Home
News Post

According to RaceSimCentral and Virtualr, a new NASCAR title from Eutechnyx is set to arrive in February 2011.

Quote:
"Eutechnyx, a developer from the United Kingdom is working on their next big project, NASCAR.

Eutechnyx has previously worked on licenses like Ferrari, James Bond, 007 and Formula One and has now acquired the NASCAR license, which was previously held by EA. In addition, they’ve acquired the backing of Ed Martin, the new Vice President of Eutechnyx, who oversaw the NASCAR franchise at EA Sports for four years. Martin also worked as an executive producer at Hasbro Interactive and with racing simulation developer, Papyrus. “I am thrilled to become part of that team in what will no doubt be a defining year in our history,” said Martin about Eutechnyx."

Member Comments
# 1 BurghFan @ 09/09/10 08:40 AM
YES!!! Now if we could just get some more details. I still play 09 for the PS2 when I get the itch for some racing, but that game is terrible.

# 2 tommy4uf @ 09/09/10 11:43 AM
CHA CHING!!!!!!!! its been to long. Hopefully they can do a better job than EA has done recently. They really cant do any worse. I never played any of those games this company has made. are they any good

# 3 HuskerT @ 09/09/10 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Hopefully its sim and hopefully the AI is strategic in terms of pitting, etc.
Exactly! Nothing is more frustrating then when you are the only one that pits during a yellow. And then two laps into a green flag the other 42 cars pit! You end up winning because everyone else is at least a lap down!

# 4 King10Sooted @ 09/09/10 11:05 PM
I really hope this is a good sim NASCAR game. We need something that captures the atmosphere of a real race. I would love to see a good sim racing game with good physics and a great presentation.

Lets hope for lag free 43 car fields online too. Now that would kick ***!

# 5 Dazraz @ 09/10/10 04:30 PM
Great news. Their hasn't been a good NASCAR game since NASCAR Thunder.

# 6 woody2goody @ 09/11/10 05:01 PM
If it's for PS3 I'll definitely give it a look.

I had some of the EA efforts but they were patchy at best.

I think NASCAR is really good and I like the games, but in previous games I've tended to win or come last. I hope it adopts F1 2010's style of already giving you a good setup when you get to the track, and just allowing you to tweak it to suit your driving style.

Plus I find NR 2003 far too hard

# 7 bluengold34_OS @ 09/14/10 03:44 PM
This is really good news. I am going to have to try and sneak an interview with these guys, once the games released!

EDIT:

Well I was excited until I read that they hired the lead developer of the EA NASCAR series to head this project. Thats no knock on EA, but the NASCAR series hasnt been the most impressive. I will hold judgment, but to me, that wasnt the best move to make!

# 8 King10Sooted @ 09/14/10 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
This is really good news. I am going to have to try and sneak an interview with these guys, once the games released!

EDIT:

Well I was excited until I read that they hired the lead developer of the EA NASCAR series to head this project. Thats no knock on EA, but the NASCAR series hasnt been the most impressive. I will hold judgment, but to me, that wasnt the best move to make!
That guy was also involved in some Papyrus games if I recall correctly. I think EA just didnt really give a **** about NASCAR and it showed. If he is given a little more room to do what he wants it may not be a bad thing. We will have to see how it turns out I guess.

# 9 Chaos81 @ 09/14/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King10Sooted
That guy was also involved in some Papyrus games if I recall correctly.
Executive Producer
Papyrus Design Group

(Privately Held; Computer Games industry)

1994 — 1997 (3 years )

Responsible for all online aspects of Papyrus' racing game franchises:
- Design, development, integration, delivery & operation
- Business development
- Website & community
- Manage large internal & external teams & partners

# 10 bluengold34_OS @ 09/14/10 11:37 PM
Quote:
That guy was also involved in some Papyrus games if I recall correctly. I think EA just didnt really give a **** about NASCAR and it showed. If he is given a little more room to do what he wants it may not be a bad thing. We will have to see how it turns out I guess.
Thanks....that makes me feel a little bit better. I would agree, it seems like the "suits" over at EA tend to control a game, more then the rpoducers and developers. I got that feeling from the exit interviews Mike Wang did about EA as he left and went back to NBA 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
Executive Producer
Papyrus Design Group

(Privately Held; Computer Games industry)

1994 — 1997 (3 years )

Responsible for all online aspects of Papyrus' racing game franchises:
- Design, development, integration, delivery & operation
- Business development
- Website & community
- Manage large internal & external teams & partners
Nice find Mike, and it seems like he really wasnt a developer of the game, but more on the backend of things and implementation. I am suprised the guys at iRacing didnt take him with them.

# 11 Tidefan6869 @ 09/15/10 01:47 PM
I wonder if they check OS any? A suggestion thread might be a good idea. I would love to have the career mode from Thunder 04 (it was either 03 or 04 can't remember now) where you had the crew chief, engine builder, chassis builder, body builder, and shop that you had to pay for and hire better builders to get the better cars. If they could do that a take into affect that everyone else, AI, will also be building better cars they could have a great career mode. I'm not sure about running lower levels of Nascar b/c EA had bad games with them in it so it kinda left a bad impression on me. I read on their forum that some saw that an offical anouncement would be at the end of the month.

# 12 Chaos81 @ 09/15/10 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I am suprised the guys at iRacing didnt take him with them.
Papy was together until 2002-2003ish, according to that he left in 1997. He would have been long gone by the time iRacing came around. Looks like he was already with EA at that point.

# 13 King10Sooted @ 09/15/10 08:41 PM
Either way, this has to be better than EA's NASCAR games... right?

# 14 Lieutenant Dan @ 09/16/10 10:47 AM
Quote:
Either way, this has to be better than EA's NASCAR games... right?
One would hope so, but we really won't know until it comes out. My expectations are good, given they'll be free of any of EA's corporate influences in design (make it accessible to EVERYONE at the expense of the sport).

My only question is how long have they actually been working on this that it'll be ready in February? And we're just now hearing of it? Can't wait to see some screenies and vids...and especially some hands-on impressions from OS.

# 15 Happy29 @ 09/19/10 10:09 AM
Though I am hooked on iRacing I am looking forward to giving this a try.

# 16 King10Sooted @ 09/19/10 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondgirl0072
I hope this game has all the race tracks and the double digit laps and the triple digit laps. looking forward to more info about this game.
They should have all the NASCAR tracks if they have the NASCAR license. I would be surprised if they didnt give us long races too, I am sure that will be in.

# 17 Papytendo @ 09/24/10 07:22 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a publisher.

http://www.1up.com/news/activision-t...ame-publishing

# 18 mwjr @ 09/24/10 07:23 PM
Quote:
Not to mention the fact that NASCAR 09 made amazing strides over NASCAR 08. There's hope.

# 19 mwjr @ 09/24/10 07:28 PM
My concern is that it's already September. Will they be able to put together a quality game by February??

# 20 kapenn90 @ 09/25/10 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
My concern is that it's already September. Will they be able to put together a quality game by February??
One would assume they've been working on it for sometime

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.