Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Big thanks to domidomdomz!

If there are any other videos you have not seen, you can visit 8/25/10 NBA2K11 Recent Videos, or 23's Sticky at the top of the forum - All NBA 2K11 News Sticky.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 J-Clutch1 @ 08/25/10 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Chance
At 2:29, does'nt that look like kobes go to move?
Also, at 3:38, did butler just go out of bounds with no Invisible wall???
Did you see that offense that the cpu did at 4:49 and with the last pass, in 2k10, he would have shot it !
i think invisible walls are out. Mike Wang did say that when a ball is blocked, it doesn't hit an invisible wall anymore when going to the crowd.

# 22 Spartan901 @ 08/25/10 04:25 PM
Great vid. I'm not sure where Ron TOLD (as someone put it) that he was playing an earlier build in the Denver/Orlando vid, but Mike said on his Twitter that those didn't know exactly which build Ron was playing, there are things in the vid that definitely point to it being an earlier build

# 23 datboimall @ 08/25/10 04:32 PM
yea this vid compared to the magic vid is like night an day ...this build is newer the the one ronnie was playing an thank god for that cus i was getting worried after watching the magic an nuggets build ...gamecom vid just moves natural like... an the overall experience in this vid is way better

# 24 youngfaze01 @ 08/25/10 04:37 PM
This video made my day. I'm grateful for new info that comes in, but I don't think Ronnie should show his videos (just to prevent controversy). But this video is definitely a problem (in a positive way).

# 25 jr2424 @ 08/25/10 04:45 PM
Loved seeing Joel Anthony lose the ball while dribbling. Dunno about you guys but does it seem like the AI pushes the ball way more than in previous years? Maybe it's just me but I don't see them running as many sets. The Nuggets video I do remember seeing Vince run the baseline and get a jumper after using a double screen. But in this video I didn't see as many plays run, which for me is good and bad. Good in the sense that now I can't over-pursue a predictable set but bad because sometimes spacing becomes an issue.

I'm trying not to knock it cause I think the tipped passes and some of the dunks look great.

# 26 Goffs @ 08/25/10 04:50 PM
Hmm if ronnie used a video camera to capture a vid I guarantee you guys it would be just as smooth as gamescon

# 27 jr2424 @ 08/25/10 04:54 PM
Just watched it again and I have to pull back a little from my first comment. If the guy who was playing didn't double so much the AI would be less aggressive. What I noticed most during my second view was that if you reach or over commit or do anything stupid, the AI makes you pay. I should know by now that I need to take a second view before typing.

# 28 kolanji @ 08/25/10 04:57 PM
finally i nice clear 720p version of all the nba 2k11 goodness

i was like when Joel Anthony got dunked on that looks so nasty .......cant wait to make some posters of my own dunking on some ppl

# 29 SpSoloSr @ 08/25/10 05:08 PM
These vids have been great to watch, makin it hard to sit back and wait.

One of the little things that I loved, and I'm sure was covered in the Passing Animation Insight was Marion's pump fake pass at 2:38. So great to see certain aspects of real basketball finally making it's way into the virtual realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
Just watched it again and I have to pull back a little from my first comment. If the guy who was playing didn't double so much the AI would be less aggressive. What I noticed most during my second view was that if you reach or over commit or do anything stupid, the AI makes you pay. I should know by now that I need to take a second view before typing.
This has been the hardest aspect of watching these videos. The guy was depicting some true "cheese" like tactics in his game, and I was so thrilled that he was not being rewarded for it. Interceptions on his long passes, CPU dodging his Charge attempts and attacking his Swiss D. I'd love to see what someone committed to Sim style play would look like on this build of the game.

# 30 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/25/10 05:13 PM
Damn this game is getting me excited, but i am still waiting to see how they have approached the iso controls, online play, and any improvements to the career modes, but as far as pure gameplay, 2k is hitting it out the park.

# 31 TheKasmar @ 08/25/10 05:13 PM
The Mavs user kept pressing the steal button. The good part was it didnt move the offensive player all around.

The dunk animations have always been a 2k strong point but, the Butler dunk and his reaction afterwords brought it to another level.

I loved the fake entry pass by Kidd

The only thing I didnt like was Butler being forced out of bounds.

# 32 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/25/10 05:21 PM
Quote:
Did you read the dev insight on controls?
i must have missed that

# 33 Muzyk23 @ 08/25/10 05:23 PM
Like I stated in the other thread, Gamescon version of the game is just way way better and I hope that's the version we are getting to play come October 5th. Ronnie shouldn't post any more vids. It just confuses people.

# 34 youngfaze01 @ 08/25/10 05:27 PM
@1:52-1:53- I liked how Kidd was tapping Butler on the head after he made the big dunk.

@4:22-4:26- The replay looked like a real NBA game.

# 35 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/25/10 05:53 PM
Quote:
yea i forgot i read that one, but didnt they say Mike would go into detail with the controls?

# 36 Goffs @ 08/25/10 05:55 PM
Yeah its night and day....gamescon vid is running real smooth...it could be that ronnie had a bad capture or the version he has is not optimized yet to run smooth but damn like muzyk said I want the gamescon version

# 37 youvalss @ 08/25/10 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
yea i forgot i read that one, but didnt they say Mike would go into detail with the controls?
There's supposed to be an Insight about the Shot Stick. Hopefully, this week.

Quote:
NEXT NBA 2K11 Developer Insight - "Controls: Shot Stick" by Mike Wang, TBD

# 38 scottyp180 @ 08/25/10 06:19 PM
why can't anyone from gamescom play defense. They take themselves complete out of the play by either running around like they have no head or attempting bad steal attempts. I like that the cpu is, for the most part, taking advantage of the bad defense. Seeing that this is on default game setting, and probably only pro do difficulty, I am really curious how smart the cpu will be on a higher difficulty and on Sim mode.

# 39 Muzyk23 @ 08/25/10 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
There's supposed to be an Insight about the Shot Stick. Hopefully, this week.
I think that's for next Tuesday

# 40 Stumbleweed @ 08/25/10 06:32 PM
Color me impressed. I haven't really been keeping up with the b-ball game news lately, but the action on the floor looks pretty incredible. With the passing tweaks and some of the other gameplay additions, I think I'll be back on board for 2K11. Don't really have time to play much these days, but I can't say no to a basketball game that looks like that (great presentation improvements too).

To me the best part about these early videos is the shot success -- whenever I think a shot is bad and will miss, it missed, and whenever I thought, "Oh, he's money from there" it was in. Very little eyebrow-raising for me, which was the biggest issue I had with both games last year and in the past... just too much random crap happening that goes against the nature of the players/teams.

Fastbreak looks way improved too, Mike bringing Direct Passing over from EA makes me happy, as I loved that feature and the options it opened up.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.