Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

The NCAA Football 11 patch #3 is available now for the 360.

*UPDATE: Live Tuning Pack 3 has been released.

Here are the details, for those of you that don't know what is included.

Quote:
Title Update 3 (TU3)

* The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
* Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
* Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
* In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
* There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
* Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.

Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)

* Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
* Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
* Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
* Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
* Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
* Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
* Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
* Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
* Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/09/10 03:36 PM
Yeah zone definitely works now. And LB's get burnt by WR's and fast TE's. About the only players LB's can hang with now is FB's, slow TE's and slow RB's. Seeing the cpu offense run trick plays more often now and doing more zone blitzes now, instead of the normal blitzing LB's up the middle all the time. Now they mix it up.

For the 1st time ever I got sacked by a CB zone blitz. Caught me off guard because all the LB's came up on the line and I thought they were going to blitz up the middle, but they fell back into zone and the CB's came from both sides.

Sure I got sacked, but it was a thing of beauty.

# 82 booker21 @ 09/09/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterai
This made me laugh out loud, because I know EXACTLY how you feel lol.....I try to tend to my wife's needs until she falls asleep......then I go turn on the 360...erases the guilt lol
LOL, this is exactly what i do.
Sometimes i just say to my self "hmmm are you not tired? go to sleep go to sleep". LOL

# 83 Methlab @ 09/09/10 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeus
Lol... Ironically, I am 32. Still loving teh single life. For now.... I must admit it is getting old.

But I digress. How is this patch working for teh 360?
Im your age..same way, no kids, no wife..I finally stopped dating different girls and having bed buddies and got a girlfriend. Just make sure yours is tolerant of video games. Mine likes to play with me, and I got pretty lucky. She does not like sportsgames though, but you can't win them all. I don't play video games nearly as much anymore and just buy 3-4 a year nowadays.

Can't wait to see how the patch works..I just got the game, so the timing is good for me.

# 84 fistofrage @ 09/09/10 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I've been married over 20 years and I'll second what the OP said ... family life (especially kids) FAR outweighs ANY pleasure that can be had from ANY video game! Now that said ... I can't wait to get in some NCAA time tonight!!! heehee

Yeah, family is a must. Last thing I'd want when I keel over dead is a bunch of leaches taking my possessions and a tombstone saying "He liked Video Games."

Basically, just substitute Scrooge's counting his money with an old Geezer playing video games his whole life and thats what will happen if you forego family for the high life.

Of course, once I tuck the family in bed tonight, NCAA here I come...

# 85 Darkeus @ 09/09/10 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Wont be like that forever mate...lol

One can only hope.... Lol..

Okay, no more!! I am home, and I am ready to see how this patch is working. Seems like the 360 version does not have the problems the PS3 version has. Maybe it is a good thing we had to wait.

# 86 SJag84 @ 09/09/10 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Confirm that the patch AND the tuner are available? If so, can someone update the thread title.
they are, i cant.

# 87 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/09/10 04:36 PM
Both are out. Tuner and patch.

# 88 Anaxamander @ 09/09/10 04:47 PM
For some reason I love partially off topic threads like this. I can read a few posts about the patch/tuner and then a few reflections about married life. In that spirit, let me contribute to both topics.

I've been married for 4 years, and I couldn't go back to the single life. I have a baby boy and a girl on the way in a few months, and a wife who's very understanding about my need to play videogames. What's going to be awesome is when my son gets old enough to play--maybe even my daughter. I can just imagine the **** battles we're going to have.

When it comes to the patch, I only played a few series during lunch, but I could tell the CPU run game was much improved. I was one of the guys who despised the 2nd patch. I quit playing and waited for this update, because I just couldn't deal with varsity. I'm holding out hope that AA will be viable again.

# 89 Curtis72094 @ 09/09/10 04:56 PM
nice,no more pump fake glitchers online

# 90 spoofrice11 @ 09/09/10 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson2k11
I would of liked them to fix the Play Action passing. Seems like every time I do a PA I get sacked or theres a mad rush on the QB, and NO ONE ever bites on the PA, not the lineman, and the rest of the defense sure doesn't. No one is ever open when doing a PA. And this is while having 200+ rush yds having rushed 20-30+ times in a game, still nothing on the PA. Anyone else see that same problem?
This is something I'm hoping is fixed as well. Defenders shouldn't get through so quick to the QB.

In RTG, as a RB I have No controll over the QB always getting sacked on these (sometimes getting a safety).

Also, hoping the speeds are fixed (95+ getting caught from behind by D-Linemen).

Is there anyway to tone down fumbles and fatigue (RB gets tired after 2-3 runs)?

Thanx!

# 91 eastsidegreg @ 09/09/10 07:03 PM
Well I guess I'm lucky as well, I'm 33 and I have two kids. My wife doesn't get upset when I play games cause all my other friends are at the tavern so she tollerates games. I am at work and am looking for as many updates on the patch and tuner as i can get.

# 92 Chessboxer1 @ 09/09/10 09:21 PM
will they ever fix the o-line pancakes being recorded or should i just be happy that my 3 stud junior lineman will be back for their senior year?

# 93 cam @ 09/10/10 12:51 AM
Do I need to restart my dynasty for all the patch to take effects?
I am half way into it. Thanks

# 94 Deegeezy @ 09/10/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam
Do I need to restart my dynasty for all the patch to take effects?
I am half way into it. Thanks
You do not but any recruits already generated won't be altered. The changes will go into effect next season once the game generates more recruits.

# 95 spoofrice11 @ 09/10/10 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB
For the fatigue I'm pretty sure that ties into your quarter length and there is no slider... Just the option to turn it off, adjust the auto sub slider, or manually bring up every players stamina(good luck). BTW To fix the speed problem you got there you need to look at speed threshold that controls exactly what you're talking about. Lower the number greater the difference between slow medium and fast players. This can be adjusted in the Settings along with Pass Block which would help cure that RTG problem. Maybe try out some of the setting in the slider forum? As for the fumbles thats an easy one RB button it your best friend along with Conservative running game plan!
That should cut the fumbles down a lot
I use the RB Button and my guy keeps fumbling anyway. I guess sometimes I put the Right stick up as well (maybe that's my problem)...

Too bad you can't adjust stamina. My guy has 95+ and still is tired after 3 runs and has to go out. Doesn't make sense to me.

# 96 cam @ 09/10/10 08:45 PM
I put the title update file on the USB drive, but when I load the game it didn't ask for update file.
How do I check if the patch is applied? Thanks

# 97 dodgerblue @ 09/10/10 10:31 PM
The latest patch and tuning pack have restored this game for me! I couldn't play it after the prior patch/tuner, now everything feels right save for a few aggravations (leaping linemen, occasional warping). I will no longer be trading this in for nhl 11 or nba 2k11.

# 98 SeaOfRed75 @ 09/11/10 01:02 AM
Played a couple games with the new patch and tuner in an OD, and Im not sure. Im undefeated as Nebraska and played Kansas in Lawrence. Not sure if the new patch was making the pretty damn bad 74 overall QB play well and fairly average 88 overall RB with average speed and pretty low agi/acc hop around like a cat or what.

Could be that good old away game not in this house AI kicking in (yeah intimidating Lawrence KS) or the the good old your undefeated and need to be strangely challenged by this 2-6 team AI.

Guess Ill see when I can advance it. Otherwise I might have to adjust sliders as a crappy cpu QB was a little too robo-like for me. and cpu Run blocking and/or RB ability slider might have gotten a noticeable boost.

Anyone else seeing this? Just me? Hopefully a one time thing.

# 99 shermas @ 09/11/10 11:26 AM
what's the difference between a title update and a tuning pack? do they both download when you start the game?

sorry if this is a newb question.

# 100 Buckeye @ 09/11/10 12:45 PM
Going to be starting over with new patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.