Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

ESPN Videogames' Jon Robinson, has posted some more NBA 2K11 information. Including new alley-oop controls, the Jordan Challenge set at 8 minutes and NBA approved hard fouls.

Quote:
"Alley-oop controls changed to LT+B this year (was LT+A) to help avoid accidental tosses while running with turbo and simply trying to pass.

Jordan Challenge quarter length is 8 minutes.

Classic teams are all available to play as in Exhibition games right out of the box. You don't need to beat them in Jordan Challenge in order to play as them.

There are NBA-approved hard fouls in the game. No fighting, but players will get dragged down as the defender tries to prevent you from getting your shot off."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MrMayface @ 08/31/10 11:58 AM
Has anyone mentioned or heard whether we will be able to draft other players onto teams like Jordan? Or if we can add the classic players to the Free Agent list?

# 82 aloncho11 @ 08/31/10 12:08 PM
Nice news about the hard fouls. But it would be awesome to have the option to change the quarter length in in the Jordan Challenge.

# 83 NINJAK2 @ 08/31/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Haha, that quote's hilarious.

But on a serious note, I'm also a big fan of old school basketball (and the brawls) but I totally and completely understand the moves the NBA has made to "soften" the game. As entertaining as it was to watch over-the-top hard fouls and fights, they were actually dangerous. It would have been inexcusable for the league to just let things stay status quo and not attempt to curb the violence.

The Rodman foul at 3:10 of this clip is an example. The NBA couldn't go on rolling like this (Rodman throwing Pippen into the stands, stitches to Pippen as a result). Sometimes a flagrant foul just isn't enough.

I love how MJ called them his "supporting cast". How about just calling them your "teammates" Mike?

Are those new Kobe's made out of authentic black mamba skin?

# 84 joel0078 @ 08/31/10 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I love how MJ called them his "supporting cast". How about just calling them your "teammates" Mike?

Are those new Kobe's made out of authentic black mamba skin?

Since you roamed from the topic at hand, I'll throw my 2 cents in too......I'd say "Supporting cast" is just as much of an acceptable description for any star player to use, as the word "teammate". He's the "star of the show" and his teammates are his "supporting cast". Nothing wrong with that comparison. Jordan knew what time it was and in case you missed it all those years he played, he WAS as cocky as they come! He was the best and he knew it.

# 85 NINJAK2 @ 08/31/10 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Since you roamed from the topic at hand, I'll throw my 2 cents in too......I'd say "Supporting cast" is just as much of an acceptable description for any star player to use, as the word "teammate". He's the "star of the show" and his teammates are his "supporting cast". Nothing wrong with that comparison. Jordan knew what time it was and in case you missed it all those years he played, he WAS as cocky as they come! He was the best and he knew it.
People posted the MJ video and Kobe's kicks in this thread and I responded to both. If you would be ok with someone referring to you as the "supporting cast" in a TEAM sport then I can't help you see my point of view. If outsiders looking in want to call them that fine. I would think that even if MJ believed that to be true, I think it's a little disrespectable in a sense to call them that in public when in fact they are all in the foxhole with you. In other words he went out of his way to seperate himself from his teammates when he didn't really have to (People already acknowledge he is better without that)Just my $.02. Respond to me PM if you have anything further to say. No disrespect.

# 86 wolfbeard @ 08/31/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
People posted the MJ video and Kobe's kicks in this thread and I responded to both. If you would be ok with someone referring to you as the "supporting cast" in a TEAM sport then I can't help you see my point of view. If outsiders looking in want to call them that fine. I would think that even if MJ believed that to be true, I think it's a little disrespectable in a sense to call them that in public when in fact they are all in the foxhole with you. In other words he went out of his way to seperate himself from his teammates when he didn't really have to (People already acknowledge he is better without that)Just my $.02. Respond to me PM if you have anything further to say. No disrespect.
It would make my day if Michael Jordan ever referred to me as his supporting cast, but that's probably why I'm not in the NBA.

# 87 yungflo @ 08/31/10 04:48 PM
I disagree. Everyone knew they are the supporting cast. Whats the first thing Artest did when he won the championship? He thanked Kobe for putting him on. The know the leader of their team. They know who the leader is. If I think I'm better than Kobe(and I'm not) then I would be cool. Mike is mike lol.

However, If I'm Kobe and shaq's calls me his supporting cast, I think you have the right to be upset.

# 88 joel0078 @ 08/31/10 06:53 PM
[quote=yungflo;2041539748]I disagree. Everyone knew they are the supporting cast. Whats the first thing Artest did when he won the championship? He thanked Kobe for putting him on. The know the leader of their team. They know who the leader is. If I think I'm better than Kobe(and I'm not) then I would be cool. Mike is mike lol.

Exactly. It's a metaphorical comparison. Not a big deal. Anyways, back on topic................

# 89 NEW_ORLEANS @ 08/31/10 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Thanks for posting, nice info.

I thought this mode would be 12-minute quarters. To score 63 points in a 8-minute quarter game will be a cheeser's dream. And what about 69 points?
If you check out some old MJ footage you will see how pretty much he was the team.

# 90 jd@os @ 08/31/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
...If you would be ok with someone referring to you as the "supporting cast" in a TEAM sport then I can't help you see my point of view. If outsiders looking in want to call them that fine. I would think that even if MJ believed that to be true, I think it's a little disrespectable in a sense to call them that in public when in fact they are all in the foxhole with you. In other words he went out of his way to seperate himself from his teammates when he didn't really have to (People already acknowledge he is better without that)Just my $.02...
Breaking News:
The truth hurts.

MJ told the truth. The truth hurts. We have indeed become a nation of wussies. It's like with kids: I absolutely hate when a kid who rides the bench thinks he's gonna be a pro athlete, when a kid who hates school and reading swears he's gonna be a lawyer, and when a kid who makes Ds and Fs in science just knows he's gonna be a doctor. We're too soft; instead of being real with these kind of kids, we tell them they can become these things. If an actor is THE star of a movie, he should have no problem referring to his co-stars as his supporting cast. Same goes for MJ...

# 91 youvalss @ 08/31/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW_ORLEANS
If you check out some old MJ footage you will see how pretty much he was the team.
Yeah, but we still need to dish some asists along with the scoring.

# 92 jfsolo @ 08/31/10 09:01 PM
The challenges that require us to score 60 plus with Mike are going to be really, really tough for me. With 12 minutes I knew that I was going to have a difficult time accomplishing those goals, with 8 minutes I may not be able to get it done.

I'm like pathologically adverse to shooting with any player more then 25 times in a game. In all the years I've been playing basketball games, I don't think I've ever even scored 40 points with any one player.

I'm going to feel guilty hoisting up 40, 50 shots with Mike, even when I'm using that scruby 1986 team, lol.

# 93 green94 @ 08/31/10 09:21 PM
No news on whether or not we can change quarter length?

# 94 allBthere @ 09/01/10 12:37 AM
I always loved Shawn Kemp.

I can't wait to slam it on peeps with him, and especially with the classic teams I can get the glove to feed him alley-oops in their correct supersonic jersey's. Very cool.

I'm way more interested in those teams than current ones...imo that was a true golden age of pro basketball - today has nothing on the early to mid 90s.

Let it rain.

# 95 domidomdomz @ 09/01/10 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
No news on whether or not we can change quarter length?
Ronnie said it will be addressed by the end of this week. He said that on his Facebook account.

# 96 kb2310 @ 09/01/10 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I am actually more (or equally pumped about) playing as 'Nique. I cannot wait to mess around with some of these old school squads!
I really could careless about nique for the simple fact that he has been in 2k since 2k5 or whatever

# 97 KyotoCarl @ 09/01/10 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW_ORLEANS
Depends on how far back you go. If you're talking about the 80's, sure, but not during the 90's. Then it was more a team effort, especially 95-98.

# 98 VDusen04 @ 09/01/10 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2310
I really could careless about nique for the simple fact that he has been in 2k since 2k5 or whatever
I'll be interested to see how customized Dominique turns out to be this year. In years past, he's been in 2K, but he's felt vaguely generic. I'd like to see his dunks.

# 99 flykid95 @ 09/02/10 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I am actually more (or equally pumped about) playing as 'Nique. I cannot wait to mess around with some of these old school squads!
werd ppl 4get about him but im pumped about playin wid the bad boys since they added even harder fouls

# 100 aloncho11 @ 09/02/10 06:29 PM
If you play with the '96 Sonics in a quick game or Association. You get to play in Key Arena.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.