Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports just confirmed NBA 2K11 will feature a half-time show presented by Damon Bruce.

Quote:
"Shout-out to our Half-Time Show presented by awesome @KNBR Host @DamonBruce. You'll see a great halftime presentation next week."

Who is Damon Bruce?

Quote:
"Damon Bruce is the host of San Francisco-based KNBR's "The Damon Bruce Show", on KNBR 1050, broadcast live from KNBR's downtown studio. The show airs from 12-noon to 4:00pm, M-F on KNBR 1050. Pacific Time.

Bruce joined KNBR in October 2005 as the host of, Sportsphone 680. Along with his hosting duties on Sportsphone 680, Damon Bruce also served as the post-game host of the San Francisco Giants, San Francisco 49ers and the Golden State Warriors. It is believed Damon will continue to host 49ers post-game even though he's departed Sportsphone 680 for his own midday show."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 TreyIM2 @ 09/10/10 11:25 AM
I don't know who this guy is but he betsta be good ;P

Anyway, more goodness about this game but I'm still concerned about those controls. Test drive comes Tuesday.

Oh, for those talking about the dev cycle excuse, I think we also have to remember that we're talking about different engines when it comes to 2K's and EA's sports game engines. EA devs speak on the cycle issue based on what the engine can do such as the Madden engine. It's a limited one and the need for disc space may be something that can help it out but the PS3 and 360 have different amounts of disc space, as we all know so they have to cater lower of the two when it comes to that.

It's been far obvious that the 2K sports engines are more advanced than EA's for years, now. Their engines seem extremely flexible which allows them to add such great detail to the visuals and animations. Definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this demo early Weds morn (sux that my new job is 3p-12a) unless the demo happens to hit early on the PS3 before I leave out on Tues afternoon but I doubt it.

# 62 spankdatazz22 @ 09/10/10 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Oh, for those talking about the dev cycle excuse, I think we also have to remember that we're talking about different engines when it comes to 2K's and EA's sports game engines. EA devs speak on the cycle issue based on what the engine can do such as the Madden engine. It's a limited one and the need for disc space may be something that can help it out but the PS3 and 360 have different amounts of disc space, as we all know so they have to cater lower of the two when it comes to that.
It still comes off as an excuse imo. Especially this year in Madden, when there was no added halftime show/huge expansion on presentation across the board, minimal franchise improvements, and the attention to gameplay that was touted resulted in complete imbalance in favor of the offense at default. Not to mention the player interaction/tackling issues that have plagued the game for years. Imo it's less about disc space/resources and more about what the developers chose to focus those resources on. In hindsight it seems the Madden devs put most of their resources into the 22 players on the field (graphics) and didn't place much emphasis on other necessities. And it's slowed progression of the game severely.

Really looking forward to the NBA2K11 halftime presentation though. Don't know if they'd be able to build the intelligence that NFL2K5 had with replays. I'm still amazed that game had commentators breaking down plays using a telestrator (even with offensive lineplay!) w/specific commentary. Still it's shocking what 2K's been able to accomplish with this year's game. They seem to have made a conscious effort to significantly improve every facet of the game, including adding new modes with the Jordan stuff - which almost could be a game by itself. Not sure how much they succeeded in bringing things together, but imo this goes beyond any effort a sports developer has done to date in a single dev cycle - including NFL2K5.

# 63 idesign2 @ 09/10/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
but anyone get the feeling all these improvements are too good to be true. the game seems such a big step up from 2k10 that i can see it maybe falling aflat for a few people if everything isn;t as perfect as all this news and features and vid are makign it out to be.
This is kinda how I'm feeling right now. All of the new additions and enhancements so far sound INCREDIBLE, but I also know this game won't be perfect. The big question is, will the faults outweigh all of the improvements? I doubt it, but none of us know that for sure yet.

Expectations for this game have been built up so large now that it will be interesting to see whether 2K will be able to meet them. Halftime show sounds great, but will it live up to what we got with NFL 2K5? Jordan challenge sounds intriguing, but will it be too hard or too limiting? Will anybody ever be able to actually complete the challenge? Having classic teams is a dream come true, but will there be too many restrictions on how to use them? My Player improvements are impressive, but will the problems that plagued the 2K10 version still exist? New playcalling system sounds like an improvement, but will people actually use it? You get where I'm going with this.

Bottom line: This game is without question a first-day purchase for me, but I'm keeping my expectations in check.

# 64 Daking0325 @ 09/10/10 12:51 PM
2k must be trying to put other companies out of business lol

I hope this raises the bar for sports games period

# 65 Jakeness23 @ 09/10/10 01:20 PM
OMG with all of the new information coming out all the time, I get way too excited and forget half of what I read. Let's see... better controls, AI improvements, overall gameplay improvements, more sigs, more shoes, much better presentation, Jordan Challenge, My Player improvements, Creating a Legend... it's almost too much and they STILL haven't announced everything. If the create a player is fixed just simply giving a few more options to personalize it a little more and having new accessories, I really would not be mad paying $100 or more for this game. It's almost like we're robbing them... The people at 2K sports are THE best game developers...ever.

# 66 jayman504 @ 09/10/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
OMG with all of the new information coming out all the time, I get way too excited and forget half of what I read. Let's see... better controls, AI improvements, overall gameplay improvements, more sigs, more shoes, much better presentation, Jordan Challenge, My Player improvements, Creating a Legend... it's almost too much and they STILL haven't announced everything. If the create a player is fixed just simply giving a few more options to personalize it a little more and having new accessories, I really would not be mad paying $100 or more for this game. It's almost like we're robbing them... The people at 2K sports are THE best game developers...ever.
God Damn it son...don't give them anymore ideas...

# 67 jeebs9 @ 09/10/10 01:24 PM
I wonder if this will be online as well. It would be nice if 2k could get some sort of check off system during replays if you want to watch. Because I see a lot frustrated opponents spamming the X button to skip it online.

# 68 Jakeness23 @ 09/10/10 01:29 PM
Ha my fault.. just so damn excited hahaha

# 69 jeebs9 @ 09/10/10 01:31 PM
Quote:
QFT......

Thats probably why I buy 2 NBA2k's every year lol

# 70 jayman504 @ 09/10/10 01:37 PM
I can't lie...I haven't gotten this hyped for a 2k ball game in some time. I just hope my homie can come through for me with my copy asap!

Had plans to buy Black Op's...but don't think I'll have anytime to play it

# 71 youvalss @ 09/10/10 01:41 PM
I just hope Damon Bruce doesn't have a catch phrase like this guy...

# 72 jayman504 @ 09/10/10 01:45 PM
Is there any new info coming out today??

look at me...like a addict looking for a quick fix...

# 73 yungflo @ 09/10/10 01:47 PM
Quote:
that's blasphemy, the game is about 64 dollars with tax..I'm not paying a cent over MSRP.

# 74 youvalss @ 09/10/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504

We're supposed to get another Czar video.

# 75 yungflo @ 09/10/10 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
We're supposed to get another Czar video.
does anyone know what team?

# 76 youvalss @ 09/10/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
does anyone know what team?
Nahh, it's up to Czar. 2 days ago Ronnie thought the next team (after the Thunder) would be the Jazz, but at the end it was the Spurs.

# 77 youvalss @ 09/10/10 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504

And here's some info from Ronnie2K:

Quote:
RT @JWestBCM@Ronnie2K what and when is the next insight->Presentation, hoping for Wednesday but too early to tell.

# 78 jayman504 @ 09/10/10 01:54 PM
So guess we'll all be waiting til about 5 oclock when the next vid hits.....perfect gift when i finish work...

# 79 bigsmallwood @ 09/10/10 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I don't know who this guy is but he betsta be good ;P

Anyway, more goodness about this game but I'm still concerned about those controls. Test drive comes Tuesday.

It's been far obvious that the 2K sports engines are more advanced than EA's for years, now. Their engines seem extremely flexible which allows them to add such great detail to the visuals and animations. Definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this demo early Weds morn (sux that my new job is 3p-12a) unless the demo happens to hit early on the PS3 before I leave out on Tues afternoon but I doubt it.
Still giving them an excuse and an out. Disc space is meaningless at this point due to the fact that DVD-9 is capable of holding all sorts of goodies. (See: NFL 2K5, CH2K8, etc.) Its just a lack of effort/talent at that company.

I for one cannot wait until this game is released!

# 80 Dazraz @ 09/10/10 04:14 PM
A natural extension to the impressive dynamic commentary from 2K10. This is going to be the best sports game of this generation of consoles.

This is, quite simply, how sport games should be made.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.