shot again. Did his sig shot change. I also remember reading Mike's Tweet that Nelson had his shot changed but it looks the same. Rashard Lewis sig shot looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Not liking how the hop-step issue hasn't been addressed. Still looks nearly unstoppable and just moves people out the way(shoulda put all this in 1 post but w/e).
A way to counter a hop step is they bump into the defender and lose the ball or commit a charge. Should be a risk-reward factor.

# 175 RipCity71252 @ 08/24/10 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
We saw 1 hopstep in that whole video. Let's hold-off on this subject until we see some more footage.

# 176 XenoZograscope @ 08/24/10 09:56 PM
I see they gave Melo a new sig shot, the overlay designs looks pretty nice.

# 177 MrBallaBoy21 @ 08/24/10 10:03 PM
I like what I see. If someone gets a chance they should try to do as many pick and roll passes as possible so we can see the lead pass defense.

# 178 Rocboyz101 @ 08/24/10 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Looks like people will give VC Anthony Parker's shot again. Did his sig shot change. I also remember reading Mike's Tweet that Nelson had his shot changed but it looks the same. Rashard Lewis sig shot looks better.

A way to counter a hop step is they bump into the defender and lose the ball or commit a charge. Should be a risk-reward factor.
^Have they talked about this for 2k11? Because that definitely didn't help in 2k10. Not the step where its almost always a foul or a travel, the one where you press the hopstep button with no turbo, they just gain ground in the paint no matter what. This isn't the first time I've seen it either, happened a few times in the gamescon videos. I imagine it won't be that bad again, but a little assurance wouldn't hurt.

# 179 blues rocker @ 08/24/10 10:06 PM
at 2:08 Billups (i think) is dribbling and he warps right through his teammate (i think Martin) rather than colliding with him.

Also, 2k still has a serious problem with their dribbling locomotion. the biggest problem is that every time you change direction just slightly while dribbling, your player just STOPS moving forward and does a automatic between-the-legs crossover where he switches the ball to his other hand...it just kills your forward momentum. this is a huge problem in the dribbling locomotion system and it needs to be removed. go to 2:06 and see it happen (i think it is Billups with the ball).

however, at 2:35 he switches the ball to his other hand quickly without stopping...it is a much quicker move than the other crossover type i metioned at 2:06. they need to get rid of that "stopping slow crossover move" (i mentioned above at 2:06) and replace it with this quicker "switching hands" move (at 2:35).

# 180 adwen @ 08/24/10 10:08 PM
looks good but lol i thought this was better than the gamescom stuff but i have to play it to find out

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.