Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

OS'ers jtdribbles25, 23 and Jano have posted their impressions of NBA Elite 11, from their hands-on time with the game at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event.

23 has posted a ton of video from the game on his Youtube channel. I just wanted to gather all of the videos together on one page, to make it easier to find and view.

We appreciate all the work 23, as well as the impressions, all 3 of you have given us.

To view the rest of them (17 in total), head over to 23's Youtube Channel, right here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 23 @ 08/29/10 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
the video was taken from a cell phone, right?
anyways, the player movement doesnt look fluid, I dont know what top make of this?
No..........

# 122 Jano @ 08/29/10 11:15 PM
Was trying to be sarcastic there didn't do a good job of it obviously lol

# 123 RubenDouglas @ 08/29/10 11:28 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out thanks to those that took the time to record, and upload the video. that is no easy task when a new game is right in front of you.

I shall take a wait and see approach. These videos have not shifted my opinion one bit. I realize a ton of factors are at play here.

# 124 jrose57 @ 08/30/10 12:06 AM
If I am the producer of elite or 2k , I would never allow videos of showing ppl who don't know how to play basketball games against the cpu especially NOT user vs user, because if you ask your little boy cousin at 8 years old to play the game, they will play the game bad meaning they will do things that things that are unrealistic, they might use shaq to bring up the ball and try to shoot jumpers, I think is because the user SUCKS thats why the gameplay becomes a complete mess, but I AM disappointed with a lot of things in the game, just the overall players' movement is off, especially the way they jump, that looks really bad...and that boozer dunks, shaq's fadeaway inside paint shot, but I won't say this game is trash just cuz of those videos, gotta try demo myself to tell...

# 125 Jano @ 08/30/10 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
If I am the producer of elite or 2k , I would never allow videos of showing ppl who don't know how to play basketball games against the cpu especially NOT user vs user, because if you ask your little boy cousin at 8 years old to play the game, they will play the game bad meaning they will do things that things that are unrealistic, they might use shaq to bring up the ball and try to shoot jumpers, I think is because the user SUCKS thats why the gameplay becomes a complete mess, but I AM disappointed with a lot of things in the game, just the overall players' movement is off, especially the way they jump, that looks really bad...and that boozer dunks, shaq's fadeaway inside paint shot, but I won't say this game is trash just cuz of those videos, gotta try demo myself to tell...
Was an ugly thing to see but that was all user controlled so it was their decision to do it. Obviously the goal is to give Shaq his own set of sig post moves but for this situation it could have been controlled.

So the user could have chosen to use a more "shaq" like move. Its not like last year where that was one of the only options in the post up.

And hopefully with the Real-AI feature we won't see him shooting fadeaways by the CPU either.

# 126 23 @ 08/30/10 12:20 AM
Shaq shooting fadeaways shouldnt even be in the discussion man.

I dont care how much control you want to have, thats just too much control.

Its not realistic at all.

# 127 Jano @ 08/30/10 12:25 AM
Oh yea it definitely isn't something I like to see either, Shaq (and many other guys) definitely needs his own set of post moves.

Giving players the option to even attempt it is odd for sure, but the fact that we can control it keeps me happy.

And besides they added in a nice set of moves for the power bigs this year so I'm happy that I won't have to be playing with Shaq shooting fadeaways if I don't want to.. Was really frustrating having to do that last year he looked like a punk out ther lol!

# 128 BiggD @ 08/30/10 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I had to laugh at this one...funny stuff

I have to agree, just not liking the way elite 11 is looking at all.
I'm with you guys, big step backwards this year..

# 129 da ThRONe @ 08/30/10 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Shaq shooting fadeaways shouldnt even be in the discussion man.

I dont care how much control you want to have, thats just too much control.

Its not realistic at all.
I dont know why moves should be limited. They should just be unsuccessful. You mean to tell me Shaq couldnt pull off a fadeaway if he wanted to? As long as its user controlled and not the AI Im cool with it.

# 130 23 @ 08/30/10 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont know why moves should be limited. They should just be unsuccessful. You mean to tell me Shaq couldnt pull off a fadeaway if he wanted to? As long as its user controlled and not the AI Im cool with it.
I understand but I dont agree...

Especially after dealing with Live 09 and 10

and just because someone can do something possibly doesnt mean they should

Just because Bynum can do a fadeaway doesnt mean he should've been doing it last year

Fact is you never see the guy doing this stuff

# 131 jrose57 @ 08/30/10 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I forgot to add that to my post above but absolutely. Let the User do what he wants to and when the game is over and he has 19 points for the game let him wonder why. AI doesn't need to be doing any of this unless Shaq winds up with the ball in his hand off a broken play with 1.5 seconds left 18 ft from the rim
Yea thats true, if AI does that I wanna kill myself!

# 132 23 @ 08/30/10 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I understand what you're saying but as I see it you'll only have to deal with it for a quarter and a half because once this dude sees you put a 20 point lead on him in that time he'll be sure to pull the plug and that'll be another name you can add to the "DO NOT PLAY" list.
Animation should be contextual and I can think of more appropriate ones

# 133 TUSS11 @ 08/30/10 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I understand but I dont agree...

Especially after dealing with Live 09 and 10

and just because someone can do something possibly doesnt mean they should

Just because Bynum can do a fadeaway doesnt mean he should've been doing it last year

Fact is you never see the guy doing this stuff
I'm kind of undecided on this issue, but leaning towards your stance on this. It just seems weird to see hook shots from the foul line, Shaq doing fade-aways, etc. Personally it wouldn't effect me, but for a newcomer who just wants to pick up and play it's not going to be appealing to them when they pull off such awkward moves. And their interest in the game may fade quickly if they don't realize it was user error. Stuff like this affects sales directly.

# 134 23 @ 08/30/10 01:25 AM
It wasnt from a phone at all

# 135 jrose57 @ 08/30/10 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
It wasnt from a phone at all
But the quality seems like it...not a good idea to let these guys play the game make us think the game is worse than it acutally is...bad idea to use USERS...

# 136 The 24th Letter @ 08/30/10 01:39 AM
I just hope its not a situation where Shaq is hitting funny looking leaners\fades near the basket b\c his inside rating is high...

Im w\ 23's stance as far a contextual animations

# 137 23 @ 08/30/10 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
But the quality seems like it...not a good idea to let these guys play the game make us think the game is worse than it acutally is...bad idea to use USERS...

LOL alright man... Id love for you to explain to me why the great quality video had Ron Artest jumping from almost the ft line and dunking on Rasheed with no impact is any better.

# 138 Tha_Kid @ 08/30/10 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Animation should be contextual and I can think of more appropriate ones
I agree with this stance. Moreover, I don't see the point in defending the Shaq fadeaway for future iterations.

# 139 jr2424 @ 08/30/10 02:00 AM
There is a level of polish that 2k has that Elite doesn't this year. With Elite adding the new controls and physics, this was expected. I got to play it at E3 and it was raw but it was tough making shots. There is a level of skill to hitting shots and the controls take a lot of time to get used to (especially if you play 2k a lot). This is just not their year, but the demo should show that the shooting does take a great deal of timing and precision.

# 140 VDusen04 @ 08/30/10 02:42 AM
I hop around through the Elite forums every now and again just to get a pulse on what these guys are working on year by year so I apologize in advance if I'm not entirely caught up on the latest news but, what's the story here? I recall NBA Live 10 looking pretty smooth and solid last year. I even recall the demo playing a pretty legit game of basketball. But in all honesty, I saw these Elite 11 videos posted on another website and had to come here to confirm they were not from the Wii or NBA Jam.

So if I may, I have a couple of probably stupid questions:

- Did EA go away from last year's direction or did I not get a good grasp on their product from a season ago? I thought last year was fairly realistic in the way it looked and played. Is this more of an overhaul than say, building on what they did last year?

- How old is this build?

- Are these dunks normal for the NBA Live/Elite series? Again, I don't recall seeing the rocket dunks in the demo last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.