Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 Mintsa @ 09/06/10 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Convince, jtdribbles has played the game, so if he says, not true... then it's probably... Not true.
So jtdribbles confirmed that not every shot that goes in is a swish ???

Where did he play the game ???? At the LA event, i'm guessing........

And if he is saying the truth, why dont we see it in the videos ??? Is the build still too early where it's not put in ??

PS: Loving the broadcast cam.......please make all vids like this from now on.......

# 182 23 @ 09/06/10 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
So jtdribbles confirmed that not every shot that goes in is a swish ???

Where did he play the game ???? At the LA event, i'm guessing........

And if he is saying the truth, why dont we see it in the videos ??? Is the build still too early where it's not put in ??

PS: Loving the broadcast cam.......please make all vids like this from now on.......
Yeah JT was there, but I honestly dont remember if thats the case or not

# 183 Mintsa @ 09/06/10 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah JT was there, but I honestly dont remember if thats the case or not
LOL....thanks for trying to clear that up 23. I have to just stop asking questions and just wait for the demo to come out and see for myself....

# 184 XuanWu @ 09/06/10 01:56 AM
This is clearly a big improvement over the other videos, but it still has a very unrealistic look about it. There's something about all of the player animations that seems very robotic and inhuman. The speed also seems a bit off. Overall, I'd be really biased if I said this wasn't an improvement, but it isn't enough to say it's any where near 2K11.

# 185 RubenDouglas @ 09/06/10 02:20 AM
hmmm.

foul slider raised up a bit
fg% success lowered

and this one might get some extensive PT from me.

throw in some contact animations and this one looks decent.

maybe its a bigger issue than that. I just need some defense, and that might be too much to ask for, as thats a pretty big piece

# 186 Playmakers @ 09/06/10 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
If thats the case nd if the ai plays like the devs say they will then playing offline will be the best choice
LOL!

The CPU can't even execute a simple alley oop play.....they haven't dunked on a alley oop since Live 06

They don't go between the legs and they don't do anything on the court that shows flair to their game.

I've still yet to see anyone show me a video of the CPU breaking them down off the dribble or doing a signature move that makes you jump out of your seat.

To be quite frank the CPU is flat out BORING because they are generic in everything they do on the floor. They don't cheese because they have no style to their game. I keep hearing how controls is top notch but not one EA rep mentions the CPU doesn't utilize those controls. It is strictly for the human player only. That is why i could less about TOTAL CONTROL....if it doesn't do a damn thing for the CPU then it's worthless to me.

I'd rather have animations that bring the CPU to life for once....In 5 years I've never felt afraid to over play the passing lanes because the CPU will never go back door on me and complete a dunk even if I leave his man wide open.

If EA wants to make me excited about Elite 11 show me just one time where Roddy Buckets elevates and dunks on a set play on his own.....5 years and we've never had that type of AI intelligence in Live/Elite.

How can you continue to create a basketball game where your CPU can't execute basic basketball plays.....all they ever do is pop out high off a screen and shoot a jumper. Dump it down low to the big man and let him shoot regardless if it's Shaq or D.Diop. He never makes any real low post moves, he never uses any footwork to get me up in the air.

Every year i see videos of human vs human play....every year i see a CPU AI that is lethargic on the floor in every way possible. They don't even dive on the floor for loose balls and yet we are calling this basketball. It amazes me how the PG's every year can be aggressive in their shooting yet when it comes to handling the rock they are as conservative as a middle school kid on the floor.

Can you imagine a game with George Gervin and he doesn't use his trade mark finger roll or how about a game with Patrick Ewing and he never once uses a jump hook on you. That is what I see in Live/Elite a bare bones game that markets all these great things each and every year. Yet the gameplay is so generic it's depressing at times.

Kinda weird how they'll take their NBA Jam games and make the CPU pull off moves but in NBA Live/Elite the only thing flashy you see in the CPU is them dunking from the FT line like they were shot out of a cannon................

# 187 Arod2k9 @ 09/06/10 09:52 AM
Not impressed at all, was really looking forward for this release. This game doesn't resemble anything that is basketball, absolutely nothing. Everything looks bad, and it's an embarrassment which I find insulting.

# 188 HoosierDaddy @ 09/06/10 11:57 AM

# 189 pdawg17 @ 09/06/10 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
Not impressed at all, was really looking forward for this release. This game doesn't resemble anything that is basketball, absolutely nothing. Everything looks bad, and it's an embarrassment which I find insulting.
Wow...I'm guessing you didn't like it?

# 190 stepsix @ 09/06/10 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
LOL!

The CPU can't even execute a simple alley oop play.....they haven't dunked on a alley oop since Live 06

They don't go between the legs and they don't do anything on the court that shows flair to their game.

I've still yet to see anyone show me a video of the CPU breaking them down off the dribble or doing a signature move that makes you jump out of your seat.

To be quite frank the CPU is flat out BORING because they are generic in everything they do on the floor. They don't cheese because they have no style to their game. I keep hearing how controls is top notch but not one EA rep mentions the CPU doesn't utilize those controls. It is strictly for the human player only. That is why i could less about TOTAL CONTROL....if it doesn't do a damn thing for the CPU then it's worthless to me.

I'd rather have animations that bring the CPU to life for once....In 5 years I've never felt afraid to over play the passing lanes because the CPU will never go back door on me and complete a dunk even if I leave his man wide open.

If EA wants to make me excited about Elite 11 show me just one time where Roddy Buckets elevates and dunks on a set play on his own.....5 years and we've never had that type of AI intelligence in Live/Elite.

How can you continue to create a basketball game where your CPU can't execute basic basketball plays.....all they ever do is pop out high off a screen and shoot a jumper. Dump it down low to the big man and let him shoot regardless if it's Shaq or D.Diop. He never makes any real low post moves, he never uses any footwork to get me up in the air.

Every year i see videos of human vs human play....every year i see a CPU AI that is lethargic on the floor in every way possible. They don't even dive on the floor for loose balls and yet we are calling this basketball. It amazes me how the PG's every year can be aggressive in their shooting yet when it comes to handling the rock they are as conservative as a middle school kid on the floor.

Can you imagine a game with George Gervin and he doesn't use his trade mark finger roll or how about a game with Patrick Ewing and he never once uses a jump hook on you. That is what I see in Live/Elite a bare bones game that markets all these great things each and every year. Yet the gameplay is so generic it's depressing at times.

Kinda weird how they'll take their NBA Jam games and make the CPU pull off moves but in NBA Live/Elite the only thing flashy you see in the CPU is them dunking from the FT line like they were shot out of a cannon................
Shouldn't this diatribe be in the one video with cpu footage in it?

To be honest I'm glad you feel this way because wrt how the cpu uses the arsenal available to a user I've always felt this is something we could do much better...as a matter of fact I remember your comments after 10 was released and I tended to agree with you. When I proposed we pull Real AI over at the beginning of this year it was after the feedback and sometimes watching the ball handler just stand there unless his defender left him wide open. The feature almost didn't make it through given the crazy amount of work required to get Elite out of the door, but I made a passionate appeal because in the end I agree that in the past the cpu was far too clinical in its execution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYB7j...ayer_embedded#!
Please have a look at that video, at Durant at around the 2:00 mark...that is the sort of thing that I was hoping to achieve with the feature. There are player specific sequences, 'archetype' specific sequences, as well as special case stuff like pick 'n roll, escape dribbles etc.

At around the 2:30 mark Westbrook gets Nov out of position (by using some dribble moves)& drives, but instead of finishing kicks it out when he sees the double for the open look. Admittedly Nov's d was a little suspect there but he'd been putting in some long hours at that point

At 3:35 Durant does an inside out, gets Nov again and drives (finish is not the nicest, but my point being for the first time ever in the next gen Live/Elite series the cpu is actually looking to beat you off of the dribble instead of just running a quick play).

# 191 jstnw89 @ 09/06/10 01:42 PM
Damn Hoosier, I rather hear your smooth silky voice than read!

# 192 HoosierDaddy @ 09/06/10 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnw89
Damn Hoosier, I rather hear your smooth silky voice than read!
LOL, working on it.

# 193 FearlessKaz @ 09/06/10 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix
Shouldn't this diatribe be in the one video with cpu footage in it?

To be honest I'm glad you feel this way because wrt how the cpu uses the arsenal available to a user I've always felt this is something we could do much better...as a matter of fact I remember your comments after 10 was released and I tended to agree with you. When I proposed we pull Real AI over at the beginning of this year it was after the feedback and sometimes watching the ball handler just stand there unless his defender left him wide open. The feature almost didn't make it through given the crazy amount of work required to get Elite out of the door, but I made a passionate appeal because in the end I agree that in the past the cpu was far too clinical in its execution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYB7j...ayer_embedded#!
Please have a look at that video, at Durant at around the 2:00 mark...that is the sort of thing that I was hoping to achieve with the feature. There are player specific sequences, 'archetype' specific sequences, as well as special case stuff like pick 'n roll, escape dribbles etc.

At around the 2:30 mark Westbrook gets Nov out of position (by using some dribble moves)& drives, but instead of finishing kicks it out when he sees the double for the open look. Admittedly Nov's d was a little suspect there but he'd been putting in some long hours at that point

At 3:35 Durant does an inside out, gets Nov again and drives (finish is not the nicest, but my point being for the first time ever in the next gen Live/Elite series the cpu is actually looking to beat you off of the dribble instead of just running a quick play).
Interesting. Does the REAL AI apply to all players, or only the key go to guys on a team?

# 194 stepsix @ 09/06/10 03:34 PM
It's a tiered system - there is a set that everyone can choose from, a smaller set for each player category (eg power post players vs perimeter slashers), and then there's a third set for guys with distinctive styles (mostly allstar types). This applies to all moves that can be performed in the game (dribble moves, post game, gathers and layups). The only thing not capture by the system is passing.

# 195 FearlessKaz @ 09/06/10 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepsix
It's a tiered system - there is a set that everyone can choose from, a smaller set for each player category (eg power post players vs perimeter slashers), and then there's a third set for guys with distinctive styles (mostly allstar types). This applies to all moves that can be performed in the game (dribble moves, post game, gathers and layups). The only thing not capture by the system is passing.
Sounds real promising. It seems like it has the potential to go a long way in differentiating players.

Thanks for breaking it down.

# 196 Knickerbocker91 @ 09/07/10 05:27 PM
Lol, is it me or did it sounds like the fans were chanting "Let's Go Lakers" ?

# 197 nuttyrich @ 09/07/10 08:03 PM
The skating is crazy in this... especially when you have a PG and you back up.. it's like he's on super ice skates... hopefully because of the way they said it was filmed not direct capture.. that it won't look as FAST.

I have a feeling many will be surprised by this game. I think it will be better than most people think. Why they are not doing direct feeds when the game is finished is all done is beyond me, doesn't do justice for the game at all.

I'm a 2K Basketball fan I know 2k will be great this year but will be rooting for Elite to be a contender.. can never have TOO MUCH competition.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.