Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The 2K Sports Facebook page has released the first details of NBA 2K11's My Player Mode.

Quote:
"In this year's My Player mode, the game doesn’t end after the final buzzer. In NBA 2K11 you gotta take the podium for your own post-game press conferences. But watch what you say, your answers can earn you admiration or get you run out of town. Will you claim all the glory or will you praise your coaches?"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 scatman @ 08/30/10 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
To me, that shot in game 1 of the 1997 Finals, is still the most perfect shot ever taken by a basketball player. From all of his shots, this is my favorite.

Number's 4 & 5 are some of my favs but really, what Jordan game winner don't we all like lol....

# 62 BiggD @ 08/30/10 09:26 PM
Can i blame the loss of the referee's and get fined? lol

# 63 scatman @ 08/30/10 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Can i blame the loss of the referee's and get fined? lol
lmao oh man that would be effin awesome....I really wonder what the limits will be. I wonder if this will also be a way to demand trades or playing time?

# 64 rockets21 @ 08/30/10 09:57 PM
I'd like to anounce my retirement like brett farve

# 65 Eclipso @ 08/30/10 10:16 PM
Another reason I dont think I will have time to play anything else this winter..

# 66 DubTrey1 @ 08/30/10 10:20 PM
Nice, now I hope that there is a more robust player editor this year so the created players don't look so out of place vs the real players.

# 67 blues rocker @ 08/30/10 10:25 PM
My Player will be cool...it's basically like an RPG for basketball. the more depth they add to it the better.

# 68 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/30/10 10:34 PM
Can I tell the reporter that "I don't give a ****" if I'm on Live TV like Shaq did?

# 69 Hassan Darkside @ 08/30/10 10:42 PM
I wonder if we can criticize officials in the press conferences too...

I hope this isn't one of those mindless add-ons where there's a definitive right answer and definitive wrong answer and the right always yields positive results while the wrong always yields negative results. There should be a little trade off with each.

# 70 yungflo @ 08/30/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
And the picture to go with it..

lol this is sony's nba 06: the life!

hopefully better implemented though

# 71 VoIsAsian @ 08/30/10 11:12 PM
Does that mean we can bring champagne bottles to the table if we win the Finals?

# 72 Rocky @ 08/30/10 11:25 PM

Somethin like this has to be in there lol.

And 2K did kinda jack this from Sony's game, but ey who cares?

# 73 domidomdomz @ 08/30/10 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoIsAsian
Does that mean we can bring champagne bottles to the table if we win the Finals?
and Wheaties.

# 74 illmatic174 @ 08/30/10 11:43 PM
Hopefully i wont have to complain about my coach pulling me in and out throughout the last 2 minutes

# 75 SimBaller @ 08/30/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I hope this isn't one of those mindless add-ons where there's a definitive right answer and definitive wrong answer and the right always yields positive results while the wrong always yields negative results. There should be a little trade off with each.
Make sure and read the forthcoming developer insight on the subject. It's give-and-take.

# 76 Jonesy @ 08/30/10 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic174
Hopefully i wont have to complain about my coach pulling me in and out throughout the last 2 minutes
Or why as a 59 rated 5'11 PG I am starting over Chris Paul and then being subbed in at SF to guard Carmelo?

But seriously this looks great, any way of adding more depth to an already fun mode is fine by me!

# 77 Uncle Stumpy @ 08/31/10 12:16 AM
I hate basketball, but it's stuff like this that makes me intrigued...this is the step they need to start taking in career mode

# 78 Eman5805 @ 08/31/10 12:47 AM
If eloquently done, this could enhance or detract from the experience. For instance, if you skip it, it's like you're a "I don't do post games" kinda player and maybe you get fined or something.

I also wonder how the 2K insider will be implemented again. I hope we never get more comments like "Your man dropped all those points on you (12). How does that make you feel?(Pretty good.)"

Man, I haven't been this hyped for a game in a while, and I've rarely been disappointed either, cuz I'm real selective on what gets me hype. Thankfully with classes starting back up for me, the days will pass a lil bit quicker.

# 79 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/31/10 12:51 AM
i wonder if its like you have to earn the spotlight. i dont want my guy to do a post game press conference, if he is a bench warmer.

# 80 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 08/31/10 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tactic
They should add fighting to the game =). I would love to be a SF and punch Lebron In the face for dunking on me. Then ill be doing an interview about y I did that and ill reply...."Well, First off he dunked on me, second why are we talking about fighting. We not talking about the game, not the game, we talking about fighting."
There will never be fighting in a NBA video game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.