Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 The 24th Letter @ 08/26/10 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
It was Jerebko.

Looking at it again, really the only way that animation should play out would be if Prince had hit Okafor early in the jump. By the time Okafar went as far forward as he did in this instance, his momentum should be taking out most players (and definitely a Tayshaun Prince) while ending in a changed shot and/or foul.
Yeah, just watched it again...I was about to say that was Jerekbo...GOOD...b\c that wouldve been terrible...lol

Honestly im not as concerned with the animation as I am with how Prince got there...

# 22 Tha_Kid @ 08/26/10 09:49 PM
I'd be interested to hear if anything was done with the officiating compared to Live 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Honestly im not as concerned with the animation as I am with how Prince got there...
I agree. I assume it is just being responsive to the user's request to jump forward to challenge the putback and the ugliness of no gather makes it look close to suction. Otherwise, that's the type of stuff that isn't supposed to exist in Elite.

# 23 dirtypuppet @ 08/26/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxB
If it's as fun to play as Live 10 without the sucking animation, Elite it is!
Exactly. For all the flaws of Live 10, I'm still plying it. And if you get an online game against a decent, non-cheesing opponent, it's really fun. So that's what's kind of swaying me to Elite this year. It may look awkward in these videos, but my feeling is that it's going to be a great gameplay experience.

# 24 Bolt957 @ 08/26/10 10:13 PM
Lots of kinks to work out. Guys jumpin in the air like superheroes, but nevertheless, NIIIICCCCEEE collision.

# 25 DGMikeBarker @ 08/26/10 10:35 PM
Best clip yet. There are some problems but it's promising.

# 26 Ermolli @ 08/26/10 10:47 PM
As many people said, best clip but has some problems

# 27 mlp111 @ 08/26/10 10:49 PM
clip was ok, i must say that elite (EA sports) knows how to do crowds and get them involved. 2k needs to learn this from them. Collision was kind of weird, but it will do until i get my hands on the demo. that all i have to say for now.

# 28 mlp111 @ 08/26/10 10:52 PM
2k and elite will suffer from there collision systems this year, in this clip that should have been a foul, in the 2k control video, after D williams shot and got hit with collision, that should have been a foul as well. So i hope they get that together before launch!

# 29 dexvex @ 08/26/10 10:53 PM
man I really wanted to see whatever move cp3 put on the guy to start the clip, love his handles.

But yea overall this clip looks very promising...

# 30 dexvex @ 08/26/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
2k and elite will suffer from there collision systems this year, in this clip that should have been a foul, in the 2k control video, after D williams shot and got hit with collision, that should have been a foul as well. So i hope they get that together before launch!
Sliders should take care of it in both games if its gonna be a problem for you. I for one like it compared to the sissy calls of todays nba but thats just me...

# 31 ehh @ 08/26/10 10:55 PM
Yeah I don't know how there's not a foul on that play, maybe they have the rules turned off for testing purposes. Either way, Okafor is bigger than Prince and has all the momentum advantage in this situation - he should destroy Prince instead of having Prince stop Oak dead in his tracks.

The physics just seem off in everything we've seen so far and based on this video they do not reflect height/weight or momentum that well.

# 32 jorge380 @ 08/26/10 11:28 PM
Good video.

# 33 ParisB @ 08/26/10 11:31 PM
That looked great. Good to see.

Luckily, none of us play games in slow motion with a microscope, so I'm not worried about nitpicking. You can do that to any game, even your favorite ones and start making laundry lists of things "wrong", lol.

Even if this was Live 10 but without suction, but adding the most responsive and deepest control system ever in a basketball game, and RTP, then it will be a day one purchase.

Digging the visuals, controls, and physics.

# 34 Jano @ 08/26/10 11:53 PM
Definitely the best clip so far but still has some issues with it as most of you guys have pointed out. Like the physicalilty in the vid though

# 35 coolcras7 @ 08/27/10 12:14 AM
the collisions still look unrealistic players still just bounce off each other instead of the bigger stronger player having the clear advantage.

edit: Price clearly committed a foul, not sure why the play continued you could have created a more realistic situation to demonstrate a put back dunk you don't have to continue to put in videos with collisions to demonstrate everything.

# 36 NBAfan#5423678976 @ 08/27/10 01:09 AM
That was a pretty bad video to show, especially if your trying to prove the new physics and collisions animations, upside is that putback dunks are back this year, but I'm not a fan of tayshaun pushing okafor off that offensive putback, and no foul, im not having a go at the devs, but come on, i hope thats missing from the game when it's released, it may appear that we are going through these vids with a fine-tooth comb, but if that happened to me in a game, ergh!

# 37 RIZDRAVER @ 08/27/10 02:12 AM
It would seem the highlight of "real physics" would be the collisions. But in all of the videos this is the most glaring issue that looks completely unrealistic. Seems like on contact players just float backwards or out of the way - no sense of momentum, weight, impact, etc.

# 38 NBAfan#5423678976 @ 08/27/10 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
It would seem the highlight of "real physics" would be the collisions. But in all of the videos this is the most glaring issue that looks completely unrealistic. Seems like on contact players just float backwards or out of the way - no sense of momentum, weight, impact, etc.
I agree, okafor takes the collision, is pushed backwards like he is a featherweight, is it too late to change this almost a month out from release? I've noticed 2k11 vids show the floating issue on dunks and rebounds, but nothing on contact/collisions

# 39 MrBallaBoy21 @ 08/27/10 03:16 AM
West jumpin over that dude makes boxing out look real suspect in that clip.

# 40 jr2424 @ 08/27/10 03:47 AM
I don't even think David West can do that by himself, let alone over someone, with two hands off a missed shot. That would be a putback off the glass as a best-case-scenario for West.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.