Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

If the embed doesn't work for you, click here.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 Nodima @ 09/10/10 06:27 PM
On this video they messed up for a moment and 2K10 was under 2K11 footage, but after a minute or two the logo is correct. Most of this video is 2K11.

# 202 Da_Czar @ 09/10/10 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews

Czar, quick question for you now that I think of it. In years past, it's been very difficult, though possible. To take someone smaller like CP3 and dominate. He could never truly break anyone down and if he went up for a layup he would often get blocked because of nothing besides height differential. In your two videos it looked like Parker and Westbrook were able to use their speed to gain advantages and get open layups, which is very true to life and NBA accurate. However, those two are a bit taller than CP3. If you've played with CP3. Have you noticed whether or not you could truly dominate with him? Don't get me wrong, I've had games where I score 30+ with him. But it's a very, very difficult 30 points and I don't feel as though I'm able to consistently get buckets the way he does in real life. Thanks for your response if you're able to. I appreciate your work.
Tcrews enjoyed reading your post and I also felt that same frustration... The defensive recovery speed was ridiculous LOL. I did not get the chance to play with cp3 but I don't see you having any issues using him to his maximum effectiveness.

The hardest thing for me to adjust to was making the right decision early. In the past you kind of knew exactly what would happen when you beat someone. This year it changes as you can see in the videos when I talked about the pick and roll.

So there are many instances where I should have pulled up and taken that 15 footer instead of pressing all the time.

The game really shines in a 12 minute quarter situation. Because sometimes the help will just be bad and you get all the way to the cup but its not like before where your worried the game is broken. Your more like I need to get as many of those as possible...

But over the course of 48 minutes you can pace yourself and pick your spots. There are sometimes however where a "great" shot is not available and that is where my difficulty came in. Not used to being defended that well without cheese and acknowledging to myself that its "ok" to take that shot because I won't get a better one this possession.

Just when I was getting to that level of depth in the game my time with it was over. It takes me a moment to really settle into a game. I can not wait to get my hands on this puppy with no time limits and no expectations but my own. I would have some absolutely brilliant moments in between capturing specific things.

2k11 does things as you can see AI wise that no game has really done or done as well. Now that is my short play synopsis. I will know much more as I said when I can get KNEE deep into it.

But the stuff your seeing in the videos is not a gimmick or things I only saw one time. Talking with the dev's this stuff was purposefully input into the game to make it more realistic.

Its the synergy of all the different elements they repaired. ( still some parts need repairing) that come together to make a dam fine product if your into sim hoops.

# 203 Da_Czar @ 09/10/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
On this video they messed up for a moment and 2K10 was under 2K11 footage, but after a minute or two the logo is correct. Most of this video is 2K11.
Yeah I saw that after it was already uploading. the perfectionist in me wanted to change it but I was certain you guys could figure it out. To redo that and re export and re render and re upload would have added at least another hour and a Half to your wait yesterday. So I just left it.

# 204 WTF @ 09/10/10 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Tcrews enjoyed reading your post and I also felt that same frustration... The defensive recovery speed was ridiculous LOL. I did not get the chance to play with cp3 but I don't see you having any issues using him to his maximum effectiveness.

The hardest thing for me to adjust to was making the right decision early. In the past you kind of knew exactly what would happen when you beat someone. This year it changes as you can see in the videos when I talked about the pick and roll.

So there are many instances where I should have pulled up and taken that 15 footer instead of pressing all the time.

The game really shines in a 12 minute quarter situation. Because sometimes the help will just be bad and you get all the way to the cup but its not like before where your worried the game is broken. Your more like I need to get as many of those as possible...

But over the course of 48 minutes you can pace yourself and pick your spots. There are sometimes however where a "great" shot is not available and that is where my difficulty came in. Not used to being defended that well without cheese and acknowledging to myself that its "ok" to take that shot because I won't get a better one this possession.

Just when I was getting to that level of depth in the game my time with it was over. It takes me a moment to really settle into a game. I can not wait to get my hands on this puppy with no time limits and no expectations but my own. I would have some absolutely brilliant moments in between capturing specific things.

2k11 does things as you can see AI wise that no game has really done or done as well. Now that is my short play synopsis. I will know much more as I said when I can get KNEE deep into it.

But the stuff your seeing in the videos is not a gimmick or things I only saw one time. Talking with the dev's this stuff was purposefully input into the game to make it more realistic.

Its the synergy of all the different elements they repaired. ( still some parts need repairing) that come together to make a dam fine product if your into sim hoops.
This post has made me more excited about a bball title than I've been in a while. Especially about the accepting a bad shot because the d has played you so well.

# 205 Knickerbocker91 @ 09/10/10 11:35 PM
Damn this is awesome.

# 206 Proff56 @ 09/13/10 04:30 PM
Great work man. much appreciated

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.