Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

NBA ELITE 11 is back with the first of two gameplay videos featuring 5 on 5 action. This video is a user vs. user matchup with NBA ELITE Gameplay Producer Novell Thomas taking on NBA Community Manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah (also known as blackflash83 on the forums) . The game is being played on a Pre-final build with some tuning left to do but it provides a good representation of how the game will play once you developed your skills with the new Hands-On control.

Be sure to check out some of the quick plays being called during half court offensive sequences (press X on the 360 to begin a quick play or the Square button on PS3) and the importance of playing the passing lanes as balls can get deflected. You have complete control this year in NBA ELITE 11.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Boilerbuzz @ 09/02/10 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpnp
no what i'm saying is 2k is still half a package. it looks pretty, the animations are smooth. but you still cant play real basketball with it. and its still a cheesers game more so then it is a person that knows how to work the sticks/bball iq persons game.
I doubt you have played Elite 11 or 2K11 yet. So not only is the comparison of the two off topic, it's based completely on nothing but ignorance. Stay on topic.

# 142 23 @ 09/02/10 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I doubt you have played Elite 11 or 2K11 yet. So not only is the comparison of the two off topic, it's based completely on nothing but ignorance. Stay on topic.
Agreed here... keep that stuff out of this thread

# 143 dirtypuppet @ 09/02/10 02:15 AM
I can't believe no one else has even mentioned this (or much that I've noted)

There were NO FOULS CALLED. Amongst all those RTP 'collision animations', not a single foul was called.

# 144 ParisB @ 09/02/10 02:15 AM
I saw a lot of good, but of course a lot of you aren't "impressed"

I love how these threads turn out to be just 2k guys bashing the hell out of everything, lol.

# 145 RayDog253 @ 09/02/10 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I saw a lot of good, but of course a lot of you aren't "impressed"

I love how these threads turn out to be just 2k guys bashing the hell out of everything, lol.
Elite just doesn't have the support any more. They're either all defending 2k now or have been banned.

Elite needs more troops ASAP!!! You guy's are getting stomped on your own SOIL.....

LOL.......

Oh, I wanted to mention that Players don't turn their whole body any more when they pass out the post which is a plus..... Looks a lot better when they just turn their shoulder and pass....

# 146 Conda @ 09/02/10 02:23 AM
I think EA should throw Elite in for free with the purchase of NBA Jam; not the other way around.

# 147 TreyIM2 @ 09/02/10 02:24 AM
First off, I hate that angle. Secondly, I really just don't know what to say. It's definitely gunna take some hands on to see if I still want this game. I really, really need the demo now.

# 148 jsg @ 09/02/10 02:26 AM
i thought it was so-so. would of been good maybe 3 years ago. hated the camera angle and i didnt mind the commentary. i still want to play the demo though to see how it controls. i hope they release a cpu vs cpu video to see if the teams mimic real life.

# 149 dirtypuppet @ 09/02/10 02:28 AM
Positive points only:

Looks like they've nailed the EA idea of dribbling. Looks like last year but with 1:1 response (and reasonable animations).

On ball defense didn't look too bad.

SOME shot block attempts looked good.

Commentary isn't as bad as people are saying.

Looks like it will be fun to control

EDIT: Steve, are we expecting to see the second video shortly, or are we up for a bit of a wait?

# 150 brahmagoul @ 09/02/10 02:28 AM
The only thing I got out of the video was Mark Jackson's commentary is enough to keep me from giving it a shot. lol.

I'm actually kind of serious. Like with Madden and NCAA, it may play or feel a lot different than it looks because of that new physical/locomotion engine, though.

# 151 coolcras7 @ 09/02/10 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
You guys are brutal man...

You have to accept the fact that this generation Live is going to have those player textures, those animations, that graphics engine. Stop beating the dead horse, it aint gonna change.

Now, lets keep it real, when you get online and play game after game, what is it that you really pay attention to? I'll tell you - gameplay mechanics, A.I. teammates, realistic results after you finish at the rim, consistency, a frustration-less experience, no game killing bugs, no cheese go-to moves, etc...etc... the list goes on.

You can harp on what cant be changed until armageddon, but you arent talking about real-world experience. When it comes down to it, simulation basketball is about good players being rewarded for playing well and smart. And I don't care if I have to control a wire-framed player without a body, I just want to get online and beat people with skill not luck. That's what it comes down to at the end of the day.

RTP is the first step towards giving us a frustration free experience. Scenarios play out in Elite the way they play out in real life. Now you won't see that from videos, but when you're in control I guarantee you will see this. RTP is really something you can't show off in these 5 on 5 videos, you could do it in an artistic commercial fashion but not through user vs user vids.

I recommend you hold your reservations until AFTER the demo.

Never choose style over substance.
don't know how much you can take on how the game will play online from that video that game was clearly scripted to only show positives, you can clearly see the offensive player waiting for the defensive to get in position there was even a fast break where he stopped instead of going to the hole to wait.

# 152 fatleg3 @ 09/02/10 02:36 AM
Just like i figured people will wait all day for it talk the most crap like they were waiting expecting real life 5 v5 footage.

Its not as bad as some make it seem. I liked it. Some people are too nit picky. THEY DONT BEND THEIR KNEES WHEN THEY JUMP. WTF. Who even notices that in any video game. Its like you are looking for things to talk s**t about. I cant believe people are even comparing the graphics of elite to old games like live 09. Go back and play that then look at the video then comment again.

Like havok said you are watching a video so you can look at everything and point out things. Yea there is no pausing and rewinding but you are no controlling anyone so you are not focusing on playing and can look at everything that is going on. If you are playing it you are mostly focused on the person with the ball so half the things yall are talking bout you wont see.

The fact that the game is smooth, fluid and you can do what ever you want with the ball is good enough for me. yea the player models and other lil things might be the same from live but elite is way better and looks different simply because the fact that everyone moves on their own free will so to speak. Nobody is getting stuck in animations and that was the only thing i didnt like about the live series. Once again the move so fluidly and smooth with out getting sucked into each other. Players move more robotic on 2k then elite. Movement on 2k is not as smooth and fluid at all. The only thing i give 2k over elite is better detailed graphics and game modes but i have to see how legendary mode turns out. But those things does not make a game better then another. To me gameplay is the biggest factor.

One thing the elite did not change and is disappointing to me is the crowd and arena atmosphere. When the knicks would score you would hear clapping and cheers but nobody in the stands where clapping. But thats one of those things you notice only when watching the game and not playing it. But having then stand and cheer like on 2k is noticeable. I wish elite would implicate that in the future because i know that probably priority #99 with everything else that elite will bring to the table. It can really get you into a game with the crowd going crazy when you are playing good and you are the home team. And maybe with teams like the 76ers have empty seats because in real life their arena is empty on a constant basis

# 153 RayDog253 @ 09/02/10 02:41 AM
I want to hear from the community guys, who got to play the game early.

From this video, does the game look like it plays any better/smoother from when you guys played it????

Are guys not excited any more?

# 154 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/02/10 02:43 AM
Quick pros-cons:

+ NBA on ESPN theme
+ ESPN graphics, etc.
+ JVG and Mark Jackson sounds authentic
+ Atmosphere/Sounds

- Mike Breen sounds scripted and robotic
- Less sig shots?
- Players floating on contact
- Players warping
- A lot of sliding
- Post up still wrong (Players facing wrong way)

# 155 fatleg3 @ 09/02/10 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
You guys are brutal man...

You have to accept the fact that this generation Live is going to have those player textures, those animations, that graphics engine. Stop beating the dead horse, it aint gonna change.

Now, lets keep it real, when you get online and play game after game, what is it that you really pay attention to? I'll tell you - gameplay mechanics, A.I. teammates, realistic results after you finish at the rim, consistency, a frustration-less experience, no game killing bugs, no cheese go-to moves, etc...etc... the list goes on.

You can harp on what cant be changed until armageddon, but you arent talking about real-world experience. When it comes down to it, simulation basketball is about good players being rewarded for playing well and smart. And I don't care if I have to control a wire-framed player without a body, I just want to get online and beat people with skill not luck. That's what it comes down to at the end of the day.

RTP is the first step towards giving us a frustration free experience. Scenarios play out in Elite the way they play out in real life. Now you won't see that from videos, but when you're in control I guarantee you will see this. RTP is really something you can't show off in these 5 on 5 videos, you could do it in an artistic commercial fashion but not through user vs user vids.

I recommend you hold your reservations until AFTER the demo.

Never choose style over substance.
Thank you. Everyone sees how detailed 2k is and thinks its the better game automatically. The point out the dumbest things that you would never see if you are playing the game. They are like your nagging mother when you are 15yrs old.

# 156 fatleg3 @ 09/02/10 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
Okay i'm going to go ahead and this this in the book man all i hear right now is 2k boys trashing the game,..and Elite gamers looking puzzled about the game but don't want to admit that the game is looooking .........trashy.and then all i hear is Elite fans sounding like they want you to show Ea compassion.. all i hear is Oh man there taking another direction thats new to gaming or..there paying mad attention to gameplay it'll get better presentation will be fixed NExt year Well guess what MOfo..............I"ll buy the game Next Year i'll buy the game next year when its fixed,,..i don't want a half fixed product. What people don't understand is its 2010 son money don't come quick i'm not giving 60 dollars saying in my head i'll buy this game to support them and next year i'll really be blown away...i'm going to buy the game that has a full package and features that i can enjoy not some game that still says there making changes and the game ships in almost 30 days i want the more confident product,...the gaming industry is a make or break process we not talking 20 dollar games people were talking full sixty.... Thiis we don't understand crap is getting absurd elite didn't do it this year so just leave it right there stop trying to build a house thats on fire let it burn down...............and then build it next year
Anybody who has defended elite has not made any excusses for they things everyone is pointing out that they think is wrong or is sayng anything like show ea some compassion. We are paying 60 dollars of are money also so we want the best game. Most of us will get the game because we like it. Not because we want to show support to ea. Like you said its not 20 dollars. So pleas try and find someone on here that will pay 60 dollars for a game that they think is broke just to support ea who has made millions and millions off of live, fifa, nhl, and even the other genre of games like need for speed and even 007 back in the ps2 days

# 157 2kfanatic @ 09/02/10 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniff457
FIRST OFF I ENJOYED LIVE 10 BETTER THAN 2k10 and im a beast at both games IF THIS IS really users total control then that was some dam good stick skills I LIKE THE PACE OF THE GAME DEFFENATELY LOOKS BETTER THAN LIVE 10 I LIKE THE DRIBBLING SEEMED REALISTIC IM DEF BUYING ELITE 11 NO MORE NEED FOR CONVINSING IT IS OBVIOUS PEOPLE JUST LIKE 2k11 FOR THE SAKE OF THE NAME TRUST ME AFTER AMONTH PEOPLE ARE GONA BUY ELITE BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED OF THE SAME 2k11 GAMEPLAY (IN MY EYES IS LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE 2k10 ) NBA ELITE 11 IS TOTAL CONTROL RUNNING A PLAY FROM TIGHT DEFENSE AND HITTING 3PT FROM SCREEN WILL FEEL LIKE A TOTAL SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT TRUST ME
While I agree that this vid is "not that bad", its amazing that you preach about the total control thing based on a video. And using all caps will not earn you anybody's trust, "trust me".

# 158 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/02/10 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
Just like i figured people will wait all day for it talk the most crap like they were waiting expecting real life 5 v5 footage.

Its not as bad as some make it seem. I liked it. Some people are too nit picky. THEY DONT BEND THEIR KNEES WHEN THEY JUMP. WTF. Who even notices that in any video game. Its like you are looking for things to talk s**t about. I cant believe people are even comparing the graphics of elite to old games like live 09. Go back and play that then look at the video then comment again.

Like havok said you are watching a video so you can look at everything and point out things. Yea there is no pausing and rewinding but you are no controlling anyone so you are not focusing on playing and can look at everything that is going on. If you are playing it you are mostly focused on the person with the ball so half the things yall are talking bout you wont see.

The fact that the game is smooth, fluid and you can do what ever you want with the ball is good enough for me. yea the player models and other lil things might be the same from live but elite is way better and looks different simply because the fact that everyone moves on their own free will so to speak. Nobody is getting stuck in animations and that was the only thing i didnt like about the live series. Once again the move so fluidly and smooth with out getting sucked into each other. Players move more robotic on 2k then elite. Movement on 2k is not as smooth and fluid at all. The only thing i give 2k over elite is better detailed graphics and game modes but i have to see how legendary mode turns out. But those things does not make a game better then another. To me gameplay is the biggest factor.

One thing the elite did not change and is disappointing to me is the crowd and arena atmosphere. When the knicks would score you would hear clapping and cheers but nobody in the stands where clapping. But thats one of those things you notice only when watching the game and not playing it. But having then stand and cheer like on 2k is noticeable. I wish elite would implicate that in the future because i know that probably priority #99 with everything else that elite will bring to the table. It can really get you into a game with the crowd going crazy when you are playing good and you are the home team. And maybe with teams like the 76ers have empty seats because in real life their arena is empty on a constant basis

not that i agree, because i dont AT ALL, but i respect somebody who will defend their game till the bitter end

# 159 Basketball GURU @ 09/02/10 02:56 AM
this game looks good..dey finally made nba jam 5on5..wheres the flaming ball??

# 160 fatleg3 @ 09/02/10 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniff457
FIRST OFF I ENJOYED LIVE 10 BETTER THAN 2k10 and im a beast at both games IF THIS IS really users total control then that was some dam good stick skills I LIKE THE PACE OF THE GAME DEFFENATELY LOOKS BETTER THAN LIVE 10 I LIKE THE DRIBBLING SEEMED REALISTIC IM DEF BUYING ELITE 11 NO MORE NEED FOR CONVINSING IT IS OBVIOUS PEOPLE JUST LIKE 2k11 FOR THE SAKE OF THE NAME TRUST ME AFTER AMONTH PEOPLE ARE GONA BUY ELITE BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED OF THE SAME 2k11 GAMEPLAY (IN MY EYES IS LOOKING EXACTLY LIKE 2k10 ) NBA ELITE 11 IS TOTAL CONTROL RUNNING A PLAY FROM TIGHT DEFENSE AND HITTING 3PT FROM SCREEN WILL FEEL LIKE A TOTAL SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT TRUST ME
yes if anyone wants to talk about a game looking like its older versions 2k11 and 10 looks and plays the same. I can just look at the videos from elite and see how much different it plays from 10. Its not about hitting a button and letting it go on time anymore. Its gonna take skill to hit a shot now. Its gonna take skill to drive past a defender not. My little cousin cant just hop on the stick anymore and beat me by shooting 3s with mo williams anymore

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.