Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 demo is available now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • You can only play as the Lakers, can't play as the Celtics
  • 4 minute demo
  • Can't run plays
  • LT+RT to post up
  • No replay
Please discuss the demo here and post your impressions. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 06:52 AM
Have you guys tried full-court passes yet?

NOT ON 2k11 baby.

# 82 Muzyk23 @ 09/14/10 06:52 AM
drive and kick game is definitely back

# 83 Mecca_G @ 09/14/10 06:53 AM
Does anyone feel like the "intense D" button (LT) is lacking a little something? Still seems like if you encountered a cheeser, he could just iso motion you to death!

Other than that for me, I am loving it. Its like playing something that is familiar, but new in many ways. I think I am going to have fun with this come Oct.

Oh, and I noticed the Ally oops I through, no one dunked it, everyone laid it in. (and I threw one to Kobe and one to Pau) But I reserve some of my thoughts until the retail game drops. However, I am impressed with the improvements.

# 84 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/14/10 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Wow im rusty i forced to many passes inside and i turned the ball over alot. Wow at the presententation in the demo can't wait for the full version. I'm going to need alot more practice.
one of the first things i noticed, cant just assume that getting the ball in the post is going to be a given

# 85 RubenDouglas @ 09/14/10 06:54 AM
-Rondo picked Blakes pocket and Blake dives on the floor to try and get the ball as Rondo runs down court. Sickest fall down animation I've ever seen.

-Kobe goes up strong and there is simply a deflection somewhere and the ball sorta volley balls up a dozen feet. TURNOVER.

-Control will get used to. At times you feel like you have no control over your player but with time, I feel you can learn how the game works. Momentum is key.

I;m thoroughly impressed.

-CPU celtics will have a mismatch and when I reset going back to the top of the key, the CPU does as well.

-Whoever said no more laser passes into the key is right. I am seeing a great amount of variety in how the CPU scores.

I dont think Ill stop playing all today.

On the other side of things, youll find a few quirky PASS OUT OF SHOT animations where the player might do a behind the head or behind the back pass..

# 86 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 09/14/10 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca_G
Does anyone feel like the "intense D" button (LT) is lacking a little something? Still seems like if you encountered a cheeser, he could just iso motion you to death!

Other than that for me, I am loving it. Its like playing something that is familiar, but new in many ways. I think I am going to have fun with this come Oct.

Oh, and I noticed the Ally oops I through, no one dunked it, everyone laid it in. (and I threw one to Kobe and one to Pau) But I reserve some of my thoughts until the retail game drops. However, I am impressed with the improvements.
how do you throw an ally oop again?

# 87 Kashanova @ 09/14/10 06:55 AM
looks like dynamic attendance might be in this years version

# 88 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 06:56 AM
Is it me or does 2k11 have Real Time Physics?

# 89 B-Work @ 09/14/10 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canquain
Anyone else disconnect from Xbox Live when playn the demo?
Yea me too .... also is it just me or can we not switch teams .... plz help .. thx

# 90 CaCHooKa Man @ 09/14/10 06:59 AM
i wish you could at least make substitutions. ive played 4 times already and the only subs have come from the computer with the celtics.

# 91 Cubfan @ 09/14/10 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Work
Yea me too .... also is it just me or can we not switch teams .... plz help .. thx
Yep i when i went to play the demo was disconected from xbl everytime. You can only play as the Lakers in the demo.

# 92 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 07:00 AM
I just saw most awesome animation:

Kobe is playing tight defense on Ray Allen and in a defensive stance, he quickly wipes the sweat off his palms on the back of his jersey!!!!!

# 93 Mecca_G @ 09/14/10 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
how do you throw an ally oop again?
Ally oop = LT + B

# 94 ocat @ 09/14/10 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man

Can i get an order of corn chips with this!

# 95 elprez98 @ 09/14/10 07:03 AM
KG is destroying me in the post. Dammit man!!!

# 96 Muzyk23 @ 09/14/10 07:06 AM
CPU using backboard on jumpers

# 97 4UP @ 09/14/10 07:08 AM
Sorry, ignore this post.

# 98 DakkoN @ 09/14/10 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4UP
So are we able to play as the Celtics or not?
It's been said like 5 times in this thread already. The answer is no.

# 99 Nephilim @ 09/14/10 07:10 AM
Isn't there supposed to be some sort of right stick passing? Or did I just made that up and it's just in the other game?
edit:lol found it...

# 100 Da_Czar @ 09/14/10 07:12 AM
Not great hoops by me... Bootleg solution to running plays makes me pick up my dribble. But its something for the PS3 members of the Nation to look at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buSoB7ZrXCg

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.