Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

ESPN Videogames' Jon Robinson, has posted some more NBA 2K11 information. Including new alley-oop controls, the Jordan Challenge set at 8 minutes and NBA approved hard fouls.

Quote:
"Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.

Jordan Challenge quarter length is 8 minutes.

Classic teams are all available to play as in Exhibition games right out of the box. You don't need to beat them in Jordan Challenge in order to play as them.

There are NBA-approved hard fouls in the game. No fighting, but players will get dragged down as the defender tries to prevent you from getting your shot off."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jd@os @ 08/30/10 06:41 PM
Best NBA press conference of all time...

# 42 ClutchCity @ 08/30/10 06:41 PM
I know it is very unfortunate to play 8 min. a quarter for hardcore basketball sim fans in the Jordan Challenge mode. But its a Challenge and that's why I think the developers decided to set this amount of time for 2kgamers. I think the alley-opp button changing wasn't a major concern to me, but the fact that you can play with retro teams is what got me anxious to play. Aww man this may be the greatest basketball game ever released.

# 43 CaCHooKa Man @ 08/30/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman
I wonder what the hard fouls are going to look like, and what kind of emotion will the game display as a result of a hard foul
probably how they were like in street ball

5:24 in

# 44 ffaacc03 @ 08/30/10 06:55 PM
If there are any license problems with players from classic teams, 2k just needs to make generic players with no resemblance at all with those players, not even positions, height or anything ... but "totally" editable (profile, name, ratings, everything) so we can create the correct ones by our own.

As we have read, they couldnt get "all" the players that were on those teams and as we have already seen in the videos, 2k did add some generic players to fill those spots.

So its more a matter of determination than a matter of a legal restriction. Please 2k bring us those ´93 Suns.

Pandoras box has been opened and having official classic teams will entice the creation of more of them and to undoubtly help and please the users to achieve that, please give us the tools we need, like:

- We need expanded team uniforms and logos customization as NHL 2k or/and
- Please let us assign "any" of the existing jerseys to created teams ... let us have a created team use a retro bulls jersey for example (if the jersey is in the game, let us have it).
- Also, let us make custom jerseys on a basic and easy level: just let us put and reflect the name of the team in the jerseys and choose the unis colors ... even if it is a generic jersey design ... that, apart from an expanded predetermine list of logo options. I mean, if we do custom jerseys we cant have logos and viceversa ... ideally, we would have both, but that would require to invest more time and resources.
- Let us pick one of the existing cities as hometown, let the announcer pronounce that city name in replace of the team name (as I know it would be difficult to have a prerecorded list of imaginary names for teams).
- We need a huge base of names to be pronounced in the game if assigned to a created or modified player.

# 45 TheFuture94 @ 08/30/10 07:12 PM
They had to have learned from last year with My player so I'd assume that you can change the number of minutes per quater. I just hope you can change the difficulty and sliders aswell.

# 46 rhein77 @ 08/30/10 07:23 PM
That would of been awesome if somehow they would of got the 93 Suns in the game. They had some great players on that squad. I would of loved to play with KJ, Richard Dumas, Thunder Dan and most importantly Charles Barkley.

Despite the Suns not making it in the game, this mode is still going to be a blast!!!!

# 47 NINJAK2 @ 08/30/10 07:26 PM
"There are NBA-approved hard fouls in the game. No fighting, but players will get dragged down as the defender tries to prevent you from getting your shot off."

My favorite quote from the article. I can't wait to knock cheesers who try to dunk all game to the hardwood.

# 48 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/30/10 07:33 PM
Man I'm looking forward to trying to beat Jordan challenges in the game. It is going be tough and it will take a while I tell you that much. But can't wait to do it.

# 49 Rocboyz101 @ 08/30/10 07:46 PM
Gonna be absolutely killing Lebron when he does that little hesitation and drives head first...Lopez FTW.

# 50 Jason Carter @ 08/30/10 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
8 min quarters? I would have to shoot w/ Jordan just about every time down the court to put up 35 in one half.
Thats basically what he did anyway lol

# 51 green94 @ 08/30/10 08:08 PM
Very disappointing if you can only play 8 min quarters... I always play on 12 min and so do ALL NBA teams!

Loved the article, sans that part, and hearing that your stamina drops on the flu game is an awesome touch.

# 52 green94 @ 08/30/10 08:09 PM
Maybe Mike can clarify what the options are for quarter length in TJC.

# 53 ProtoPunch @ 08/30/10 08:18 PM
Gotta be user-editable. With the flak over My Player mode in 2K10 I'm surprised they would remove the option from the user and force 8 min quarters in MJ mode no matter what.

# 54 HotSauce2k3 @ 08/30/10 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
probably how they were like in street ball

5:24 in

This also happened in full 5-on-5 NBA games... you couldn't really control it though... probably turbo+shot contest would influence it.

# 55 green94 @ 08/30/10 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoPunch
Gotta be user-editable. With the flak over My Player mode in 2K10 I'm surprised they would remove the option from the user and force 8 min quarters in MJ mode no matter what.
Agreed, let's hope so.

# 56 funkefresh @ 08/30/10 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscrutch
We some fighting or finna fight get give them a technical or losing they cool for 1
ive always been convinced they should tie technicals to the move/wii style controller. if theres a violent controller shake right after a foul, a tech should be called.

# 57 funkefresh @ 08/30/10 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
If there are any license problems with players from classic teams, 2k just needs to make generic players with no resemblance at all with those players, not even positions, height or anything ... but "totally" editable (profile, name, ratings, everything) so we can create the correct ones by our own.

As we have read, they couldnt get "all" the players that were on those teams and as we have already seen in the videos, 2k did add some generic players to fill those spots.

So its more a matter of determination than a matter of a legal restriction. Please 2k bring us those ´93 Suns.

Pandoras box has been opened and having official classic teams will entice the creation of more of them and to undoubtly help and please the users to achieve that, please give us the tools we need, like:

- We need expanded team uniforms and logos customization as NHL 2k or/and
- Please let us assign "any" of the existing jerseys to created teams ... let us have a created team use a retro bulls jersey for example (if the jersey is in the game, let us have it).
- Also, let us make custom jerseys on a basic and easy level: just let us put and reflect the name of the team in the jerseys and choose the unis colors ... even if it is a generic jersey design ... that, apart from an expanded predetermine list of logo options. I mean, if we do custom jerseys we cant have logos and viceversa ... ideally, we would have both, but that would require to invest more time and resources.
- Let us pick one of the existing cities as hometown, let the announcer pronounce that city name in replace of the team name (as I know it would be difficult to have a prerecorded list of imaginary names for teams).
- We need a huge base of names to be pronounced in the game if assigned to a created or modified player.
mike already said you can edit names to correct their generics

# 58 BiggD @ 08/30/10 09:23 PM
The gift that just keeps giving..

great work 2k !!

# 59 mikenoob @ 08/30/10 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauce2k3
This also happened in full 5-on-5 NBA games... you couldn't really control it though... probably turbo+shot contest would influence it.
I thought it was stated earlier, it was done by holding turbo (or left trigger?) and flick the right stick towards the ball carrier.

# 60 Eman5805 @ 08/30/10 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Barkley's a bitch. He prob didnt want to be in it because he didnt want relive the days of not winning a championship and getting schooled by Jordan.
Yeah, sounds about right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.