Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 patch #3 is available now for the PS3. Will update this post when it is available for the 360.

*UPDATE: The Live Tuning Pack 3 has released for PS3, will update when it is available for the 360.

Here are the details, for those of you that don't know what is included.

Quote:
Title Update 3 (TU3)

* The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
* Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
* Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
* In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
* There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
* Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.

Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)

* Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
* Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
* Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
* Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
* Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
* Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
* Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
* Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
* Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 eraserx13 @ 09/07/10 01:01 PM
EA stated that there would be a "slight" inseason progression. My guess is that it occurs only when you produce stats better than what your ratings may suggest. So a 60 OVR RB running for 3000 yards will experience inseason progression is what I am thinking. I'll test it to see if this is true or not. Stay tuned.

# 102 renatus @ 09/07/10 01:02 PM
itīs possible to upload the Live Tuning Pack 3 file here please?

# 103 dalecooper @ 09/07/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I've noticed this. (PS3). Before the D would drop back and sit in one spot but now the D players shadow any player coming across the zone by strafing.
Please let this be true. I'm tired of my star safety being a basically meaningless player except on blitzes or when I control him myself.

# 104 Deegeezy @ 09/07/10 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyColtrane
Haven't checked in season progression, but the recruiting pitches are f****d up. I am recruiting a DE from Cali for San Diego St. and proximity to home is D+, I did not get a pipeline bonus for Texas, a FB recruit from Texas that I am recruiting for Penn State had a B+ for proximity while Baylor got a D+, and he was from WACO!!!! I haven't even gotten to the gameplay yet this s### has me so heated.

# 105 Ramminyou @ 09/07/10 01:05 PM
After playing the first half of one game (on All-American) and the first quarter of another (on Heisman), I have this to say:

THE CPU IS NOT OVERBLITZING EVERY DRIVE!!!

Man coverage is a bit too loose on AA, but I didn't touch any sliders so take that for what it's worth.

I THOUGHT man coverage was too loose on Heisman when I scored a TD rather easily against Nebraska by calling 4 Verticals over and over, but when I tried it again on the 2 following drives, here were the results:

Drive #2 - INT
Drive #3 - INT

It may have just been a fluke, but the man coverage was MUCH tighter after that first drive on the 4 Vert plays. It really felt like they were expecting it. The second pick was actually not on 4 Verts, but rather on a slant route that I hot routed to just to see how the D would react. Instead of predictably sending the house, the linebacker (not blitzing for once) was able to stand still while the pass practically zipped right into his facemask.

This is all I've tested so far, and I haven't tested much, but so far my biggest complaint appears to have been addressed. CPU is much smarter on D now.

# 106 jake44np @ 09/07/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
itīs possible to upload the Live Tuning Pack 3 file here please?
I dont believe it is possible to do this.

# 107 Sundown2600 @ 09/07/10 01:08 PM
Seriously guys do you notice the O Tackles seem to do a better job forcing the D Ends wide on pass plays? I'm seeing some nice pockets being formed for HUM and CPU. The game feels better bet a little easier on AA. Definitely gonna need some slider tweaks.

# 108 LionsFanNJ @ 09/07/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Seriously guys do you notice the O Tackles seem to do a better job forcing the D Ends wide on pass plays? I'm seeing some nice pockets being formed for HUM and CPU. The game feels better bet a little easier on AA. Definitely gonna need some slider tweaks.
Yes i have noticed this.

# 109 Chivs @ 09/07/10 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I dont believe it is possible to do this.
It is possible. Its been done with both the other ones and also the patches.

# 110 brahmagoul @ 09/07/10 01:11 PM
Will I have to restart my dynasty for the patch and/or tuning pack to take effect?

# 111 LionsFanNJ @ 09/07/10 01:12 PM
Erm. I know Cowboy stadium isn't grass, so why are the players uni's gettin dirty? LOL. Its not BAD but you see marks here and there on the uniforms.

# 112 fistofrage @ 09/07/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
Will I have to restart my dynasty for the patch and/or tuning pack to take effect?
Why does this question have to show up on every single page of a patch thread?

# 113 nwfdwill @ 09/07/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
not sure how it is on PS3, but it'll ask you to download it. it is separate from the patch.
Like it was said earlier, there will be a pop up that will say that your tuner is out of date and if you want to play any online games, you need to update it.

# 114 LionsFanNJ @ 09/07/10 01:14 PM
yeah, I'm pretty positive players react to receivers coming through their zone now. I just saw my MLB run with the TE who was running a cross through his zone.

# 115 Buckeyes_Doc @ 09/07/10 01:15 PM
I thought this was suppose to fix awarness for recruits? I just started a dynasty and every recruit I've been look at has a D or D- for awareness..

# 116 SecretAgentManCU @ 09/07/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyColtrane
Haven't checked in season progression, but the recruiting pitches are f****d up. I am recruiting a DE from Cali for San Diego St. and proximity to home is D+, I did not get a pipeline bonus for Texas, a FB recruit from Texas that I am recruiting for Penn State had a B+ for proximity while Baylor got a D+, and he was from WACO!!!! I haven't even gotten to the gameplay yet this s### has me so heated.

I'm not seeing this at all. I just created a new dynasty from Clemson. Players from SC are getting A+ proximity to home, and my pipe line states are getting their bonuses.

# 117 dalecooper @ 09/07/10 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Why does this question have to show up on every single page of a patch thread?
Because people are really, really lazy.

# 118 LionsFanNJ @ 09/07/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
I thought this was suppose to fix awarness for recruits? I just started a dynasty and every recruit I've been look at has a D or D- for awareness..
It fixed awareness PROGRESSION for them.

# 119 Solidice @ 09/07/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
it increases the progression of their awareness rating.

# 120 Ramminyou @ 09/07/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
I haven't looked at the notes since last night, but didn't they say AWR PROGRESSION was tuned?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.