Home
News Post

THQ Announces May 2011 Release Date For Red Faction(R)
ArmageddonTM; Bolsters Strong Fiscal 2012 Line-Up

AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Sep 13, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced an updated core games release schedule that reflects a consistent, steady launch of hit titles in fiscal 2012, now including Red Faction(R) ArmageddonTM in May 2011.

In addition to Red Faction Armageddon, THQ's fiscal 2012 core games line-up is expected to include Warhammer(R) 40,000(R) Space Marine(R), MX vs. ATV(R) Alive(TM) and the latest edition of Saints Row(R), as well asthe next installments of fighting games based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) and World Wrestling Entertainment(R), positioning THQ to grow net sales and generate significant earnings and cash flow in fiscal 2012.

THQ President and CEO Brian Farrell said, "THQ's creative organization is delivering a strong pipeline of core game franchises scheduled for release over the next several years, positioning THQ for significant net sales, earnings and cash flow growth. We continue to execute on our plan to deliver great games, market them aggressively and release them in the most advantageous windows."

Primarily as a result of the updated release schedule for Red Faction Armageddon, THQ now expects to report fiscal 2011 non-GAAP net sales in the range of $800 million to $825 million and a non-GAAP loss per share in the range of $0.10 to $0.20.

THQ's core games release schedule* in fiscal 2012 includes:

Title - Anticipated Release Date

Red Faction Armageddon - May 2011
MX vs. ATV Alive - Spring 2011
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Summer 2011
Saints Row - Fall 2011
WWE - Fall 2011
UFC - Winter 2012

*Release schedule subject to change

Member Comments
# 1 sportznut02 @ 09/14/10 06:20 PM
That`s probably a good thing. After Undisputed 2010 this game needs all the time it can get to fix things.

# 2 p_rushing @ 09/14/10 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportznut02
That`s probably a good thing. After Undisputed 2010 this game needs all the time it can get to fix things.
Yes they need the time, but they may not have the time. If EA releases a good game and then backs it up with the next release, 2012 may not matter. 2 years is a long time for people to forget about your game ... but they also need people to forget about 2010.

# 3 King10Sooted @ 09/14/10 10:35 PM
If EA puts out a good game it wont really matter to me. THQ had their chance to release a good MMA game. Ill be sticking with EA aslong as it lives up to expectations.

# 4 Ikki @ 09/14/10 11:03 PM
So I guess it will be released on the next generation of consoles. We may expect some major graphic improvement.

# 5 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/14/10 11:10 PM
Next generation of consoles isn't until 2014-2015.

# 6 King10Sooted @ 09/14/10 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikki
So I guess it will be released on the next generation of consoles. We may expect some major graphic improvement.
I would hope they would worry more about some gameplay and online improvement first.

# 7 Dazraz @ 09/15/10 08:22 AM
I think THQ have made the right move. I don't think a UFC title warrants an annual upgrade. Especially if the changes are going to be as minimal as those on UFC 2010.
EA will undoubtedly see an opportunity here so expect another MMA title at the end of 2011.

# 8 UNC_Pete @ 09/15/10 08:33 AM
I hope this means they realized the poor sales weren't due to RDR but the things they messed up in the game which made it worse than 2009..

(I enjoyed 2009 even with it's shortcomings..)

# 9 aholbert32 @ 09/15/10 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Yes they need the time, but they may not have the time. If EA releases a good game and then backs it up with the next release, 2012 may not matter. 2 years is a long time for people to forget about your game ... but they also need people to forget about 2010.

Not really. THQ has the UFC brand. I dont care how good EA's MMA game is or how good the Create A Fighter in that game is most UFC fans want an authentic UFC experience. They want the actual fighters from that league. Thats why THQ's game will always outsell EA's game no matter what.

# 10 p_rushing @ 09/15/10 01:49 PM
Does anyone know if they really have the UFC brand until then? If EA makes a great game, White would definitely give EA rights also if THQ doesn't have a contract that far in the future.

# 11 aholbert32 @ 09/15/10 02:01 PM
Quote:
Does anyone know if they really have the UFC brand until then? If EA makes a great game, White would definitely give EA rights also if THQ doesn't have a contract that far in the future.
THQ will still have the contract in 2012.

# 12 bkfount @ 09/15/10 02:02 PM
Good. It was stupid to make a yearly franchise out of a MMA game anyways.

# 13 sb24 @ 09/15/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
I guess you didnt realize Dana White hates EA. He went as far as to say any UFC fighter to appear in the EA game would be cut. Now obviously he has backed off about that but he hates EA. If THQ tanks the next game, then he might start thinking about it but even then his hatred for EA is too deep.

# 14 sportznut02 @ 09/15/10 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I hope this means they realized the poor sales weren't due to RDR but the things they messed up in the game which made it worse than 2009..

(I enjoyed 2009 even with it's shortcomings..)
I could not agree more Pete. What really stinks is that this game was one of my most anticipated games of the year. This game for me was easily the biggest disappointment of the year. They started off with a great effort with UFC Undisputed 2009, I just don`t get how they screwed up with 2010 so bad.

# 15 p_rushing @ 09/15/10 03:11 PM
White likes money more than he "hates" EA ... if it makes him money, his "hate" will disappear.

# 16 sb24 @ 09/15/10 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Did EA do something to UFC? I imagine there has to be some history behind that.
He went to EA first about making a UFC game. They told him something along the lines of its not a real sport or something. They completely disrepected his sport and to his face.

Quote:
White likes money more than he "hates" EA ... if it makes him money, his "hate" will disappear.
Not really. I am not going to go far to debate it (in fact last post then moving on) but you underestimate his hate for EA. I even said in my post how he might back off slightly but there is no "White would definitely give EA rights." The company disrespected him in a way he wont let go. Go ahead a just search for some info on it, that hate isnt going anywhere anytime soon, money or not.

# 17 aholbert32 @ 09/15/10 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
He went to EA first about making a UFC game. They told him something along the lines of its not a real sport or something. They completely disrepected his sport and to his face.

Not really. I am not going to go far to debate it (in fact last post then moving on) but you underestimate his hate for EA. I even said in my post how he might back off slightly but there is no "White would definitely give EA rights." The company disrespected him in a way he wont let go. Go ahead a just search for some info on it, that hate isnt going anywhere anytime soon, money or not.

Exactly. Plus its not like UFC 2010 was a sales failure. It just didnt sell as much as 2009 and THQ started to question whether there is enough demand for a UFC game every year. White is still very happy with THQ.

# 18 bkfount @ 09/15/10 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
I guess you didnt realize Dana White hates EA. He went as far as to say any UFC fighter to appear in the EA game would be cut. Now obviously he has backed off about that but he hates EA. If THQ tanks the next game, then he might start thinking about it but even then his hatred for EA is too deep.
I hardly put any weight to anything White says anymore. While I doubt he hates EA as passionately as some believe, he is ultimately a businessman that has to hype up his company. Besides, Peter Moore wasn't even at EA at the time, and has said nothing but great things about the sport. EA isn't the company it was when White apparently shopped a game to them.

I'd rather EA not get the UFC license anyways. Competition is great, and I doubt another company would even attempt a non UFC MMA game like EA is.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.