Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

This video explains what Real AI will bring to the table in NBA Elite 11.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Mintsa @ 08/26/10 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Let us get some gameplay vids.
I agree. The demo will probably drop with the next few weeks (mid september). So this should really be the time for some gameplay videos to drop and to finally put some visuals to all the stuff we've been reading.

# 62 Ermolli @ 08/26/10 11:31 AM
I was already said by reanimator(not sure who) that next week we'll surely see some 5vs5 gameplay

# 63 RIZDRAVER @ 08/26/10 11:38 AM
I'm basically going to act like I didn't see this video and hold my thoughts until I see some real gameplay videos and the demo. I'm kind of at a loss for words at this point.

# 64 kwas676 @ 08/26/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrown143
Well no dis-respect to reanimator or Stepsix but really fellas don't you think it's about time that we see some proof of what you guys are selling this year, because...it feels like you're trying to hide stuff again, to save sells, and I for one am not buying a thing from you guys untill I am convinced it's worth buying...I have been duped too many times before...so I say to you PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! no dis-respect intended
How they gonna hide stuff if people still have to play the demo thats still coming out before the game, some you act like the game comes out in September 4. Shot they should have hid some these clips in this vid they looked ugly.

# 65 BDM313 @ 08/26/10 01:40 PM
Sounds Good Looks Good....Cant Wait For The Demo And Some Gameplay Videos

# 66 DaWolf @ 08/26/10 04:06 PM
I guess we will see the demo within the next two weeks.

From a marketing stand point its quite obvious they hold back gameplay videos - beacuse it looks a lot worse than 2k. They want the gamers out there to overlook the graphics - try the game themselves and be left impressed with the controls. I doubt we will see gameplay videos till the demo drops which I guess will be early september.

# 67 RIZDRAVER @ 08/26/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
I guess we will see the demo within the next two weeks.

From a marketing stand point its quite obvious they hold back gameplay videos - beacuse it looks a lot worse than 2k. They want the gamers out there to overlook the graphics - try the game themselves and be left impressed with the controls. I doubt we will see gameplay videos till the demo drops which I guess will be early september.
That's what I was thinking. As well, once EA learned that 2K had Jordan, I'm sure they accepted the reality that this would have a profound impact on their marketing and most likely scaled back the budget. It sounds like they have no employee (2K's Ronnie), PR firm or social media agency handling ANY Elite marketing this year. It seems like the devs themselves have to find the time personally amongst making the game to make videos/write ups/blog articles/etc. This strikes me as VERY odd. It's becoming clearer to me that EA has accepted that the people that are set on buying Elite for its new features will do so anyways and that the amount of money in marketing it would take to counter Jordan is simply not worth it.

# 68 Jano @ 08/26/10 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
That's what I was thinking. As well, once EA learned that 2K had Jordan, I'm sure they accepted the reality that this would have a profound impact on their marketing and most likely scaled back the budget. It sounds like they have no employee (2K's Ronnie), PR firm or social media agency handling ANY Elite marketing this year. It seems like the devs themselves have to find the time personally amongst making the game to make videos/write ups/blog articles/etc. This strikes me as VERY odd. It's becoming clearer to me that EA has accepted that the people that are set on buying Elite for its new features will do so anyways and that the amount of money in marketing it would take to counter Jordan is simply not worth it.
Blackflash83 is there employee but he just hasnt had much to post this year. And the team wanted to do more vids but their main focus has been working on the game.

And one of the biggest reasons why I think 2K has been able to put out so many vids is they have had a presentable build for a while. A lot of EA's stuff has looked real rough, while 2K has had a smooth looking game since the beginning.

Rob Jones said "I would be happy if they released the game today" and that was when the game was still in early development. Where as with EA you could immediately tell that the game was still in early development due to glitches.

2K is just moving at a much faster rate this year then they ever have so now they have more time to put out more vids. Where as EAC is moving at a MUCH slower pace then we are used to from them.

Its like the roles have switch now EAC is "hiding" there game where as 2K is dropping video after video now..

# 69 RIZDRAVER @ 08/26/10 05:12 PM
^^ Makes sense. We're a few days away from September. So this whole "still looking rough" thing isn't going to carry much weight for a whole lot longer. I'm going to hold off any overarching statements about the game until I play the demo for a while. But this Real AI video definitely has me a bit nervous as to the current state of the game. Even if that build was a couple months old, why have 18 foot dunks from a standing position over a defender with no running start? This was the first EA bball game in like 4 years I was actually excited for and I'm starting to get that "let down" feeling creeping in after seeing that done not once, but a few times in that latest vid.

# 70 Jano @ 08/26/10 05:22 PM
Oh yea the early development argument won't work anymore, I used that as more of an example of why the team didn't release vids during that time.

And you're right those dunks were downright ugly but its not something I'm expecting so see whole lot of. I saw things like that in Live 10 vids too but it wasn't commonplace in the actual game especially on higher difficulties.

And one of the devs rEAnimator has said 5 on 5 vids should be coming next week so lets hope that stuff isn't in any of those vids.

# 71 FearlessKaz @ 08/26/10 07:11 PM
Yeah, I dunno if I could live with seeing those kind of dunks happening at all.

I'm all for the total control element, but giving a player the ability to dunk from the free throw line without any forward momentum shouldn't even be a possibility.

# 72 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/26/10 11:46 PM
I will wait for the 5 on 5 videos or the demo.

# 73 ILLSmak @ 08/27/10 12:02 AM
Well...

It depends. I think it's good to have more in depth moves for the computer to do, but it'd have to work a certain way.

If you think about it as a chess game, opposed to having each move individually programmed in, it would have openings... and if that's what it is, that'd be cool. But it would have to know when to break out of the openings and use them as a set up for other counter moves if it's stopped. Would be lame to know KD was going to pump fake and go to the rim and just stand there and take the charge or get him in some contact animation 15 feet from the basket.

I mean, you guys should know what the computer is going to do at all times if you play NBA Live. It's just a matter of stopping it. If they could come out with 'real moves' that were actually something similar to what a player would do (even better, the real NBA player who programmed them in) it would be great.

But if they become overpowered go-to moves that a person can exploit every time... that's bogus. I'd rather it just be something purely for the computer to add some extra flavor.

-Smak

# 74 RIZDRAVER @ 08/27/10 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp
the reason 2k has early vids this time. is because there's nothing really NEW about the game. more animations, better animations. a new mode. still is nothing more then a 2kshare roster with mjay and other teams. just now you can play with a legit one(possibly online also).

the new things are "tweeks" where as nba elite is doing another overhaul. next year if all things are the same. you will see ELITE with pretty graphics EARLY on. you watch. and 2k (if ea does scare them half dead this time) will hold off on vids to do their own overhauling.
Wow, it's blatantly obvious you haven't read ANYTHING about the changes to 2K11 if you really believe that. Both games are going to feel completely different this year.

# 75 YoungG @ 08/27/10 10:30 AM
i think if a dunk from the 46 second mark is going to be in the game, the game needs to understand if theres momentum or not. If no momentum and a gamer accidently does a dunk like that, then it needs to be a rim stuffer everytime.

# 76 ILLSmak @ 08/28/10 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
Wow, it's blatantly obvious you haven't read ANYTHING about the changes to 2K11 if you really believe that. Both games are going to feel completely different this year.
Bet...

-Smak

# 77 mlp111 @ 08/28/10 11:53 AM
Quote:
the reason 2k has early vids this time. is because there's nothing really NEW about the game. more animations, better animations. a new mode. still is nothing more then a 2kshare roster with mjay and other teams. just now you can play with a legit one(possibly online also).

the new things are "tweeks" where as nba elite is doing another overhaul. next year if all things are the same. you will see ELITE with pretty graphics EARLY on. you watch. and 2k (if ea does scare them half dead this time) will hold off on vids to do their own overhauling.
yeah, 2k and elite 11 both built off there older game, nba 2k10 and nba live 10, so your absolutely wrong, elite only redid their physic engine, giving it and overhaul, 2k redid their gameplay and control, which can be greatly seen in the miami gamescom videos, so both games have done some serious work, 2k physics look amazing as well, elite physic are looking good too, so need 5-on-5 gameplay to really see what elite looks and plays like, 2k11 gameplay looks very solid, but not feeling their crowd in the game

# 78 JWiLL02 @ 08/28/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Go check out the new controls trailer, then when you're back from preordering, come on here and apologize.

These clips are extremely discouraging. Monster dunks off of 2 feet, from just inside the FT line, with NO forward momentum? I thought these were supposed to be "real" physics?

I didn't touch 2K for 2 months last year because I was so impressed with Live's movement and responsive controls. IMO they should have just built off that, added more depth of animations (signature, post up, contact, etc) and gone from there. I can see why Mike Wang disagreed with this direction. While I hope it can be a fun, balanced basketball experience, it definitely won't be an "authentic NBA experience".

I'll definitely give the demo a shot, the developers are certainly putting everything they can into this. Good luck!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.