Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

NBA ELITE 11 is back with the first of two gameplay videos featuring 5 on 5 action. This video is a user vs. user matchup with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on NBA Community Manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah (also known as blackflash83 on the forums) . The game is being played on a Pre-final build with some tuning left to do but it provides a good representation of how the game will play once you developed your skills with the new Hands-On control.

Be sure to check out some of the quick plays being called during half court offensive sequences (press X on the 360 to begin a quick play or the Square button on PS3) and the importance of playing the passing lanes as balls can get deflected. You have complete control this year in NBA ELITE 11.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 coolcras7 @ 09/01/10 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
And I don't see ANY FAST BREAKS AT ALL, I am worried the players will stop at the middle of the court like last year, please let me know thats not the case this year, and I WANT SHORTER SEASON IN DYNASTY, I M NOT GIVING UP ON THIS!
There was a few instances where there was fast break opportunities but the User just stopped and waited for the defense to catch up to him.

# 42 BiggD @ 09/01/10 11:49 PM
the Good

1/Pace is alot better(although its user Vs user, so that would be on purpose)
2/ Off ball screens look good

the Bad

1/no flow to the game
2/A LOT of "skating" and travels
3/ Is this really Mike Breen???? sounds nothing like him
4/Players seem to be "floating in mid air" like there waiting for a collison
5/Arena Sounds are identical to last year, same chants and everything
6/graphics seem to have taken a hit

Overall, still not impressed and to be honest was really hoping for ALOT from the presentation side. This is just a classic case of a game sounding good on paper yet it fails to deliver on its potential

Video score from me 4/10

# 43 Tha_Kid @ 09/01/10 11:50 PM
I want to see User v CPU or CPU v CPU next.

# 44 jlbrown143 @ 09/01/10 11:50 PM
wow....it's like watching what happens when you let someone take over something that they should not have ever touched in the first place..

the graphics are just very ordinary and for lack of a better description dated...definitely looks like a couple of steps back....i have to admit I was a little excited about all the stuff I was reading that live was trying to do for this years installment, after watching this video i have to say if this is the best we are gonna get this year...I don't think I can in good conscience buy this game.

EA we deserve better than this...seriously....we as gamers have come to expect better quality after all these years of buying your games this is an insult in some ways...you guys can't be seriously thinking of trying to put this out as the best you could come up with, where is all the physics at? all I see is players warping. That commentary is very basic and annoying as heck...wow I am praying that the demo is gonna be the difference...too many key people have left EA...and it is definitely showing ....I hate to say this but in alot of ways it feels like Im watching Sonys B-Ball game NBA 09 or something........

# 45 Mintsa @ 09/01/10 11:51 PM
Are all made jumpers swishes ???

Do they ever rattle or clang in ???

This was a problem in 09, was kinda fixed in 10 but now looks to be back in 11 ???

I hope I'm wrong because it was a short gameplay vid.

# 46 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/01/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwittman5
X2 . people forget they just implemented this new physics engine. it will get better
will the cashier forget to give me a discount for that?

# 47 stizz @ 09/01/10 11:52 PM
Wow. That was pretty terrible. Like most have said already the commentary is bad. The only one I thought that sounded OK was Jackson, but he still wasn't that great. Breen didn't sound like himself and Van Gundy sounded like the kid on Malcolm in the Middle.

# 48 dexvex @ 09/01/10 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Ryan Leaf had potential too, we all know how that ended.
what does he have to do with this at all?

But anyway I love what I'm seeing in the court spacing and offball movement.

# 49 kurt2134 @ 09/01/10 11:52 PM
I was all for the new controls but not when it makes the game look like it's from the last generation. I don't like being sucked into animations and losing control of my players but I also don't like playing a game that looks worse than Live 10. I liked last years game and thought it was a step forward, but this looks bad.

I would imagine it probably plays better than it looks and I do like that the ball isn't on a string but overall it just looks bland and the transitions between animations are really a step back.

# 50 SageInfinite @ 09/01/10 11:53 PM
Wasn't feeling that at all.

# 51 dirtypuppet @ 09/01/10 11:53 PM
+'s
- ESPN presentation is good
- Good pace of the game
- Refreshing to hear new commentary
- Good play calling
- Generally the right action is happening (just not animating so nicely)
- I can see how this camera angle could be good for gameplay
- Jennings jump shot fake to layup was a nice animation sequence
- ball deflections
- dribbling looks like it would be good to control

-'s

- players are too skinny
- same game intro as last year
- awkward passing animations
- Maggette's dunk animation
- Players jumping too high
- Jennings did a weird jump stop (jump over/ through a player kind of)
- awkward in air contact animations (Amare's post up hook shot)
- when players are fighting for post position (without the ball) their arms are just constantly going through each other
- players near the ring shooting jump shots (Gallinari) should probably be hooks/floaters/ tear drops etc
- no fouls called.... at all?
- despite new commentators, underwhelming commentary
- player awareness? (Bogut cutting to the hoop calling for the ball but looking away from the ball handler)
- lots of over the back (awkward looking) rebounds

Overall:

Similar feedback to Live 10 in that the gameplay result is generally good, but the animation feedback for it is bad. I still think this is going to be fun to play despite all the negatives, but it's very obvious for EA where they are falling short and what to work on for E11

# 52 magicman32 @ 09/01/10 11:54 PM
They have a lot of work to do. It looked better than the event vids (of course), but I'm not impressed at all. The game looks outdated. It doesn't look next gen at all.

I'll still try the demo, but it doesn't look like my kind of game.

# 53 Ballatician @ 09/01/10 11:55 PM
I guess I'll stick with the positives. The ball was kicked out a after an offensive rebound unlike in Live 10.

# 54 jmood88 @ 09/01/10 11:56 PM
I know they said that they intentionally made the jumps fast but they need to change their minds cause it doesn't look good at all.

The commentary isn't that great, Breen's stuff sounds really stiff and stitched together and Mark Jackson sounds bored.

The players weren't all bunched in the paint the whole time like the videos from that event so that's good.

This game just looks generic and boring, EA just doesn't seem to "get" how to do presentation right in any of their games(at least the two football games and this, I don't play hockey games), which is a big part of why their games seem to boring.

# 55 qnzballa5 @ 09/01/10 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57

Positives: I like it, I like the game pace, its very realistc, the speed of players, the whole offensive play being run, all great, I really like the post up game man, I like those sounds players are making, you hear that when you watch real nba, love that, also the moves were great, the up and under by Amare, and the hook shot by Danilo on Maggette was awesome, the main reason I like live more than 2k for years and years is the control on dribblings, I am an Iverson, Baron Davis, Jennings, Ford, those that do lots of crossovers, Elite lets me do that, can't wait!

Negatives: I see some really werid moves, like the Salmons drive, he was in the air for like 5 minutes switching hands like three times, and that Jennings Pro-hop in front of Felton(I think), he basically went right through him like hes transparent, and also that offensive rebound by Danil, who grabs a ball in the air like that with two hands...his hands were on hsi chest and he went up straight without moving his hands up to reach the ball...I also hate the rim and the net, its SAME AS NBA LIVE 10, no change at all, the graphics, players look wise, all same as LIVE 10, but thats not too bad, just a little cartoon ish but I dun mind...
ea guy looking at negatives " but guys its all user controlled, that means the left stick controls your feet and the right stick controls your hands. The player wanted to hop step so he did, whether the hop steps is from half court or under the basket it is all up to you and your skill and knowledge of the game" lmaoo

# 56 tgoat22 @ 09/01/10 11:58 PM
is it just me or does Mike Breen not sound like Mike Breen, seems like they got someone else to do his voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J09h96xTEk

typical JVG and MBreen convo

# 57 2kfanatic @ 09/01/10 11:58 PM
Not as bad as most people wants it to appear it is but that's not saying much.

# 58 magicman32 @ 09/02/10 12:00 AM
EA's basketball series lacks progression and the loyal fans deserve better IMO.

# 59 DirtyJerz32 @ 09/02/10 12:00 AM
Not really liking what I'm seeing definitely a lot better with the slower game pace. Those early vids were horrible. This at least makes me feel better about playing other OSers. But, I feel like the overall movement is just no where near as fluid as, well you know.

Hopefully they'll be able show more vids so we can get a better idea of hiw this game is going play.

One question though for everyone. I'm not seeing anything different from last years game in regards to real physics. Anyone else see something different?

# 60 RIZDRAVER @ 09/02/10 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Commentary is much improved, however the gameplay just looks aged and behind the times.
Pretty much. It's not nearly as bad as the initial game clips. But it looks like a game from 2007-08 - definitely not worth $65 IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.