Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 demo is available now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • You can only play as the Lakers, can't play as the Celtics
  • 4 minute demo
  • Can't run plays
  • LT+RT to post up
  • No replay
Please discuss the demo here and post your impressions. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1581 youvalss @ 09/23/10 09:44 PM
I have a question:

Guys, is it possible to control where the tipoff ball goes? I mean, there were some older games that enabled you to control where to tip the ball (as long as you won the tipoff) - like pushing the stick to the direction you want while jumping. And it was pretty useful, especially when there was a tipoff at one of the FT-line areas.

Is there such thing in 2K11?

# 1582 RipCity71252 @ 09/23/10 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I have a question:

Guys, is it possible to control where the tipoff ball goes? I mean, there were some older games that enabled you to control where to tip the ball (as long as you won the tipoff) - like pushing the stick to the direction you want while jumping. And it was pretty useful, especially when there was a tipoff at one of the FT-line areas.

Is there such thing in 2K11?
Yup, you can. I've routinely tipped to Kobe in the demo on command. Just point to the player you want to tip it to with the RS.

# 1583 youvalss @ 09/23/10 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
Yup, you can. I've routinely tipped to Kobe in the demo on command. Just point to the player you want to tip it to with the RS.
OK, thanks. That's great!

Anyway, here's a little alley-oop highlight video I found. A bit cheesy, but still cool...

# 1584 kennyacid @ 09/23/10 11:30 PM
any word on weather or not they was able to work on a patch or future plans on workin on one,so we can walk the ball down the court? I know its something little but it plays a big part in my play style and that gangsta lean walk aint cuttin it for me. Not a game killer by no means just something thats was really useful last year.

# 1585 holymoly @ 09/23/10 11:41 PM
Is it just me or does Andrew Bynum look a little like Tracy Morgan in 2k LOL?

# 1586 ffpp @ 09/24/10 09:05 AM
I watched a bunch of demo footage for 2k11 and it seems that very often there is this weird *Wheeeeew!* cheer coming from the stands.
Anybody else noticed this ?

I have the funny feeling that we will hear that quite often in the Staples Center, might annoy the home team quit a bit over the course of a season

# 1587 drewbs @ 09/24/10 09:39 AM
Quote:

Anyway, here's a little alley-oop highlight video I found. A bit cheesy, but still cool...

I sincerely hope there is some adjustment that can be made to...

1) stop all the alley-oops in traffic
2) stop Derek Fisher from finishing all those. Seriously, the dude misses every layup he takes when he drives, much less on an alley-oop
3) make those over the shoulder passes from Andrew Bynum go sailing out of bounds. I do not think I have ever seen him make an alley-oop pass, much less an over the shoulder, no look alley oop pass.

# 1588 blues rocker @ 09/24/10 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffpp
I watched a bunch of demo footage for 2k11 and it seems that very often there is this weird *Wheeeeew!* cheer coming from the stands.
Anybody else noticed this ?

I have the funny feeling that we will hear that quite often in the Staples Center, might annoy the home team quit a bit over the course of a season

Yeah...it's this one annoying guy that keeps yelling "wooooooooooohoo" in the crowd...pretty annoying. I have the ps3 version...i don't know if it's in the xbox version.

# 1589 SDJHood93 @ 09/24/10 10:54 AM
Man last night I made an alley-oop pass to Kobe and instead of dunking it, he did a reverse layup in the air. It was some pretty sick stuff.

# 1590 Peninc @ 09/24/10 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly
Is it just me or does Andrew Bynum look a little like Tracy Morgan in 2k LOL?
Its not just you...The 2k Bynum hasnt looked at all like its real life counterpart in the last few years. Face is off and so is body model.

# 1591 NDAlum @ 09/24/10 04:56 PM
Saw a very cool sequence where Gasol threw Rondo's shot past half court and Kobe scooped it up and went in for the huge one hand slam. It was awesome

# 1592 cheesesteak @ 09/24/10 05:37 PM
Quote:

whats the music in that video?

# 1593 SDJHood93 @ 09/24/10 06:59 PM
Yeah I don't think Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol look that realistic. They could use some improvement.

# 1594 countryboy @ 09/25/10 02:57 PM
how do you throw alley-oops?

BTW...I LOVE playing defense in this game. Granted its on an easier level, but nothing like coming over with the weak side help and tossing the basketball into the crowd.

Is it Oct 5th yet?

# 1595 phenom1990 @ 09/25/10 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
how do you throw alley-oops?
L2 and circle.

# 1596 carnalnirvana @ 09/25/10 04:37 PM
those alley ops, dont scare me because i know we will kill those off with sliders day 1.

however help defense is way too late in this game and also every cut is guaranteed 2.

i wish defenders would chip guys trying to slip to the hole. also dribbling is a bit too easy for everyone....

# 1597 countryboy @ 09/25/10 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom1990
L2 and circle.
thanks phenom!

# 1598 Got The Goods @ 09/25/10 05:20 PM
2k's demo sucks. I feel like I'm playing 2k10. I feel like 2k is trying to sell us on Michael Jordan, cause other than that it's the same exact game as 2k10.

# 1599 fatleg3 @ 09/25/10 05:51 PM
This demo is growing on me as i learn the controls. Does anyone know about the 2k servers. I know they are getting new ones but does that mean 2k will be playable online because last yr i could not get through one game online.

Also does anyone know if there will be a seperate section or screen for online because the way it was in 2k10 was horrible

# 1600 kennyacid @ 09/25/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
This demo is growing on me as i learn the controls. Does anyone know about the 2k servers. I know they are getting new ones but does that mean 2k will be playable online because last yr i could not get through one game online.

Also does anyone know if there will be a seperate section or screen for online because the way it was in 2k10 was horrible
i just hope the lobbies are better because last year the set up was bottom of the barrel trash lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.