Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

OS'ers jtdribbles25, 23 and Jano have posted their impressions of NBA Elite 11, from their hands-on time with the game at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event.

23 has posted a ton of video from the game on his Youtube channel. I just wanted to gather all of the videos together on one page, to make it easier to find and view.

We appreciate all the work 23, as well as the impressions, all 3 of you have given us.

To view the rest of them (17 in total), head over to 23's Youtube Channel, right here.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Jano @ 08/30/10 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

- Did EA go away from last year's direction or did I not get a good grasp on their product from a season ago? I thought last year was fairly realistic in the way it looked and played. Is this more of an overhaul than say, building on what they did last year?

- How old is this build?

- Are these dunks normal for the NBA Live/Elite series? Again, I don't recall seeing the rocket dunks in the demo last year.
Yep EA changed a lot about the game this year. The main thing being that they got rid of two player animations (canimations) and replaced that with a real time physics system.

Its the main reason why the game looks so crazy, the two player animations kept things in line. Where as now everything is user controlled from the way you play on ball D to the way you dribble.

And yes some of the dunks are normal the rocket ones were in last year but not nearly as terrible as they were in some of the vids. You didnt have players jumping from the freethrow line in the halfcourt setting.

Overall after playing the game I would just say wait on the demo and the dev's videos this week. That way you can get a good idea of how the game should look..

# 142 The Snowman @ 08/30/10 03:38 AM
against the TOS or not this game need some S.O.S

# 143 BiggD @ 08/30/10 08:03 AM
I knew i had seen EA Sports verison of "RTP" before.. looks like they have brought back the dunks and foot planting technology too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0ItuXtAeTc

# 144 Da_Czar @ 08/30/10 08:16 AM
I have a question for the guys who played it. What would your impressions of the game be or would they change if EA was successful a few years ago and bought out 2k.

In other words if this was your only gaming option for nba basketball what would be your impressions of the game ?

Again thanks for the vids and uploading them and the answers to questions.

# 145 Flightwhite24 @ 08/30/10 08:41 AM
Gonna be brutally honest and this is my personal take. The vid's of the gameplay looked like crap.

Hopefully it was the camera shaking but I was not impressed at all. The game looked dumbed down to me and very basic. Can't really put my finger on it but compared to the vids of the other game it's no comparison.

# 146 sportyguyfl31 @ 08/30/10 08:52 AM
I cant get a lot out of this.

It reminds me of the 1st videos I saw out of NCAA.

I thought for sure I was going to hate the game based on those, but I love the final product.

I'll have to see somre more game play footage, and the demo.

# 147 erickonasis @ 08/30/10 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I understand but I dont agree...

Especially after dealing with Live 09 and 10

and just because someone can do something possibly doesnt mean they should

Just because Bynum can do a fadeaway doesnt mean he should've been doing it last year

Fact is you never see the guy doing this stuff
23 they just dont get it...people who think this stuff should be in the game are arcade players or either have no since of what a real NBA game is supposed to be like

# 148 İroke @ 08/30/10 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
23 they just dont get it...people who think this stuff should be in the game are arcade players or either have no since of what a real NBA game is supposed to be like
Well, I'm not that sure.

I'm not an NBA player, but I can do almost every move that you can see in a basketball court (besides dunk easily). I do some moves slowly, but I can definitively pull them off. And again, I'm not even close to be an NBA player.

If you think that Shaq or Bynum can't do a fadeaway, you're wrong. They will probably make 20 or 30% of the shots, but they can do it. It's just that its not in their respective arsenals because they are not effective.

I don't know why you guys don't want freedom at your disposal. I'm all for signature stuff, but if my player does a hook shot when I want a fadeaway jumper, I'm not playing, the CPU is. And I buy games to play, not to watch CPU vs. CPU.

# 149 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/30/10 10:39 AM
WOW, I had such high hopes for this game, watching those videos, the controls look far worse then they have ever looked.

I think after watching those vids and comparing what I saw to the other b.gme, EA may be forced cancel this series too.

# 150 elprez98 @ 08/30/10 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by İroke
Well, I'm not that sure.

I'm not an NBA player, but I can do almost every move that you can see in a basketball court (besides dunk easily). I do some moves slowly, but I can definitively pull them off. And again, I'm not even close to be an NBA player.

If you think that Shaq or Bynum can't do a fadeaway, you're wrong. They will probably make 20 or 30% of the shots, but they can do it. It's just that its not in their respective arsenals because they are not effective.

I don't know why you guys don't want freedom at your disposal. I'm all for signature stuff, but if my player does a hook shot when I want a fadeaway jumper, I'm not playing, the CPU is. And I buy games to play, not to watch CPU vs. CPU.
Sure Shaq can pull off a fade away or a crossover, or Dwight Howard can make 3's, but they don't do that regularly in an NBA game. That would be fine for a street ball game or even an all-star game, but not in a representation of an everyday NBA game.

# 151 VDusen04 @ 08/30/10 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Yep EA changed a lot about the game this year. The main thing being that they got rid of two player animations (canimations) and replaced that with a real time physics system.

Its the main reason why the game looks so crazy, the two player animations kept things in line. Where as now everything is user controlled from the way you play on ball D to the way you dribble.

And yes some of the dunks are normal the rocket ones were in last year but not nearly as terrible as they were in some of the vids. You didnt have players jumping from the freethrow line in the halfcourt setting.

Overall after playing the game I would just say wait on the demo and the dev's videos this week. That way you can get a good idea of how the game should look..
I appreciate the speedy feedback.

# 152 HoosierDaddy @ 08/30/10 12:04 PM
OK. I can only speak on what I've seen so far from my time at community day and these early videos that have surfaced. Two completely different games. Due to the controls being put in the user's hands now, it was only a matter of time before arcade noobs get their hands on the controls and start playing this way. From the gameplay I experienced and the amount of footage that we saw in the dev area, the game looks nothing like this with sim-heads playing.

That being said, I'm curious to find out which difficulty these videos were played on. It's been said that the speed of the game has been toned down, that was a major complaint I had while I was there, as well as many of the other community guys, and multiple devs have re-assured me that they did indeed turn down the game speed. Now the issue becomes, where's the balance between user-control and speed of the game. Honestly, these videos didn't look very good, at all, so I'm anxiously awaiting some devs to release some simulation style videos that display the awesome control I personally experienced while visiting EAC.

# 153 23 @ 08/30/10 12:16 PM
It was pro and I dont remember it looking that fast while we were watching, but it wasnt super slow either.

The dunks and stuff were definitely how they looked. Now those two kids though, they had no issues with control at all FYI. Guys just werent running plays,thats all.

I ran a couple of pick and rolls after JT told me what button it was, but I couldnt record myself, plus I only played half a game if that.

# 154 da ThRONe @ 08/30/10 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I understand but I dont agree...

Especially after dealing with Live 09 and 10

and just because someone can do something possibly doesnt mean they should

Just because Bynum can do a fadeaway doesnt mean he should've been doing it last year

Fact is you never see the guy doing this stuff
This year the whole NBA Elite theme has been user actually controling every aspect of the game. Why then would they limit what it is you can do as the user?

# 155 23 @ 08/30/10 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
This year the whole NBA Elite theme has been user actually controling every aspect of the game. Why then would they limit what it is you can do as the user?
Who said limit you? I said I dont agree with the context. At some point realism also has to be taken into account.

Not just give me control to do anything... You see the reaction to Boozer doing his best Dr J impression. You're telling me you liked that because it was controllable?

# 156 HoosierDaddy @ 08/30/10 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Who said limit you? I said I dont agree with the context. At some point realism also has to be taken into account.

Not just give me control to do anything... You see the reaction to Boozer doing his best Dr J impression. You're telling me you liked that because it was controllable?
Another issue I had while I was there. Most of these dunks from that far out are just need to be scrapped. No one can do those dunks in that context. However, it's user-controlled whether or not you try those dunks, you can just as easily choose to do a layup animation - my beef is that you even have the option. Pared and I talked in detail about this.

# 157 phant030 @ 08/30/10 12:47 PM
I liked NBA Live 10 a lot. But, I'm disappointed as of right now. Hopefully, the game ends up being fun. I definitely can say my opinion right now is that it's not worth $60, even w/ NBA jam added. The demo and difficulty levels can change my mind, but it's not looking good.

# 158 Da_Czar @ 08/30/10 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
We would be in the same boat we are with Madden...A sub par product with no options to play anything else...Its Cyber Football Purgatory courtesy of EA.

At least we have options with the NBA 2k11 and NBA Elite
Thanks Swag but the point of my question was to see if Elite is more tolerable because they don't have to rely on it. I am all for competition. In that sense we as a basketball community would be better off is Elite sold well this year. It would keep both companies with their foot on the gas.

If you guys recall after I came back from that community event I was saying how with everything in the users hands the game can look really good or really bad. That is why I say hold off until you play it of course but also see guys playing it who can really play.

To me its not a pick up and in 5 minutes you have it cold type of game. It takes 15 minutes to kind of get your bearings and even longer to start really knowing what your doing. So any video of people new to the game is going to look a little crazy.

Once you play it you will understand. Both players are totally disconnected. It feels crazy only time will tell if that is the feeling we should be looking for.

If the game can look that bad then its possible the opposite is also true.. that is can look dam good also. I just hope it doesn't take an abnormal level of stick skill to make it look better.

I also brought up how you will probably only want to play against people who are at your skill level. Because just like at the park or the gym if a guy can't play he REALLY can't play in elite....LOL

I look forward to getting in a practice mode of some sort and seeing what this baby can do.

Definitely not impressed with the "physics" I don't think the players in the video had a negative effect on that. For all the touting they have done and all the blitz on no canned animations some of those collisions or lack there of where just bad.

But there were some that were pretty darn sweet too. I just don't know if they can deliver enough sweet to balance out the sour.

And my question for Elite is will anyone still be playing this game after 30 days ? That is the real test in my mind for this series. Its been awhile since the elite forums were alive past mid november.

# 159 da ThRONe @ 08/30/10 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

The difference is Boozer cant dunk from the FT line while Shaq can shoot a fadeaway. So those two are not comparable.

My problem with the Shaq fadeaway 1st it went in and second it's was way to smooth for him. It should have been way more awkward.

# 160 MJ23Sebastian @ 08/30/10 01:07 PM
Wow that sucked... really... bad!....thank goodness for nba 2k

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.