Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

If the embed doesn't work, click here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 VDusen04 @ 08/26/10 09:52 PM
The court does look a little lighter, as if the Chicago Stadium art was just placed over the current United Center art. I noticed it was referred to as Bulls Arena at the beginning as well. I would guess Chicago Stadium rights might be hard to come by. I also saw a #1 Jones on Chicago during the intro.

Aside from that small stuff, this looks spectacular. An absolute ton of fun will be had by this guy (two thumbs, pointing at me).

# 42 yungflo @ 08/26/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
Good stuff. Disappointing that we have the same two guys doing commentary even for the Jordan games, but not too surprising.
lol i know, bob costas and isiah should have signed exclusively for jordan challenges, or dick stockton. nba on nbc anyone?

lol but its all good.

# 43 reptilexcq @ 08/26/10 09:55 PM
I am impressed with the AI...I almost thought they're human out there with the fake pass and lob ahead for a break away dunk. This is the first time i am impressed with the AI and will be looking forward to playing Association and some other modes.

Also they mentioned about the Legendary mode in which you control only Jordan and that when you're being sub...you have to sit on the bench and watch. I believe i was the one that suggest this feature wayyy back long time ago...i guess it took them 2 or 3 years to put it in there.

# 44 youvalss @ 08/26/10 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFlightBrothers
No sirius intro? wtf why would they put that song in the game without the intro?
I don't know, it's not like we've seen it all in the beginning, there's might be more, or maybe it wasn't there yet for that build. But, of course, there's a chance that you're right.

# 45 RubenDouglas @ 08/26/10 10:12 PM
3 out of 3 dunks so far have been suction slow mo type dunks. so unnatural. It stands out because everything else is so spectacular looking

(last cpu dunk looked great)

# 46 VDusen04 @ 08/26/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Also they mentioned about the Legendary mode in which you control only Jordan and that when you're being sub...you have to sit on the bench and watch. I believe i was the one that suggest this feature wayyy back long time ago...i guess it took them 2 or 3 years to put it in there.
I figured by "watch from the bench" he just meant like My Player mode last year where you watch from "beyond" or can press Y or Triangle to skip to your next appearance.

I also forgot to mention the first time around that those Bulls jerseys looked like they sort of had a shiny font (like the '92 jerseys). Could have just been me though.

I noticed Stacey King, B.J. Armstrong and maybe even Dennis Hopson on the bench during a cut scene. Sweet.

# 47 TreyIM2 @ 08/26/10 10:13 PM
Must be an older build than the Gamescon demo since it doesn't look as smooth. I think I really want this game, though. I can't front on my love of Jordan from back in my Bulls fan days. I want to play these mods regardless of my iso motion dislike.

# 48 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/26/10 10:14 PM
It would be pretty hard to have gotten the sam announcers in this game that did it back in thge early 90's, so i can forgive 2k for that. yea yea shorts still need to be shorter, but i really wish 2k would have player intro's, especially for this Jordan challenge. Thats one of tghe things i remember about Jordans era

# 49 funkefresh @ 08/26/10 10:20 PM
mike,

you guys mentioned that you did your best to fill the rosters with the actual players. what did you guys do to take their place? is #1 jones a product of that?

completely unrelated can we edit legendary rosters?

also, remember how the old maddens allowed you to replace a current roster with a legendary team if you wanted? can we move any of the historical teams into a season?

# 50 nickjames @ 08/26/10 10:21 PM
anyone have a youtube link for this yet? the video loads so slow (especially on my connection) and as some people mentioned earlier in the thread, no ability to skip to the middle of the video

edit: never mind, figured it out. whoo

# 51 Beluba @ 08/26/10 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkefresh
mike,

you guys mentioned that you did your best to fill the rosters with the actual players. what did you guys do to take their place? is #1 jones a product of that?

completely unrelated can we edit legendary rosters?

also, remember how the old maddens allowed you to replace a current roster with a legendary team if you wanted? can we move any of the historical teams into a season?
Yes, for guys we couldn't secure a license for, they were replaced with generics. The classic team rosters ARE editable though so you can put the right guys in... or download someone else's 2K Share roster, which I'm sure there will be plenty of. And yes, you can also take the historical teams into the Association mode. Simballer will be expanding on that at a later time.

# 52 funkefresh @ 08/26/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Yes, for guys we couldn't secure a license for, they were replaced with generics. The classic team rosters ARE editable though so you can put the right guys in... or download someone else's 2K Share roster, which I'm sure there will be plenty of. And yes, you can also take the historical teams into the Association mode. Simballer will be expanding on that at a later time.
thanks man. great news. you really seem to have a classic game here. its pretty crazy how badly elite is getting toasted.

# 53 aloncho11 @ 08/26/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
Loved the video only gripes I have are that the Bulls shorts should be the same length as the Blazers are in the video.

Also it looks like the color is a little off in the wood on the floor of Chicago stadium.
Agree on that buddy.

# 54 VDusen04 @ 08/26/10 10:39 PM
Quote:
More excellent news. The ability to edit makes an awesome mode even awesomner. Very nice to know we'll be able to fill out the rosters correctly on our own.

# 55 ehh @ 08/26/10 10:41 PM
Damn Kersey was beasting out there. These classic teams really won't sink in for me until I get my hands on the game. I've been waiting for something like this in an NBA game for a decade.

# 56 Goffs @ 08/26/10 10:42 PM
Quote:
thats great news! So the CAP system got a bit of an upgrade as well?

# 57 nickjames @ 08/26/10 10:42 PM
I originally thought you could only play as Michael Jordan in these challenges (like My Player mode style), but I'm still definitely excited for this. I think it'll make it a little easier to complete the objectives if you're controlling the entire team, especially with some of the things I've seen from the CPU controlled players on my team in My Player (which I hope is changed this year).

I can't wait to hear how the commentary sounds on this too. Also, the menu for the Jordan Challenges looked really sweet as well, although I saw the 2k Nav is still going to be in the game (saw it come up in the help menu in the bottom corner) unless they change that before release, and I've always been a fan of more traditional menus (although the menu isn't something I really care about haha).

Anyways, me on release day =

# 58 bearschicago @ 08/26/10 10:43 PM
To all those that like little details:

The referees at this time did not have that black stripe at the top of the shirt. This was implemented last season.

I really don't care because PC can mod this and since this is an early build, it may have been fixed.

# 59 aloncho11 @ 08/26/10 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That Portland team was fantastic! Kersey was a beast! Power + athleticism!
Yes he was a beast! If he were playing today he will certainly be a huge match-up problem for Artest or Lebron.

# 60 aloncho11 @ 08/26/10 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I figured by "watch from the bench" he just meant like My Player mode last year where you watch from "beyond" or can press Y or Triangle to skip to your next appearance.

I also forgot to mention the first time around that those Bulls jerseys looked like they sort of had a shiny font (like the '92 jerseys). Could have just been me though.

I noticed Stacey King, B.J. Armstrong and maybe even Dennis Hopson on the bench during a cut scene. Sweet.
Dennis Hopson was not part of the 1992 squad, as he was traded for Bobby Hansen just a few days into the start of the season. Maybe it was another player

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.