Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight is online. This one talks about My Player mode.

Quote:
"This is Erick Boenisch again, Producer for NBA 2K11 although many of you may know me by my forum name, SimBaller. I spoke a few weeks back about MJ: Creating a Legend. I’m here today to talk to you about the My Player mode and some of the exciting changes we have made to it this year. NBA 2K10 saw the birth of My Player, the first true career mode experience ever for the NBA 2K series. With one year of this mode under our belts, we’ve learned quite a bit; things like what works, what doesn’t work, and what you all want to see in the mode this year. Enough chatter, let’s dive into what NBA 2K11’s My Player is all about…"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jr2424 @ 09/02/10 06:36 PM
And I ask again: What the hell will I play first? Is it association, my player, Jordan challenge, online? How am I supposed to play OTHER games when this one will take up all my time?

# 22 elprez98 @ 09/02/10 06:39 PM
All I can say is wow.

This is definitely how you execute promotion a new game and its features.

2k will have to really slip up on something (poor servers) to not come out with Sports Game of the Year. And even then, it may still win hands down.

At least from their promotion, 2k11 may be the best upgrade of a solid, previous iteration (2k10) that I've seen in a long time.

# 23 Rocboyz101 @ 09/02/10 06:41 PM
Wow this is really good. They REALLY should add alot of these things into association, im sure they have already. 2k is really going the extra mile this year.

# 24 VDusen04 @ 09/02/10 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
And I ask again: What the hell will I play first? Is it association, my player, Jordan challenge, online? How am I supposed to play OTHER games when this one will take up all my time?
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't think I have that much time. But then again, maybe I do.

# 25 Sinner @ 09/02/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
I'm feeling the same way, I loved My Player last year and it got most of my playing time, now this year there is way to much to choose from, i'm loving the way everything looks and sounds so far. I think I may just go through all the historic teams and play them in quick games first and see how that works out....can not wait for this game. 2k has really put in some work for this game.

# 26 infam0us @ 09/02/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
Attribute Caps: In an effort to make each Playstyle mean more, we are enforcing attribute caps on players this year. An example of what this means is a Defensive PG might have a max stealing attribute of 99 while a Shoot First PG might have a max stealing attribute of 80. This is going to pay off when you you’re playing My Player Pick-Up games. In 2K10, without attribute caps, this would mean that you might be playing against a 7’2 center that had a ballhandling rating of 99. That’s not realistic and not an experience we want you to encounter

NUFF SAID
Needed much. I'm hoping that means you wont see 7'5 centers running up and down the court like if they were D.Rose or R.Westbrook. Physical boundaries are needed as well, or make upping your speed and vertical a mission impossible because quite frankly it is in real life.

# 27 Classic88 @ 09/02/10 06:44 PM
I played My Player a lot last year actually. I thought it was dope then, but now... this joint is gonna be insane. This is a $60 game that I will be playing non-stop.

# 28 JackMoney254 @ 09/02/10 06:45 PM
What if one day the true NBA RPG will emerge? No menus, just your player in his house/apartment. Buying new stuff with your paycheck/ endorsements. Then drive his new lambo to practice every day, walk into the gym and see your team mates walking around the lobby, hitting the weights, talking to coaches, and practicing in the gym.

To start your game every night, a mandatory scrimage/practice/drills must be preformed, then you get on the bus/plane to your next game. Talk to coaches and players in the locker room, and then come onto the court in your players entrance so you can shoot around before the game. Play the game, and actually watch the game from the sidelines.

Press conference and review from your coach in the locker room after the game, then hit the clubs and crash at your house, of course bringing a few 16 year olds home lol *cough *kobe*cough*

Maybe one day haha

# 29 LeBronistheKing @ 09/02/10 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Wow this is really good. They REALLY should add alot of these things into association, im sure they have already. 2k is really going the extra mile this year.

This....I feel like it would be awesome to take the podium with NBA stars like Bron or Dwade during an association. Or even Michael Jordan for that matter. Either in MJ create a legend mode or if you are able to do an association with the classic Bulls.

# 30 Spartan901 @ 09/02/10 06:49 PM
My only question now is will Gamestyle be selectable for MyPlayer and also difficulty. After a while it got too easy last year, and it would be GREAT to be able to play it on Sim with at least ALL-Star difficulty

# 31 Gossennator @ 09/02/10 06:51 PM
And..... SOLD!

# 32 OSO_FLY22 @ 09/02/10 06:53 PM
2K UNBELEIVABLE AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO ALREADY TOOK A COUPLE DAYS OFF OF WORK THE WEEK OF OCTOBER 5TH NOW IF I CAN ONLY FIND A GOOD WEBSITE TO RENT A TIME MACHINE BUT SERIOUSLY IF THE ASSOCIATION INSIGHT IS ANYTHING LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE SPORTS GAME OF THE DECADE HANDS DOWN

# 33 chrisc50 @ 09/02/10 06:54 PM
I like it. 2K as usual keep coming with the good surprsies and content, I like my player last year in 2K10 but felt something was kinda missing lke maybe like this, 2K10 pretty much focused on court. The player sounds like drake, also I would die laughing if they ask you about practice (and you can go Iverson mode )

# 34 bateman11 @ 09/02/10 06:54 PM
I really dont understand how 2k is adding all of this in one year.

It's insane how much thise game brings to the table. Every aspect in the game has been improved, and the game has incredible depth.

They've just taken development to a whole new level this year.

# 35 SimBaller @ 09/02/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
My only question now is will Gamestyle be selectable for MyPlayer and also difficulty. After a while it got too easy last year, and it would be GREAT to be able to play it on Sim with at least ALL-Star difficulty
Game Style and Difficulty are in there as well. 'Simulation' and 'All-Star' is a great pairing.

# 36 Spartan901 @ 09/02/10 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc50
I like it. 2K as usual keep coming with the good surprsies and content, I like my player last year in 2K10 but felt something was kinda missing lke maybe like this, 2K10 pretty much focused on court. The player sounds like drake, also I would die laughing if they ask you about practice (and you can go Iverson mode )
Has already been confirmed that the "Practice? Practice? We're talking about practice..." answer has been included. They made their own version

# 37 supermati @ 09/02/10 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Game Style and Difficulty are in there as well. 'Simulation' and 'All-Star' is a great pairing.
Sim, are contracts in as well or maybe next year?

# 38 Spartan901 @ 09/02/10 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Thank You!! NOW I'm giddy

# 39 elprez98 @ 09/02/10 07:01 PM
The last time I saw a game make this big of a leap from one iteration to the next, I was playing football on the Xbox.....

# 40 RubenDouglas @ 09/02/10 07:02 PM
Great UPGRADE. This is what evolution is!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.