Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

NBA ELITE 11 is back with the first of two gameplay videos featuring 5 on 5 action. This video is a user vs. user matchup with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on NBA Community Manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah (also known as blackflash83 on the forums) . The game is being played on a Pre-final build with some tuning left to do but it provides a good representation of how the game will play once you developed your skills with the new Hands-On control.

Be sure to check out some of the quick plays being called during half court offensive sequences (press X on the 360 to begin a quick play or the Square button on PS3) and the importance of playing the passing lanes as balls can get deflected. You have complete control this year in NBA ELITE 11.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 magicman32 @ 09/02/10 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
After watching the video for the 6th time I belive it isn't THAT bad. Maybe I should watch it again 20 times to feel better.
I'm the complete opposite. The more I watch it the more the disappointed I get. I can't believe how the game has gone backwards.

# 122 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/02/10 01:17 AM
Ok.....hmmmm...disappointed. I will still wait for the demo to play it for myself. Because none of the videos I seen made me say wow.

1. Graphics....look very out dated. EA most be going with the skinny theme this fall or something. Because Madden 11 had skinny player models and now Elite 11 has skinny player models. They have no definition what so ever.

2. Real time physics.....is yet to be seen. Don't look no different then Live 10 to me.

3. Animations, once again look like last year. But hey i will give it the benefit of the doubt because people will have to learn the controls to perform the more advanced moves and animations I suppose.

4. Commentary.......awful. Kind of lifeless to me. Sound like they all were recorded separately and then just pieced together in the editing room. They have no excitement in their voice at all.

I swear it looked like a game played on the PS2. But hey I will wait for the demo to drop for I can see what it do on my HDTV.

# 123 statum71 @ 09/02/10 01:20 AM
I like how Jackson and Van Gundy sound. Mike Breen still just a tad robotic.

Wish this video would've been from broadcast cam.

# 124 DaChiefs @ 09/02/10 01:22 AM
Video wasn't too impressive, but I do remember with the Madden Demo that commentary sound bites and some crowd noises were taken out of the demo version file size reasons. I'm assuming this is some type of demo version of the game. I'm going to give the demo a shot, but as of right now, I'm a little skeptical. Besides...all I really wanted from recent Lives was in game injuries.

# 125 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/02/10 01:23 AM
Nuff said indeed. Look at the defnition of Live 10 player models and look at Elite 11 player models. Night and day difference. Hell a 2010 and 2000 difference.

Kind of like they were listening to the Prince song "We going to party like it's 1999" while making this game and they made Elite 11 look like it was the year 1999 instead of 2010.

# 126 jmood88 @ 09/02/10 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok.....hmmmm...disappointed. I will still wait for the demo to play it for myself. Because none of the videos I seen made me say wow.

1. Graphics....look very out dated. EA most be going with the skinny theme this fall or something. Because Madden 11 had skinny player models and now Elite 11 has skinny player models. They have no definition what so ever.

2. Real time physics.....is yet to be seen. Don't look no different then Live 10 to me.

3. Animations, once again look like last year. But hey i will give it the benefit of the doubt because people will have to learn the controls to perform the more advanced moves and animations I suppose.

4. Commentary.......awful. Kind of lifeless to me. Sound like they all were recorded separately and then just pieced together in the editing room. They have no excitement in their voice at all.

I swear it looked like a game played on the PS2. But hey I will wait for the demo to drop for I can see what it do on my HDTV.
As far as the animations, it was two developers playing so I'm sure that they are pretty familiar with the controls.

# 127 Boilerbuzz @ 09/02/10 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Man i wish they would bring some guys over SCEA who work on MLB The Show
LOL. Is there some employee exchange program in the industry I don't know about?

For me, I have to say that this is FAR superior than the videos that were shown. I'm confused as to how to feel about this. On one hand, you have a UvU game that makes the game look crazy. On the other, you have a UvU game that makes the game look much, much better. Maybe it was the camera angle? I don't know. If THIS was out before the other vids, I don't think there would be as harsh of a general reaction. But the visual gap based on the user is alarming, yet impressive. If you get two guys that know the game and want to play a REAL game, you can have a pretty good experience with the game I would think.

I disagree with the comments about commentary. This group sounds SO much better than the older crew and I don't think it's because it's new. They may have sounded less energetic as they do on TV, but come on. This is their first time doing this sort of thing. Ease up.

Gameplay - I saw some things that I liked. There are some nice animations sequences as cutters and defenders come through the crowd, putting their hands up. Reacting and flinching on passes. Things like that. On one hand, I see the dribbler getting separation from the defender, but the next, the defender is sliding over as quickly as the dribbler.

Ultimately, I will say that this video makes we want to play the demo even more. I've bought last year's game and I'm still deciding about this one. The demo will decide.

# 128 cowboykmoney @ 09/02/10 01:27 AM
2K is just better everything and to me has better game play. NBA live or whatever is still still taking steps backwards and needs to bring it in order to be in the same breath as 2K11.EA has messed up in every way in there sports titles this year so im all in with 2K like always. Better luck next year with your game titles, Because I need my football I just didnt get my fix so we all will be wating other year.

# 129 Boilerbuzz @ 09/02/10 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
After viewing this again, this is all that I could think of. This video reminded me of another game that had Real Time Physics too, with revolutionary paddle controls, broadcast camera angle, no commentary, but is bland as all heck visually.

I give you:
http://www.youtube.com/v/LPkUvfL8T1I
I don't know man. That's a video game industry classic. Show some respect because that gameplay formula still works.

# 130 coolcras7 @ 09/02/10 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
nuff said
since Mike left all the fanboys like to make it seems like Live 10 was horrible a bunch of animations and no control, but when he was here he was the savior the one to bring the Live series back from the dead, Live 10 was praised it was the foundation and next year EA would be back on top, Live 10 was a good game was the closest EA had been to 2k, all EA had to do was build upon Live 10 just fix the issues, you don't have to reinvent the wheel every year.

# 131 turftickler @ 09/02/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt_711
They should make this game $49.99.
Meh, $19.99 would be a better price point if they want to sell at least 100000 copies. I'm not joking either. This just looks bad. They might have to hang up their Basketball programming shoes after this game. I had such high hopes for NBA Elite 11. The demo will the the true story, though.

# 132 bruhman @ 09/02/10 01:32 AM
my mama said if...................

# 133 RayDog253 @ 09/02/10 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
nuff said
IDK, Ya'll just wait, I think Elite will have some cool high lights this year. But We'll see in about 4 months, that's if any one buys it.

# 134 Rob. D @ 09/02/10 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Meh, $19.99 would be a better price point if they want to sell at least 100000 copies. I'm not joking either. This just looks bad. They might have to hang up their Basketball programming shoes after this game. I had such high hopes for NBA Elite 11. The demo will the the true story, though.

EA did can NCAA Basketball could it happen to NBA Elite tho? Honestly Im with you there, they are going to have trouble selling this game plus they are going up against MJ....huff.....good luck EA good luck

# 135 dirtypuppet @ 09/02/10 01:44 AM
I'm still going to get this game because I think it's going to play alright (and long time live fan, haven't missed one since 95). I supported the idea of the directional change, but I'm still in shock at how bad it looks.

If this demo doesn't 'feel' hot dam fantastic, then I may reconsider for the first time ever taking back the (shrinking) brand loyalty I have with this product.

One last thing, like other people have said, RTP???? How have dodgy collision animations been a focos that has taken away from animations etc. If you're going to tout such a huge idea, you'd better bring it. Doesn't look like it, but let's hope come demo time it might 'feel' like it.

# 136 Mr_Riddick @ 09/02/10 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboykmoney
2K is just better everything and to me has better game play. NBA live or whatever is still still taking steps backwards and needs to bring it in order to be in the same breath as 2K11.EA has messed up in every way in there sports titles this year so im all in with 2K like always. Better luck next year with your game titles, Because I need my football I just did'nt get my fix so we all will be waiting other year.
Without really making a comparison, At this point, I don't think they can. Personally, I've given EA too man chances. And no this is not a bash/rant. I really felt this was the year. I So wanted to go back to live this year, but after seeing this, i think its time to move on..........

# 137 DGMikeBarker @ 09/02/10 01:50 AM
Think Elite is a couple years away. I think the controls will be excellent, but the game looks too robotic

# 138 RayDog253 @ 09/02/10 01:57 AM
You know I got to say that I'm really disappointed. I was really hoping more people would like the video or at least be a little more positive about it. But hey, what can I do. I will admit that nothing in the video wowed me visually or gameplay wise, but for some reason I still can't wait to play.

I was hoping to get away with just buying Elite this year, seeing as how money is real tight now a days. But I guess I'll have to figure out how to get both games.

Let's just say my morale is real low right now, let's hope this demo can put a smile back on my face.

# 139 coolcras7 @ 09/02/10 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp
no what i'm saying is 2k is still half a package. it looks pretty, the animations are smooth. but you still cant play real basketball with it. and its still a cheesers game more so then it is a person that knows how to work the sticks/bball iq persons game. You will know when a game is a real sim game when cheesers cant win at it via cheesing. cheesers now dont have to find some super glitch all they have to do is abuse some unrealistic portion of the game and wa-la. none of these games are 100% on target.

I want it all personally. but i will sacrafice look for gameplay for one year knowing if the game play is 75% there in their first year. it will be 90% there the second year using RTP and tighting up the graphics.

people are complaing about a look more so then they are the RTP. but they keep saying they dont see any RTP. you cant really see it. you FEEL it with the sticks. thats why they keep saying this. but people act as if they didn't read those threads from the devs or something.
sorry have you actually played their game this year, come one man I really dont know how people can be blindly devoted to a video game company.

# 140 coolcras7 @ 09/02/10 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22

"At least I got my check"
don't forget they also got rid of all this facial imperfections well at least in the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.