Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 tybud @ 09/08/10 08:47 PM
now we can call this game a true sim. no stickey stuff going and plenty of freedom something this game lacked big time.

# 162 megamante360 @ 09/08/10 08:47 PM
yess!! this game will be a 9.3 out of 10!!!

# 163 magicman32 @ 09/08/10 08:48 PM
Cool video. I didn't even run plays beside the generic ones in 2k10 because they wouldn't save for whatever reason. Freestyle was sufficient for me though. I hope play saves are fixed in 2k11. I'm excited to play this game.

# 164 green94 @ 09/08/10 08:51 PM
That pass from Westbrook (in traffic between 3 guys) was just plain sick.

Czar hooking us up once again...

# 165 Da_Czar @ 09/08/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
Man I've probably looked through over 75 Westbrook pnr's (only took about 15 mins....gotta love Synergy) and I can't find any semblance of the 12 Double play.

Most of the picks set for Westy are coming out of the horns set or 4 down with only one big coming up.

Some are right wing picks with one player spaced just left of the top of the key (normally KD ), the other wing in the left corner with the remaining big in the right short corner.

The rest are step ups or brush picks by a trailing big in transition.

Looks like I might do some tweaks to the playbooks.

Hey Czar, do you know if most teams have the Horns set?

EDIT: Meant the "1 Go Double" play, not 12 Double.
Rip there are quite a few horns sets plays. I think the bobcats have a good portion of them also.

the pg wing screen plays are angles might be plays like 41 angle or 41 roll. Next year they are really going to have to spend some time with the UI on how the plays are presented and organized.

# 166 Da_Czar @ 09/08/10 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Will there really be 10 teams in ten straight days?
pending approval and its monday though friday. I say that at the beginning of the video but I'm sure most people didn't hear it and will be in here saturday morning like man they said 10 days.. ROTFLOL

# 167 kolanji @ 09/08/10 08:58 PM
@Da_Czar hey mein that video was mad sick Fam
that was a perfect 10..it was informal with side by side comparison to nba 2k10 which made the difference really sunk in;and u say u have nine more..... !!!!!
the compitition is no longer the other nba video game but David Stern himself for taking away some viewing time on televised games cause dudes would seem to b playing this game more that watching game lol
i can c it now after oct. 5th my wife would be like, and i quote
her: u still playing that video game?what happen to taking out the trash?
Me:yes beb that is what am trying to do to this guy online... am taking out the trash
her: whatever u can just stay on that couch then cause that is where u sleep tonight!
Me:
then am gonna have to beg to sleep in the bed and i will have to make her get up feeling like this
in the morning
u guys better bail me out this year and make sure saving mid game is back cause online i have no control over but if i cant even save during a offline game she is gonna destroy my xbox late one night while i sleep
joking man but seriously great job and i already crown u guys effort

# 168 DaveDQ @ 09/08/10 09:03 PM
I can't imagine how long it took to put this together and the work involved. Thanks so much. It's very informative.

# 169 ronyell @ 09/08/10 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Somebody please tell Sage that verse was just plain.....

SICK!!!
was thinkin the same thing. as great as the ino was... i was torn between the track, the info & the visual...

# 170 neptuneniq @ 09/08/10 09:14 PM
would be dope to use the play the Cavs always used with lebron...even if hes not with the team

Mo Takes the ball around the perimeter with a high post screen from Varejao
Parker stays at thewing
Lebron stays at the top of the perimeter
once screen is set Mo go towards the paint, as hes doing that
Lebron storms to the bucket for the paint for the dish while Z screens his man

a great play to execute

# 171 Jano @ 09/08/10 09:21 PM
After watching this again I got even more excited all I was thinkin about was how its going to effect my experience on offense but I completely forgot about the D. This year will finally have the CPU running an actual offense. No more of those same old back door plays that have been killing me for years.

The CPU will actually be looking for jumpshots and making isolation plays instead of laser passes into the paint. And the fact that AI understands the shot clock and which play will work for that situation brings a tear to my eye LOL!

Czar you really outdid yourself with this one man I hope you can throw in some of the new passing controls in one of the vids too. Show off some even more complex moves we can do with this new playbook.

# 172 sleepyshotta @ 09/08/10 09:28 PM
this was awesome, i can't wait to get the game

# 173 Phreezy P @ 09/08/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neptuneniq
would be dope to use the play the Cavs always used with lebron...even if hes not with the team

Mo Takes the ball around the perimeter with a high post screen from Varejao
Parker stays at thewing
Lebron stays at the top of the perimeter
once screen is set Mo go towards the paint, as hes doing that
Lebron storms to the bucket for the paint for the dish while Z screens his man

a great play to execute
Moon can do it!

# 174 locks07 @ 09/08/10 09:35 PM
good job man..lookng forward 2 the others!

# 175 DJ @ 09/08/10 09:43 PM
Czar, you are the man for hooking us up with this content. I'm blown away but what I've seen today ... finally we'll have functional playbooks in 2K! That was one of the things I liked about Live 10 was the playcalling system and how the plays actually created space for the intended player and were run in full-speed, not half-speed like in 2K.

Well, it appears 2K took a long, hard look at its game and realized that they needed to overhaul the system and they've given us a beauty! I can't wait to run with the Thunder in 2K11.

Oh and major props to Sage for killing it with the intro music!

# 176 spankdatazz22 @ 09/08/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
They fit all of this in one dev cycle? 2K just shattered the myth of a 1 year dev cycle supposedly not being long enough to really upgrade all aspects of a game. From My Player to the Jordan Challenge, to significant gameplay enhancements, I wouldn't be be mad if they jacked up the price for this game. It will be more than worth it on sheer content alone.
Agreed. The only other sports game I can remember that had this much content/attention to detail added in one dev cycle was NFL2K5... I remember remarking they threw the kitchen sink into that game. With this they threw the whole kitchen in. And stuck their foot up in it for good measure. Huge props to the Czar and Sage, much appreciated. This is gonna be one insane sports videogame.

# 177 bbolo84 @ 09/08/10 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSportsGamer
How can someone even Validate a Purchase of NBA Elite...

i imagine a fan in the stores...wearing sunglasess and a hoody....whispering to the gamestop clerk...

"yea umm...i said...ummm...Nba ...elite"

Gamespot clerk: i cant hear you...did you say ELITE!!!!

shhh shhh damn man...just gimmie the damn game...
LOL! That is the only way I see someone purchasing Elite. Funny stuff dude.

# 178 Raven Nation42 @ 09/08/10 09:57 PM
Great video Czar, looking forward to the next ones

# 179 Aces15 @ 09/08/10 09:59 PM
Man it's crazy to see how far Da_Czar's come. I remember your Night Before Christmas 2K7 video that got me to this site, and now you're doing exclusive videos for OS, previewing 2K11, with Sage spitting the intro...

GREAT Job, to everyone involved! That was awesome.

I don't think there's anything left to say about how great the game looked

# 180 domidomdomz @ 09/08/10 10:15 PM
Czar, have you tried saving your selected playbooks or you didn't bother to cause the assigned play by default are that good? I'm still worried about that after experiencing random resets of playbooks in 2K10. It seems like playbooks are attached to the Rosters file.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.