Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Quote:
"Via David Littman.

Hey guys...we will be putting out more and more videos as we drive to finish the game. Next week's videos will be direct capture, because these videos look a bit fast when just filmed with a camera in front of a TV. We will also have more gameplay that has not been seen yet...like put backs, more in-air collisions, hook shots, etc. As we get different dev guys playing the game, they each have different styles, so each set of videos will be different. We will focus on the CPU next week also. I will say that until you feel this game with your own hands (when you get the downloadable demo), it will be tough to understand how much control you truly have over the outcome of the game."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Well how about the a running hook, up and under, a fake into a spin or a step through. I don't think your able to do any of these in this game.
Wasnt the up and under in one of those vids. As far as the rest of the moves gos we have only seen a couple of post up where moves was attempted. We dont know what all you can do yet

# 162 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Now that im here, I dont care what the reasoning is

Bashing other members here for their opinions and or ignoring the mods warning a couple of pages back will result in a ban

Only warning
I'll play nice man. For the record, I posted my reply long before I got to the post from wwharton.

# 163 23 @ 09/05/10 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I'll play nice man. For the record, I posted my reply long before I got to the post from wwharton.
Wasnt speaking to you Bb... someone already got a yellow card for it purposely ignoring wwharton

It was general for the ones here who feel they have need to follow other posters around calling them out or calling people 2k fans or whatever the case might be

# 164 RayDog253 @ 09/05/10 07:17 PM
Quote:
NBA Live has never had any real complex post moves ever..And if the game is more stripped down than last years, i just put two and two together.
That's the thing, it's not.

The only animations they removed were two player animations that caused you to lose control of your player.

Now, I'm with the majority that thinks they should of added a lot more Animations then they did this year. Sigs, Sigs, Sigs would add a lot to this game.

# 165 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/05/10 07:17 PM
this is as bad as ive ever seen it around here.

People who like the game are being badgered..people calling others 2k fan boys..geez..

If someone likes the game, thats their perogative...and the reverse holds true also.

# 166 pdawg17 @ 09/05/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
this is as bad as ive ever seen it around here.

People who like the game are being badgered..people calling others 2k fan boys..geez..

If someone likes the game, thats their perogative...and the reverse holds true also.
That's the thing...if someone says they like the videos others chime in and basically say they are "crazy" or "blind"...doesn't each person get to have his/her own opinion? Are they trying to do me a favor and talk me out of the game? I don't get it...

# 167 ataman5 @ 09/05/10 07:22 PM
Quote:
Beauty huh? I think THIS is the crux of many people's issue with the direction. Having dude do things they just won't or can't do is not "sim" to them. But people want to keep arguing that it's the proper direction for a game that's supposed to be "sim"? You can't have it both ways? If you conceded that giving you total control is the way to go, then you're also conceding that core components of sim play are being sacrificed.
It's the execution, my friend. Execution. Sim is about how you execute going to your strengths within the frame of basketball and if you have your full control it's a beauty, if a user is dump enough to make a j with D. Howard then let him do pls, he willl suffer the consequence cause it won't execute, see.

You're definitely missing a 'big' point here. Shaq can throw a trey anytime he would like on court, he has the control but he knows he can't execute that so he won't and whenever he tries he will choke. And so on you can multiply the examples etc.

If you don't know who you control, and his capabilities, and if you don't know how to execute right with full control in your hands then you'll choke and this is sim in its fullest sense, that's the difference just pressing a button and waiting for the outcome, instead you'll decide on the outcome.

# 168 bruhman @ 09/05/10 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Sorry...forgot about the turbo thing...so should Dwight only make dunks then? Is that what it takes to make the game "sim"?
Im looking at it from a defense perspective if im holding dwight howard i want him to shoot a jumper from anywhere on the court because theres a high chance he wont make it, if hes consistently making short jumpers hes unguardable.In real life he might attempt a bank shot here and there, but he mostly shoots different running hooks, up and unders, and power post moves. Him hitting jumpers is like if Shaq shot the same free throw percentage as Steve Nash

# 169 23 @ 09/05/10 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-easy
When b-ball video games didn't have signature styles was any of them sim?

Someone please answer.

When someone is a previously banned user, does he create another user account?

I can answer that one as well but you take a guess

# 170 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 07:35 PM
Quote:
IMO, if EA is choosing to go for "total control" then to make it "sim" they need to make certain moves or actions FAIL with certain players...just because Dwight Howard would not go behind his back and between his legs on his way to the hoop in a real game does not mean I shouldn't be able to try it in the game...it just means he should fail MISERABLY at it...
I completely agree. And if it weren't for the trumpeting of "user determined outcomes", I would have assumed this would have been the case. But I don't know.

# 171 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 07:42 PM
Quote:
That's the thing...if someone says they like the videos others chime in and basically say they are "crazy" or "blind"...doesn't each person get to have his/her own opinion? Are they trying to do me a favor and talk me out of the game? I don't get it...
Come on man. That's not totally true. It's gone both ways.

# 172 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
NBA Live has never had any real complex post moves ever..And if the game is more stripped down than last years, i just put two and two together. The game doesn't even have that many animations to begin with.
But they have said they have worked on the post game

# 173 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
It's the execution, my friend. Execution. Sim is about how you execute going to your strengths within the frame of basketball and if you have your full control it's a beauty, if a user is dump enough to make a j with D. Howard then let him do pls, he willl suffer the consequence cause it won't execute, see.

You're definitely missing a 'big' point here. Shaq can throw a trey anytime he would like on court, he has the control but he knows he can't execute that so he won't and whenever he tries he will choke. And so on you can multiply the examples etc.

If you don't know who you control, and his capabilities, and if you don't know how to execute right with full control in your hands then you'll choke and this is sim in its fullest sense, that's the difference just pressing a button and waiting for the outcome, instead you'll decide on the outcome.
I know all of this. You miss the point of what I was saying. When you throw ALL of the elements you mentioned into the final stages to determine the outcome, if the user can OVERCOME all of those elements, it ceases to be sim. Whether or not you make it harder only goes so far if you have such a deterministic system driven primarily by the user and not the foundation of the game itself. If you have a player that has NO business taking a shot he doesn't take or shouldn't take, yet you can still hit that shot because you hit the "sweet spot", the suspension of reality is gone. The "sim" is broken.

# 174 neptuneniq @ 09/05/10 07:53 PM
that fast break with lebron......he doesnt use 2 hands! hmmph im mad

jk, kinda

certain parts of the video was good like howards post game and the dribbling.
still saw too many dunks, when ur suppose to have contact

# 175 Boilerbuzz @ 09/05/10 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
EA Sports presents: How to make a mediocre game look great, in 3 simple steps:

1) Invite people to play the game and hope some of them upload awful looking videos.

2) Release couple of gameplay videos that look horrible.

3) Release gameplay videos (Broadcast cam) that show a below average game, but because they look better than the previous ones, customers think that the game is great.

And there you have it, folks. It's all psychology.
That's cold dude. Although that has been done before, I doubt anyone would ever do that in the game's industry. Does make one think though.

# 176 tybud @ 09/05/10 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5

you are rite a hundred percent on that.

# 177 fatleg3 @ 09/05/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
it has most of these moves. you'll complain that the guy doing them looks like hakeem tho.

# 178 BiggD @ 09/05/10 08:14 PM
2 things i NEED to see...

1. CPU vs USER or CPU vs CPU (last year every team played the same...shot goes up after 2-3 passes,has this changed???)

2. This improved post play that EA have been talking about...where are the hook shots,up and unders and ball fakes etc...

this is a better video, i liked LBJ playing the passing lane for the steal but as stated many times already there are WAYYYYY too many dunks

# 179 AlphaTrojan @ 09/05/10 08:22 PM
The video isn't terrible but there are a few problems I have.
- RTP kicks in on occasion. Couple instances where players were slid out of the way. Ex: 1:03 & 4:53
- Generic dribble moves. D Wade dribbles the same as Chris Duhon. Also I'm sick of seeing the same behind the back move for everyone that performs it.
- Pick n Roll is too easy. On every instance the screener can receive an easy pass in the paint. 0:45 is a perfect example. The ball goes right past Wade's face without an attempt to deflect it.
- Pro hop and euro step seem to not be affected by RTP
- Paint is open for buisiness. Too easy to get into the paint by dribbling around on the perimeter.

# 180 tybud @ 09/05/10 08:23 PM
Quote:
I know all of this. You miss the point of what I was saying. When you throw ALL of the elements you mentioned into the final stages to determine the outcome, if the user can OVERCOME all of those elements, it ceases to be sim. Whether or not you make it harder only goes so far if you have such a deterministic system driven primarily by the user and not the foundation of the game itself. If you have a player that has NO business taking a shot he doesn't take or shouldn't take, yet you can still hit that shot because you hit the "sweet spot", the suspension of reality is gone. The "sim" is broken.
everything you stated up until the point you made about the sweetspot was rite. but why would there be a sweet spot for a player on the court if thats not his normal sweet spot. are you thinking that ea is giving out generic sweet spots.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.