Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The new NBA 2K11 Developer Insight is online. This one talks about My Player mode.

Quote:
"This is Erick Boenisch again, Producer for NBA 2K11 although many of you may know me by my forum name, SimBaller. I spoke a few weeks back about MJ: Creating a Legend. I’m here today to talk to you about the My Player mode and some of the exciting changes we have made to it this year. NBA 2K10 saw the birth of My Player, the first true career mode experience ever for the NBA 2K series. With one year of this mode under our belts, we’ve learned quite a bit; things like what works, what doesn’t work, and what you all want to see in the mode this year. Enough chatter, let’s dive into what NBA 2K11’s My Player is all about…"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Rocboyz101 @ 09/02/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Sorry, but that one is going to have to wait a year. I've got ideas on that and I didn't want to get half way there with it. You guys deserve better than that.
Can't get everything..you guys already got enough for 2 games. lol Thanks.

# 62 Jonesy @ 09/02/10 07:34 PM
The 2k team has been putting WORK this year. I had already pre-ordered but this makes me even more hypes for the release!

# 63 jr2424 @ 09/02/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flykid95
its just some slang i am on the internet i am not writing an essay
Thanks for clearing that up. No need to come at me when I'm PRAISING the game. It was a compliment.

# 64 domidomdomz @ 09/02/10 07:34 PM
Hi SimBaller and crew,

You guys really bulked up My Player this year. Like some of the guys here have said, how the hell are we gonna have enough time to play all the fantastic modes?!?

Anyway, so if there aren't going to be contracts this year in My Player, how will trade transactions with the salary restrictions work in that mode?

I guess the trades are gonna be based on the rating and some related stuff like morale, etc. And the only determining factor on how you'll gonna stay with your team is how you perform or how you behave. No free agency or whatever since there will be no expiring contracts.

# 65 NEW_ORLEANS @ 09/02/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
The last time I saw a game make this big of a leap from one iteration to the next, I was playing football on the Xbox.....
Shhhhhhhh don't jinx it.

# 66 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 09/02/10 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
Disappointed in the no contracts because I don't get how trades are going to work. So is there no salary cap when your player is specifically involved in a trade?
Who said there was no contracts?

# 67 mvp kobe @ 09/02/10 07:39 PM
Ronnie ƻk To address the contract question, it's not in the way you guys are thinking. I'll let the game itself speak to that when it comes out.

# 68 domidomdomz @ 09/02/10 07:39 PM
About our My Player's voice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie2K
@Josephslive Only one voice option. When you pack in that much audio between NBA Today and My Career, not much space left... haha.
We will be all sounding like Drake. lol. No biggie for me though.

# 69 VDusen04 @ 09/02/10 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
Who said there was no contracts?
Regarding Contracts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Sorry, but that one is going to have to wait a year. I've got ideas on that and I didn't want to get half way there with it. You guys deserve better than that.

# 70 infam0us @ 09/02/10 07:40 PM
Erick said theres no contracts, go back some posts. I now have something to complain about besides the sock glitch

# 71 Shakedowncapo @ 09/02/10 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
Great UPGRADE. This is what evolution is!
Which 2k is that in your avy?!

# 72 strekedesire @ 09/02/10 07:42 PM
I just hope we won't be forced to wear generics until we get a shoe deal!

Though I have to admit that sounds unreasonable, nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

# 73 Ricky Rowe Zay @ 09/02/10 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Regarding Contracts:
Well that sucks.

I had a bad feeling it would happen. They need to fix the salary cap problems in Association first.

I'm tired of seeing teams with $7 million in cap space sign guys to contracts worth $12 Million per year.

# 74 jr2424 @ 09/02/10 07:44 PM
These additions really add so much to this mode. 2k has outdone themselves and thank you Simballer for capping the attributes. For gameplay reasons, that's the big thing. Everything else adds so much depth though. Can't wait for demo.

# 75 mvp kobe @ 09/02/10 07:47 PM
Ronnie ƻk To address the contract question, it's not in the way you guys are thinking. I'll let the game itself speak to that when it comes out.

off of fb

# 76 Mr_Riddick @ 09/02/10 07:48 PM
I would only be teasing myself playing the demo. Oct 5 is around the corner......

# 77 BEARYChi @ 09/02/10 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
And I ask again: What the hell will I play first? Is it association, my player, Jordan challenge, online? How am I supposed to play OTHER games when this one will take up all my time?
AGR33D!!! i dont know either but im def playing "The Jordan Challenge" and "My Player"

# 78 jr2424 @ 09/02/10 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
I would only be teasing myself playing the demo. Oct 5 is around the corner......
Good point ... bring on the game.

# 79 SaltyBlackWorm @ 09/02/10 07:58 PM
CAN WE BRING OUR MY PLAYERS FROM 2K10 to 2K11?!!! ive been working hard on my PF even if it is halfway through the season! i put him on the bulls so that he becomes the greatest Bull Player ever (hehe.)

Also, SIMULATED QUARTER LENGTHS? does that mean we can simulate games during the Reg. Season?

# 80 SaltyBlackWorm @ 09/02/10 08:01 PM
just saw from Ronnie's twitter that we cannot bring our My players from 2k10 to 2k11. . . Well i guess im not gonna play 2k10 anymore until 2k11 come out. *SIGH and a huge god dammit *

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.