Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

The NBA 2K11 demo is available now for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
  • You can only play as the Lakers, can't play as the Celtics
  • 4 minute demo
  • Can't run plays
  • LT+RT to post up
  • No replay
Please discuss the demo here and post your impressions. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Da_Czar @ 09/14/10 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDoubleHockeySticks
I've accidentally ran plays for Kobe a few times. You have to use the LB button to somehow get a red circle under the player you wish to run the play for, then click a face button (A,B,X, or Y) and play art will show up.
Yeah THIS its tricky to do consistently though.

# 162 JrDoubleHockeySticks @ 09/14/10 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Yeah THIS its tricky to do consistently though.
Woah, my first post was quoted by Da Czar haha.

Care to elaborate on the timing of using the LB button for the demo Czar (or anyone else who has figured it out so far)? It seems in your 10 days previews that the LB button will have a display when pressed in the actual game, yes?

# 163 jeebs9 @ 09/14/10 08:32 AM
Why would they only allow the Lakers to be able to play? Can you play 2 players?

# 164 SageInfinite @ 09/14/10 08:34 AM
I just saw PP's set shot. HOLY CRAP.

# 165 KyotoCarl @ 09/14/10 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k10Fonzarelli

Hey Czar, this demo build the same one you've been working with? Minus of course the limited team and menu selections.
Builds don't really apply to demos. They could have the most recent "build" and then just strip features from it since you can turn on and turn off features in games before they're shipped.

# 166 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 09/14/10 08:35 AM
Does Kobe new kicks or is everbody wearing generics???

# 167 2k10Fonzarelli @ 09/14/10 08:37 AM
wow, they got KG clapping his hands when matched face-up on Defense.

Did I not notice that last year?

I see why Czar's latest series is focused on the play calling and the plays themselves. 2K has obviously put alot of work in this area to be on par with, if not surpass, the competition.

From what I've played so far, I wonder if 'cheese' complaints will come from people not knowing how to defend basketball plays instead of people who can't stop 1 on 1 slashers like Lebron and Kobe.

@KyotoCarl I'll do well to remember that, thanks.

# 168 Da_Czar @ 09/14/10 08:42 AM
Quote:
yup, your onto something.

I'm liking these icons for off-ball movements and double teams.

Hey Czar, this demo build the same one you've been working with? Minus of course the limited team and menu selections.
No I don't think they are the same build. Can't tell if its earlier or later.

# 169 SageInfinite @ 09/14/10 08:42 AM
Wow driving and going into Kobe's pullup jumper feels amazing!

# 170 JrDoubleHockeySticks @ 09/14/10 08:43 AM
I know we're on the topic of playcalling the last few post but... has anyone been able to pull off a hard foul? and if so how was the animation? i havent done one yet. It says to use turbo and the right stick but when exactly?

# 171 MrZone @ 09/14/10 08:44 AM
......this is the first sports demo....ever....where I was blown away. The gameplay is sharp, the AI is even sharper. This feels like a real NBA game.

# 172 Da_Czar @ 09/14/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDoubleHockeySticks
Woah, my first post was quoted by Da Czar haha.

Care to elaborate on the timing of using the LB button for the demo Czar (or anyone else who has figured it out so far)? It seems in your 10 days previews that the LB button will have a display when pressed in the actual game, yes?
haha Man apologies I didn't know that was your first post I ususally give a welcome to the OS when I see that.. SOOOOOoooo Welcome to the OS baby !!! Hope you stick around.

Its not real consistent but if you get into the halfcourt and then tap the lb then quickly the player icon and a play sometimes it works... so like Kobe's icon is B so I go lb the b and b again for that play. When its done right you see a red indicator under the player. Like it said its not very consistent at this point but its in there.

# 173 SageInfinite @ 09/14/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone
......this is the first sports demo....ever....where I was blown away. The gameplay is sharp, the AI is even sharper. This feels like a real NBA game.
Yes is does feel very authentic. Just breathes the NBA, and it's only a demo. SMH. Barebones at that.

# 174 jeebs9 @ 09/14/10 08:46 AM
So I repeat....You can't play 2 player games? Where someone else plays as the celtics?

# 175 2k10Fonzarelli @ 09/14/10 08:46 AM
Quote:
No I don't think they are the same build. Can't tell if its earlier or later.
well either way, it's pretty damn sweet. Good stuff with 10 team in 10 days BTW, been thoroughly enjoying those. Sage you too, man. Intro is dirty.

# 176 SageInfinite @ 09/14/10 08:48 AM
Quote:
well either way, it's pretty damn sweet. Good stuff with 10 team in 10 days BTW, been thoroughly enjoying those. Sage you too, man. Intro is dirty.
Thanx alot my man, appreciate it.

# 177 JrDoubleHockeySticks @ 09/14/10 08:49 AM
Quote:
haha Man apologies I didn't know that was your first post I ususally give a welcome to the OS when I see that.. SOOOOOoooo Welcome to the OS baby !!! Hope you stick around.

Its not real consistent but if you get into the halfcourt and then tap the lb then quickly the player icon and a play sometimes it works... so like Kobe's icon is B so I go lb the b and b again for that play. When its done right you see a red indicator under the player. Like it said its not very consistent at this point but its in there.
Thanks Czar ahah.

People need to read this (by this i mean the BOLD print), i just tried it and it works for me almost everytime now. Also, i'm gonna try Lb to B to A, X, B and Y to see if those are different plays as well

# 178 Boreez2000 @ 09/14/10 08:49 AM
Quote:

Yeah, i think it depends on where you're standing....for some reason you can't start the play at any spot on the floor, but top of the three point line, in the middle of the court seems to be pretty reliable

# 179 stizz @ 09/14/10 08:49 AM
Don't think so jeebs. The only options are resume, view controls and quit when you pause the game.

Nice work figuring out the playcalling too guys.

# 180 NYCDaFuture @ 09/14/10 08:49 AM
Dzcar.. 2k gameplay def betta.. But come on son... 2k11 demo takes us offline so we can't connect to xbox live?? Wat kind of bs is dat?? No excuses.. Wat kind of bs doesn't let us choose Boston or lakers.. I mean on 2k facebook it says who u gonna choose??? Lmao online is gonna b trash let's jus keep it a 100... Ghost

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.