Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Shacknews has posted their NBA 2K11 Jordan Challenge preview, including some new screenshots.

Quote:
"For the first time since announcing Michael Jordan would be in the game, 2K Sports dropped by with a work-in-progress build of NBA 2K11 complete with "His Airness" to show off. In particular, I got to check out the Jordan Challenge mode that highlights his career, along with getting in a little stick time playing #23.

Predictably enough, the Jordan Challenge breaks his career down into ten signature games but detailed win conditions give this mode more depth than I initially expected. This isn't about trying to recreate one snapshot from the game; it's the whole Jordan package, and I learned that's no small order. It's also one worth seeing through, doing so unlocks Jordan as a rookie to be added to any modern team in the Create a Legend mode."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 eko718 @ 08/25/10 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
The Jason Terry/LaMarcus Aldridge pic proves this. Although this could be from an earlier build.

I forgot but fellow PC users, can this be modded/edited? Lowering the high sock so you can see the kneecap? I don't think it could.
Yeah. These minor aesthetic details would go a long way if 2K would address it. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us.

# 22 Goffs @ 08/25/10 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
They fixed David Lee!Yes! Granger still looks like he is 82 years old.Sigh..........Overall great pics. That Parker shot looked incredible.
oh god i didnt even recognize him...wrong body type for him...

# 23 domidomdomz @ 08/25/10 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
oh god i didnt even recognize him...wrong body type for him...
haha me too. Maybe he's not recognizable in that angle.

# 24 NINJAK2 @ 08/25/10 11:46 AM
I recognized him right away. That initial leprecahn(sp?) look with that black afro helmet was a terrible model for him. I will take this new one with open arms.

# 25 aloncho11 @ 08/25/10 11:46 AM
Overall, the skin textures and different clothes textures look awesome. Still a shame that the long sock and calf sleeve issues are still there though.

# 26 kpax1º1 @ 08/25/10 11:47 AM
Good find. Liked the calf sleeves, didn't like that there are still not socks under them.

# 27 J-H!zZl3 @ 08/25/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
I recognized him right away. That initial leprecahn(sp?) look with that black afro helmet was a terrible model for him. I will take this new one with open arms.
Yeah, his model was atrocious in 2k10, but I definitely didn't think that was him when I first scrolled through the images..lol.

# 28 youngfaze01 @ 08/25/10 11:55 AM
lol...someone tell me what Rondo is doing in that Kobe screen. Pics look good btw.

# 29 domidomdomz @ 08/25/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
The Jason Terry/LaMarcus Aldridge pic proves this. Although this could be from an earlier build.

I forgot but fellow PC users, can this be modded/edited? Lowering the high sock so you can see the kneecap? I don't think it could.
I haven't seen a patch that lowers a sock, though they can make the socks lower (roster editing) and put a black or white color on their legs to make it look like a sock. But that sucks cause edited rosters do not affect online rosters.

# 30 youngfaze01 @ 08/25/10 11:57 AM
In that Kobe screen, Rondo's whole left arm looks white.

# 31 bearschicago @ 08/25/10 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
I haven't seen a patch that lowers a sock, though they can make the socks lower (roster editing) and put a black or white color on their legs to make it look like a sock. But that sucks cause edited rosters do not affect online rosters.
So it looks like something 2K has to fix on their own end as pc modders can't truly edit the sock/calf sleeve bug.

# 32 NINJAK2 @ 08/25/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
In that Kobe screen, Rondo's whole left arm looks white.
That's cause he is wearing a sleeve

# 33 youngfaze01 @ 08/25/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
That's cause he is wearing a sleeve
Understandable, but all the way up to his shoulders??

# 34 youngfaze01 @ 08/25/10 12:04 PM
I like how the names are much bigger on the back of the jerseys now.

# 35 wallofhate @ 08/25/10 12:05 PM
the pics look great! im with you guys on the pink color and so ck n calf sleeve its a little bit of a let down. as far as david lee lol he looks more like david wright!!! its weird to me how spot on n great some faces are and how horribly off others are!! all n all it seems to be another great game of bball from 2k!!!

# 36 domidomdomz @ 08/25/10 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
lol...someone tell me what Rondo is doing in that Kobe screen. Pics look good btw.
He looks lost and sleepy. He was funny.

# 37 RIZDRAVER @ 08/25/10 12:07 PM
If I can't see that 1 Pixel gray sliver of a sock when playing this game, then what's the point of playing? And they want me to believe this is a sim!?

# 38 yungflo @ 08/25/10 12:08 PM
playground basketball

(referring to the no sock glitch)

# 39 keshunleon @ 08/25/10 12:10 PM
Dang, dang, dang!!!

Minor details, I wish 2K fix the sock issues please!
Every single year there is some accessory issues, the same ones since 2K7.

There is a difference between a knee brace, sleeve, and pad in 2K11, all looks the same in all the 2K games.

# 40 bearschicago @ 08/25/10 12:13 PM
Isn't there also another bug in that if you put on a arm sleeve, you can't wear wrist bands on that same arm(because the sleeve covers the wrist)?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.