NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ehh @ 08/29/10 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
WOW man...had a late realization.....The Blazers are the CPU! lol....those aggresive moves with Porter were ridiculous...

Glad to see such focus on the AI
Exactly 24th. I know a lot of the diehard NBA2K guys on OS never got deep into CH2K8 but their about to see why so many of us make such a big deal about that game and the AI in it. This looks on-par, or better, than CH's AI.

# 82 jd@os @ 08/29/10 09:41 PM
^I could be wrong, but I think I remember the PS3 demo dropping just days before the release of the retail version.

# 83 elprez98 @ 08/29/10 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Exactly 24th. I know a lot of the diehard NBA2K guys on OS never got deep into CH2K8 but their about to see why so many of us make such a big deal about that game and the AI in it. This looks on-par, or better, than CH's AI.
Favorite basketball game of all-time.....so far.

# 84 ehh @ 08/29/10 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Favorite basketball game of all-time.....so far.
No doubt. I'm about 95% sure 2K11 is going to take that crown in the near future though.

# 85 23 @ 08/29/10 10:11 PM
Funny I've never seen you two post together ever..lol

ehh and elprez

anyhow, yeah I saw at least two of those in the video done by MJ

The one where he rode Ewings back and hung, and the one against the Lakers of course

# 86 drewbs @ 08/29/10 10:48 PM
what sort of bothers me. i know this is nitpicking but the blazers have the right shorts and the bulls don't. the bulls' shorts are long and baggy, they look ridiculous. i normally wouldn't care but since the blazers have the right length then why can't the bulls as well?

# 87 blackngoldfan @ 08/29/10 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbs
what sort of bothers me. i know this is nitpicking but the blazers have the right shorts and the bulls don't. the bulls' shorts are long and baggy, they look ridiculous. i normally wouldn't care but since the blazers have the right length then why can't the bulls as well?
Maybe the program code doesn't allow just one guy (Jordan) to have longer shorts than the rest of the team.

# 88 drewbs @ 08/29/10 11:00 PM
but its not like jordan wore shorts that long either.

its not really a big deal, i just think long shorts look horrible. i have no idea why current nba players wear such baggy jerseys and shorts.

also not so sure about jordan's sig free throw. tbh, uncle cliff's ft form looks more like jordan's than jordan's did...

# 89 blackngoldfan @ 08/29/10 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbs
but its not like jordan wore shorts that long either.

its not really a big deal, i just think long shorts look horrible. i have no idea why current nba players wear such baggy jerseys and shorts.
I agree that the shorts should be shorter. You should be able to see above his knees. I think D. Howard is one of the few guys that wears his actual size uni.

# 90 yungflo @ 08/29/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
its cool..but to many dunks for me.
is it just a coincedence that the heat videos happen to be the best looking ones so far? dating back to gamescom? lol still i love this video. imo, i thought it was on pro.

# 91 VDusen04 @ 08/29/10 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
who are the 3 bald white guys on the portland bench?
I've heard this is a relatively early build. From the interviews I've read on the Jordan Challenge, the search for individual retired players rights was and still may be going on as we speak. Those bald fellows are placeholders for real players that are missing (apparently Kevin Duckworth for one). Recently I also read those generic players will be editable so the real player can be placed in.

# 92 yungflo @ 08/29/10 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I agree that the shorts should be shorter. You should be able to see above his knees. I think D. Howard is one of the few guys that wears his actual size uni.
I agree, I like the 90s short, not to short, not too long. This whole saggy baggy jeans is excessive. Blame it on the fab five. but I LOVE their away black socks on black shoes get up lol.

# 93 ehh @ 08/29/10 11:18 PM
It's funny because the Fab Five's shorts weren't THAT bad, most were above/at the knee still.

# 94 JSensui @ 08/29/10 11:28 PM
Gameplay looks fantastic. Animations are gorgeous.

The audio is still bothering me though. The crowd doesn't sound very into it, and the commentary is still pretty dull.

# 95 VDusen04 @ 08/29/10 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
It's funny because the Fab Five's shorts weren't THAT bad, most were above/at the knee still.
Truth. So funny to look at in retrospect. They caught so much grief for those things too, as if longer shorts made them some kind of derelicts. The brashness and trash talking probably didn't help.

# 96 ehh @ 08/29/10 11:32 PM
The funniest thing that used to crack me up about their shorts, and you can see it in that pic on the cover of the book, is that they had two different versions of the same short.

Notice how the M on Jimmy King's shorts are basically in the middle of the shorts, halfway between the waistband and the trim at the bottom near the knee. Most others were like Webber's in the pic, with the M sitting just above the knee trim.

# 97 VDusen04 @ 08/29/10 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The funniest thing that used to crack me up about their shorts, and you can see it in that pic on the cover of the book, is that they had two different versions of the same short.

Notice how the M on Jimmy King's shorts are basically in the middle of the shorts, halfway between the waistband and the trim at the bottom near the knee. Most others were like Webber's in the pic, with the M sitting just above the knee trim.
I don't have the passage off hand, but for some of those guys, the longer shorts had to be jimmied (no pun intended) together by the equipment manager. I don't mean he necessarily hand crafted them, but long shorts like that were not mass produced early on, so it took some extra work to get a version that worked for these guys. I never noticed that difference until you pointed it out though.

# 98 StankonYa @ 08/29/10 11:52 PM
Nice find.....but now i wish wouldn't had seen this, because now i feel like a kid on Dec 24th just waiting ................Oct 5 can't come soon enough.

# 99 ehh @ 08/29/10 11:55 PM
He had like five dunks in that vid! What more do you want lol?

# 100 jfsolo @ 08/30/10 12:00 AM
If I was the Art Director, or who ever is in charge of making the decision, unless I was given a direct order from one of my bosses to fix it, I would give every team from every era long shorts. I wouldn't care how many customers were angry at me, or how anachronistic those teams would look, shorter shorts would be gone for all time. Even Johnny Stockton would be wearing knee length shorts.

No, just no.

Poor Lamar. In this instance Posey FTW.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.