Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Just in case you missed the Operation Sports Radio Show #2 with Chris Sanner and Senior Staff Writer, Christian McLeod. It was announced that we could possibly see NCAA Football 11 patch #3 as early as this week.

You can catch the replay of the show, right here.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bucknut7 @ 09/01/10 09:19 AM
what is this depth chart problem you all speak of?

# 22 Eddert @ 09/01/10 09:19 AM
Oh, I do have a valid reason. Literally my game disc does not work. Doesn't appear to be scratched. Just doesn't work. My disc just might be faulty though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwg1970
How is your game not working? If you're going to bitch... at least do it for a valid reason.

It would be nice if they gave a general overview of what they were looking at patching. If it's a possibility that the patch will be out this week, then I would assume what is being fixed has already been decided.

# 23 Herky @ 09/01/10 09:51 AM
I'm on the verge of starting a dynasty so if this can somehow come out this week I'd be elated. I almost started it yesterday but might hold out to see if it's released soon.

Isn't Tuesday's and Thursday's when patches come out?

# 24 COACH WEBB @ 09/01/10 09:55 AM
I hope they fixed the play action plays. Its IMPOSSIBLE to run one against the CPU without being sacked as soon as you fake the ball. Also, the slide protection needs to be fixed. I can't slide to pick up an outside blitz with out the NT running 10000 miles an hour to sack me and make me fumble. The man coverage needs to be tweaked..its crazy how when I play man, my TOP corner gets beat the MAJORITY of the time.

I've been playing a dynasty and those are my biggest gripes right now.

# 25 Dice @ 09/01/10 10:04 AM
Will the kick/punt return blocking be fixed?

# 26 Sundown2600 @ 09/01/10 10:31 AM
I'm hoping for a depth chart fix and I'm not sure if the WR recruits having a low elusiveness rating in dynasties has been addressed at all. I won't start a proper dynasty until the last patch comes out. This game is really, really good we just need a few more tweaks, but as it is with any computer/electronic infrastructure once a patch is sent it usually screws up something else in the system. That's just real life across the board not just video game patches.

And yes to the guy above me I agree. Special teams is 1/3 of a football gameplan and it's unacceptable that special teams have not been very exciting or impactful with these new gen games. Towards the end of the PS2 years there was a special teams camera. High snaps on field goals which allowed for random blocks. Better blocking on returns for the HUM and CPU. Overall special teams have been a huge disappointment and it's time EA got that right.

# 27 pdiehm @ 09/01/10 10:40 AM
I supersim all special teams. tends to get me more yards than if I played them.

# 28 ehh @ 09/01/10 10:41 AM
Cautiously optimistic for this. EA has been real quiet since the second tuner, hopefully they've been hard at work finding fixes for the glaring issues and will surprise everyone.

But of course, as others were joking about, it is a legitimate concern that this will fix five things and break three new things. Fingers crossed...

# 29 bh446066 @ 09/01/10 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russwg1970
How is your game not working? If you're going to bitch... at least do it for a valid reason.

It would be nice if they gave a general overview of what they were looking at patching. If it's a possibility that the patch will be out this week, then I would assume what is being fixed has already been decided.
I'll answer that. The cpu cannot run the ball effectively on AA, regardless of what you do to the settings/gameplan/sliders. Also, they cannot stop the run. The cpu can't stop the intermediate passing game. There's the well documented glitches regarding depth charts/scheduling/pump fakes. That, in my humble opinion, is "not working...not at all." If the level you prefer to play on is not functional, then the game is broken.

# 30 DJ @ 09/01/10 11:04 AM
I really hope that the zone defenses are going to be addressed. It's annoying now that I have to call man-to-man pretty much the entire game b/c if I call a zone, the CPU will rip off big plays pretty much every time.

# 31 COACH WEBB @ 09/01/10 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I supersim all special teams. tends to get me more yards than if I played them.
Oh man!

I would love to return a punt more than 5 yards without the gunners smashing me soon as I catch the ball. Also, EVERYTIME and I mean EVERYTIME, I've returned a kickoff on the CPU, they called it back for holding or clipping!

# 32 ndfan1993 @ 09/01/10 11:13 AM
I just hope they do their best and don't introduce anything else new as this is likely the last patch we will see for '11. I will be starting my dynasty this Friday and while I would love for their to be this patch out by then I would rather them take the time and get it right.

# 33 dalecooper @ 09/01/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH WEBB
Oh man!

I would love to return a punt more than 5 yards without the gunners smashing me soon as I catch the ball. Also, EVERYTIME and I mean EVERYTIME, I've returned a kickoff on the CPU, they called it back for holding or clipping!

Actually that seems pretty realistic, at least compared to the last couple NFL seasons...

# 34 jello1717 @ 09/01/10 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
I just hope they do their best and don't introduce anything else new as this is likely the last patch we will see for '11. I will be starting my dynasty this Friday and while I would love for their to be this patch out by then I would rather them take the time and get it right.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but if the patch could possibly be out this week, then this means that EA has already finished with it and delivered it to Sony/M$. I think that means that they've been finished with the patch for at least a week.

# 35 Solidice @ 09/01/10 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I'll answer that. The cpu cannot run the ball effectively on AA, regardless of what you do to the settings/gameplan/sliders. Also, they cannot stop the run. The cpu can't stop the intermediate passing game. There's the well documented glitches regarding depth charts/scheduling/pump fakes. That, in my humble opinion, is "not working...not at all." If the level you prefer to play on is not functional, then the game is broken.
by those standards, nearly every game ever made is "broken". you must hate playing video games.

# 36 MichaelE4 SS @ 09/01/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
-Depth Charts
-Pump Fake
-Schedules
If they fix all these I will be elated. The Depth Chart issue is the most important one for me. It would also be nice if they patched in the correct schedules because the are so many mistakes and omissions with certain teams.

# 37 Ramminyou @ 09/01/10 12:55 PM
The thing I most want fixed is the crappy CPU playcalling on D. Sadly I doubt that's been addressed at all. I'm not even sure if it can be at this point.

# 38 ThreeGreen @ 09/01/10 01:13 PM
What is/was the problem with Deprh Charts and Schedules? Newbie here.

# 39 erickonasis @ 09/01/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeGreen
What is/was the problem with Deprh Charts and Schedules? Newbie here.
they sometimes place players out of position or rating as well....I personally dont care about this issue but i have no idea what the schedule problem is

# 40 johnnyg713 @ 09/01/10 01:26 PM
I believe this is the last patch that is going to be released for NCAA11 so hopefully it gets everyone we all complain about. I remember reading somewhere that developers are only allowed a certain number of patches to a game before having to actually pay out of their pocket for another update.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.