Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Title Update 3 (TU3)
  • The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
  • Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
  • Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
  • In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
  • There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
  • Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.
Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)
  • Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
  • Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
  • Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
  • Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
  • Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
  • Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
  • Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
  • Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
  • Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.
Source - NCAA Football 11 Blog

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BroMontana82 @ 09/04/10 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
[/list]
So that was how they broke the running game with the second patch. Funny, because a lot of posters were claiming the running game improved with the second patch. Guess I wasn't crazy after all.
nope you are 100% correct. good thing it's fixed. that was my main gripe. i wish they would also have dirty and scuffed uniforms in all situations though.

# 102 speedkills @ 09/04/10 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
It will NOT affect the recruits for the year you're currently year. The next year you play and the game generates the new recruiting poll it will affect them.

But in-season progression should kick in as soon as you download the tuner set.
crap, thanks.

Start a new dynasty it is.

# 103 Starfleeter @ 09/04/10 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Thanks for the insight, I'll hold off on buying until NCAA 12 then when they have time to fix everything. No sense in buying an incomplete product.

Hopefully with the necessary gameplay adjustments 12 will be a must buy!
I would advise buying the game anyway. There are bugs in EVERY game, moreso for the consoles than PC since they have a limited number of patches. Anyway, once this patch comes out, it'll be the best football game ever released. Who knows what EA will try to add/change next year that we'll all gripe about after having such a good release (although with bumps) as this.

# 104 Furq @ 09/04/10 05:20 PM
Really hope pass accuracy is realistic again

After the last patch hardly anyone drops catches and quarterbacks make almost every throw. Before they would just randomly miss at times which was great.

# 105 BroMontana82 @ 09/04/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I've got very little playing time in this year, and just curious if you found the run game better "before" 2nd patch because it was more or less challenging? Do you expect the 3rd patch to make running easier or harder?
run game was better before the patch. the 2nd basically messed up run blocking. the CPU run game was better before so i think it should be fixed now. i found myself jacking up run blocking and reducing pass rush D. although i don't see anything about the CPU ball carrier covering the ball up still here.

# 106 tyler289 @ 09/04/10 06:01 PM
Between this and NHL's release on the same day, EA really doesn't want me to get any work done next week.

# 107 kestrel @ 09/04/10 06:05 PM
Just in time for NHL 11. I'd certainly like to, but I don't know if I'll be able to break away from NHL to play NCAA again, especially since NCAA has all of these issues, some of which seem unaddressable or are being avoided (would be nice to have them all acknowledged one way or another).

# 108 xxjgbxx @ 09/04/10 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Just when I start slipping away this game...... pulls me back in

Now thats what im talking about

# 109 shanew21 @ 09/04/10 06:54 PM
The tuesday release is killing me. Feels like waiting for another game. That and NHL comes out the same day.

# 110 warhorseballa06 @ 09/04/10 07:00 PM
Three things I wished they woulda fixed..

*hurry up logic- not so much as in the frequency of it, but personel. I've seen many times where the team was a fake punt formations and converted. The do a hurry up to line only to see the punter still in at QB! This happens with the RB as well

*depth chart glitch- everyone knows this is still an issue

*fg xtra point cam still screwed!- doesn't happen as often as it did pre-patch #2, but still in. fixing something should eliminate it, not have an occasional spoof.

Overall i believe EA sports is a reflection of our generation (20-30yrs). Now days people care less and less about the products they put out as long as they make money. It is no longer a world where people care about the consumer being happy. I remember the older EA games where pretty good out of the box even for the systems they were on. This world is getting worse and worse by the minute and even though this is a video game, this is a sign of the times changing horribly.

# 111 HollyPopDid @ 09/04/10 10:28 PM
This might sound dumb but I was just wondering if the season progression will affect current dynasties or would you have to re-create it? Both on and offline. Sorry if that was already asked and/or we just have to wait for the update to even know, haha.

I'm new to the NCAA games so I really have no idea about updates or anything..

# 112 smoove7 @ 09/04/10 11:17 PM
So does this mean that all these tuners and patches will automatically be in ncaa 12 when it ships?

# 113 Starfleeter @ 09/04/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
So does this mean that all these tuners and patches will automatically be in ncaa 12 when it ships?
Are you serious? It's a different game and they'll probably change the engine some like they did with locomotion in this game. Since it's the not the same game, all they can do is use their experience from previous years to make the next year's better and avoid past mistakes. It's obvious they've done with NCAA 11 as it's the most complete college football game to date but you still have close to a year before NCAA 12 so stop worrying about it.

# 114 SecretAgentManCU @ 09/05/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06

Overall i believe EA sports is a reflection of our generation (20-30yrs). Now days people care less and less about the products they put out as long as they make money. It is no longer a world where people care about the consumer being happy. I remember the older EA games where pretty good out of the box even for the systems they were on. This world is getting worse and worse by the minute and even though this is a video game, this is a sign of the times changing horribly.
I agree and disagree. I think EA does care about the NCAA Football product. If they didn't they wouldn't continually put out patches that make the game better. They could have just patched the fix for the pump fake glitch and been done, but they decided to listen to the fans and add in in-season progression and fix the mirroring.

I do agree with you that they box'd product should be better. They should have tested it more thoroughly, but they have deadlines just like all of us. I would like to thank the NCAA Dev team for being so hands on this year, and hopefully there won't need to be so many fixes in the future.

Still a great game!

# 115 smoove7 @ 09/05/10 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleeter
Are you serious? It's a different game and they'll probably change the engine some like they did with locomotion in this game. Since it's the not the same game, all they can do is use their experience from previous years to make the next year's better and avoid past mistakes. It's obvious they've done with NCAA 11 as it's the most complete college football game to date but you still have close to a year before NCAA 12 so stop worrying about it.
That is the problem right there. People dont worry about it and then when the game ships all you get is a bunch of cry babies. So take these patches and tuners and learn from them so you dont have to repeat the same patches and tuners next year.

Its like when you make a mistake but you actually learn from it and use that knowledge in some fashion so you dont make that same mistake again.

BTW I know they cant take these exact patches and put them in the new game. Just like sliders, things will be tweaked. Come on man some people just are not that stupid. Let me break it down for you:

Read, process then post.

# 116 BoomerSooner420 @ 09/05/10 06:26 AM
Awesome! Rush defense slider fix and season stat progression. I can't wait.

# 117 mgoblue678 @ 09/05/10 08:59 AM
Like most of the changes, but there were a couple of other things that I thought needed to addressed that weren't like others have said.

1. No changes to the special teams at all. As it stands right now special teams are basically irrelevant in the game. No blocks on kicks or punts, no bad snaps and very little chance of returns going for tds on kickoffs and punts because the blocking is lacking. This is really something to me that needs to a addressed, alot of games in college come down to a momentum shift from a big special teams play. I really thought at least that blocking on kicks and punts would be tuned.

2. Depth chart issue even though the increased ratings very well may mitigate this problem. Have to wait and see if it does.

3. Better pass blocking on play action passes. Some still may disagree with this, but to me there is noticeably difference between pass blocking on non play action plays versus play action plays.

Overall seems like a pretty good list, just slightly disappointing that some other things weren't tuned specifically in the special teams game.

# 118 Bigman815 @ 09/05/10 09:19 AM
Sorry To sound like a noob but...you dont have to restart a dynasty for these to take affect?

# 119 JayD @ 09/05/10 09:30 AM
wow, nothing done for the depth chart issue....

# 120 Herky @ 09/05/10 09:39 AM
Like others have said, I'm not happy the special teams and the depth chart issues will not be fixed. Everything else looks really good though. Let's just hope a new issues don't pop up after this patch and tuner.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.